My Other Ride

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

My Other Ride

Post by BADs Crew »

Its not an Chevy but this is my other ride on the sandy beach of the Atlantic. I guess this post won't get a passing grade either. :?:

[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

Take me to your club.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Nice :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

Thanks. Unfortunately it's not Atlantic nether ocean but it's very nice in good weather. :wink:
P.S. Your truck sells as Navara on local market :wave:
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Nice ride! Performance? Mileage?
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Its been a great pick up so far. 261 HP, lots of pep in the pedal. 16 to 19 maybe 20 MPG if I try and keep it at 2000 RPM and stay off the brake. Lots of room inside.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Beefy frame or flexomatic like the CCs? Looked under a 08 Dakota CC. Dang!!!! Looked like a 2 ton truck frame under that thing. Strong but also less ground clearance.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Full box frame with 10.1" of ground clearance at the rear diff. Mine came with the XM radio and bluetooth hands free phone package, it also has the moon roof and full side curtain air bags. The NISMO model has the off road package that includes Bilstein shocks, electric locker and Hill Descent Control /Hill Start assist. Here is a link to the full Specs
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Impressive! Thanks for the link.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, I had a ball wheeling and wrenching on my XJ. I had $2k initial cost in it, Wrenched it with another 1-2K, had a blast, learned allot and sold it for $2k. Yes, I lost money on it overall but, the excitement and thrill factor made it worth while. For 2K I could make a mistake, flop it or burn it up and I could still smile, once I got it out or the woods following our tread lightly philosophy.

My next move was an '03 Rubicon that was a recovered stolen vehicle with a good title out of TX. It was a little more in price but, not anymore than a tricked out Rhino. Rubis come stock with Dana 44 axles front and rear, 4.10 gears and air lockers. All kinds of good deals can be found for those that wait.

Anyway, I am just beginning to build the heep up when the climate dictates going the other way. Lots of good tow rigs and trailers surfacing on the internet due to fuel costs. I am just gonna mess with my heep until the extended warranty expires on the CC and go from there.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

The XJ was nice but I like the Rubicon better. Looks like a fun toy. Is it better on the rough terrain than the XJ?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:The XJ was nice but I like the Rubicon better. Looks like a fun toy. Is it better on the rough terrain than the XJ?
There's pros and cons to both. The Rubi has the axles and lockers but, there was a whole lot less to worry about with the XJ, due to it's longer wheel base. For a stock, off the shelf, rig an LJ would be ideal. I wish that I had been more patient.

versus a TJ's wheelbase.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

The Rubi is growing up.

As purchased.

June 22, 2008. 1" BL and 1" motor mount lift required for later mods. Hardtop shed for weight loss and for a place where wasps can nest :wink:

August 9, 2008, 4 1/2' Rubicon Express Super Flex short arm lift with 3 1/2" coils, 33/12.50 x 16 BFG MT/KM (they're actually P285/75x16 so, I translated), Old Man Emu shocks and some used half doors (additional dietary requirement) :lol:

Immediate mods needed is an alignment, HD steering stabilizer and Discos. That will be over $300 spent by this coming Tuesday.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

How much you want for that old yellar ZR5 ?
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Horsehammerr wrote:How much you want for that old yellar ZR5 ?
Allot more that it is worth, trust me :lol: I have a few mods waiting to be put on it.

It is also getting ready for The Z-Rock in Harlan, KY and meeting Brule at the Moab the same month :lol:

It's also scheduled to be SFAed in May of '09. :wink: It isn't going anywhere for a very long time. The heep is a toy and Mrs Hoff is still regretting that she told me that I should find a hobby!. :lol: If, anyone is to blame then, I point my finger at Brule. He was the one that asked me if, I had considered off-roading and that was over 4 years ago! :lol:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:... I point my finger at Brule.
:angel:
There are worse things. :evil:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:,,,,,,,:angel: There are worse things. :evil:
Agreed but, who would have thunk that after wheeling the poor taxpayers "junk" , for 25 plus yrs., that I'd even consider wheeling once I hung up my guns. Image
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I guess I can be rather persuasive.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:........I guess I can be rather persuasive.
Now you are overstating the obvious :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Anyway, I am just beginning to build the heep up when the climate dictates going the other way. Lots of good tow rigs and trailers surfacing on the internet due to fuel costs. I am just gonna mess with my heep until the extended warranty expires on the CC and go from there.
Same obstacle after a little wrenching!

Same ledge with a 1" BL and 1" motor mount lift with stock 31s

Today with a Rubicon Express 4 1/2" lift using 3 1/2" springs. It is the same obstacle!

My dead line was today to get the heep set up! It isn't dialed in yet but, Brule and Utah beckons me! Time to get serious on the CC!!!!

btw....Those are 33s on the heep in the photo. I was behind a heep on 40s and had to keep remembering to take a different line.

