So where are the "old timers"?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Gary H
Crew
Crew

So where are the "old timers"?

Post by Gary H »

I go away for a year or two and I see a lot of new faces but where did all the old members go?

Gary
(aka "Rusty")
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

A lot have moved on and we are seeing more members who have purchased used CCs. There are a few ZR2 owners on board since their mothership crashed a couple yrs back :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jim is still here, Hobie stops by now and then. A few more stop in now and then.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Careful with that "old timers" thing. Some of us resemble that remark even if we did buy used CC's and then found this site. :trex: May not refer to longevity on this site but can definitely refer to advancing personal years. :lol:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Seven of the first two dozen members still show up now and then.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Seven of the first two dozen members still show up now and then. That is pretty good after nearly six years.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

roadrunner wrote:Careful with that "old timers" thing. Some of us resemble that remark even if we did buy used CC's and then found this site. :trex: May not refer to longevity on this site but can definitely refer to advancing personal years. :lol:
Sorry. I just turned the "Big Five Oh" myself and while some people may not think 50 is that old, some days I really feel a lot older.

I sort of faded out of this board when my wife took over the CC as her daily driver and I got re-hooked on an old hobby I used to mess around with years ago. Went back into R/C airplanes. The garage is full of them now! I have a bunch more kits to build too and no money left for anything else.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Gary H wrote:Sorry. I just turned the "Big Five Oh" myself and while some people may not think 50 is that old, some days I really feel a lot older. Went back into R/C airplanes. The garage is full of them now! I have a bunch more kits to build too and no money left for anything else.
Shoot you're just a kid yet! :lol: Passed that mile-marker some years back myself. Used to do the R/C planes thing many moons ago too. :) Sometimes have to grit the teeth to avoid gettin sucked back into the flying thing again. :wink: Gotta save all I can for mods for the CC now. :wink: :lol:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Still here...even though I drive one of those Dodge things. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

AZS10Crew wrote:Still here...even though I drive one of those Dodge things. :D
I'm driving a '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee now so I'm kind of in the Chrysler camp myself. :lol:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'm pondering getting something else. 15