I am going to do some serious preventative maintenance on the CC now. So the toy will need to be put away like a dragster named "henryJ"
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Really, this IS my only ride since my wife took over the CC from me.

Last edited by Gary H on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Nice looking WJ or is it a ZJ!
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

f9k9 wrote:Nice looking WJ or is it a ZJ!
Thanks. It's a ZJ. I used to mess around with Jeeps years ago and could never kick the habit. It just went into remission for a while. I just found a M715 for sale next to where I work and am trying to resist!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Oh man, I am glad our trails are to tight for one. I'd be tempted :lol:

Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

or maybe a nice M37 or Power Wagon?

I'd love to have one of these...

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I just noticed you have a lLA lift on your ZJ, what flavor is it?
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

f9k9 wrote:I just noticed you have a lLA lift on your ZJ, what flavor is it?
I swear you're gonna laugh. It's a 5.5" long arm made by "Rusty's Off-Road".

(Remember the handle I use to go by here?)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Gary H wrote:
f9k9 wrote:I just noticed you have a lLA lift on your ZJ, what flavor is it?
I swear you're gonna laugh. It's a 5.5" long arm made by "Rusty's Off-Road".

(Remember the handle I use to go by here?)
Want to know what is really weird? I spoke with Rusty this week concerning a problem with his engine/tranny skid on my TJ It seems to be an unusual problem and he is conducting tests to see what was up with my front drive shaft hammering the skid. when discoed. I talked to him last this past Friday and he was still conducting tests but, was going to call me back when solved.

Glad you dropped a giant hint on me to remember who you were. Great to have you back, Gary!! :D
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

f9k9 wrote:Glad you dropped a giant hint on me to remember who you were. Great to have you back, Gary!! :D
I thought you knew who I was! I put an "AKA Rusty" in one of my posts and wanted to put it in my sig but I guess those are still turned off.

Yeah, I took a break and was off the board for a while and my user ID expired or something. Since I couldn't remember why I even did the whole silly "Rusty" thing in the first place, I decided it was better to just be myself and use my own name.

As for Rusty's Off-Road, I found them to be pretty good. I know there are a lot of people out there though that can't stand them. I don't know why. When I did my lift, I caught some flak from people on NAGCA about going with Rusty's kit, partially because it was bolt on instead of welded on like Clayton's Kit. I figure that bolt on was better because if anything bad ever happen to the ZJ, I could unbolt the parts and buy another ZJ and rebuild. So far, I'm very happy with it. Next up is axle upgrades and gears with lockers. 3.55s and 33" tires with a 4.0 and auto don't mix!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Gary H wrote:................. Next up is axle upgrades and gears with lockers. 3.55s and 33" tires with a 4.0 and auto don't mix!
IIRC you changed the name to Rusty when fooling with that Gen I Blazer. :lol: If, you read that link I provided, I was bashed for buying a slid from a Cherokee after market fabricator. Hel*, I was tickled with his quality and price on my XJ's tc and gas tank skids. The TJ engine/tranny skid w/powder coating for $159 is a steal. Even Skid Row is another $100! It is solid stuff and a bear to install by your lonesome. He is still trying to test why my skid was being hammered by the front drive shaft ujoints, when discoed. I have no worry he will make it right.
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

That's right. Now I remember. :lol: I still have that old Blazer. I gave it to my son Kyle as an eventual father-son fix up project. He's still only 8yrs old so it's sitting out back under a cover waiting for him. I was thinking that M715 would make a better project. Personally, I can't think of a better first car for a 16 year old boy. Let's see, built like a tank and has a max speed of 55mph...

I did read the link and saw what you were talking about. I did detect a little animosity towards Rusty's from the other guy though. On NAGCA and Mallcrawler, they bash Rusty's unmercifully. Funny part is, most of them have never had any of his stuff. Internet version of mob mentality I guess. :? I still need to get a tranny/t-case and gas tank skid for mine. That and a set of rock sliders. Got one minor ding in the left rocker already.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
jflatley
Crew
Crew

Post by jflatley »

My other ride

How about this one

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m410 ... G_1580.jpg

and "Bandit", my son, he loves to go off roading. Had him out through a few trails adn all up and down the beach at Assateague.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m410 ... G_1548.jpg

forum limit for images 100k-HJ
Last edited by jflatley on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

jflatley, I like the low rider, that's pretty cool. 8)

How hard is it to ride and balance on the tall one? :?:

Steve
jflatley
Crew
Crew

Post by jflatley »

The double decker is always fun. Everyone stops and stares at me. I have had people pull their cars over on the highway to talk to me and get a picture of me on it. A few people like to try to ride it but not everyone. Once you are on it, is liking a normal bike, just cant put your feet down.

The lowrider is only about 1/2" off of the ground and is about 10' long. I call it the speed bump....

People aren't going to see you until "BUMP BUMP" (looking behind their car) "What the f*** was that?"
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

HAHAH :lol: the bikes are cool.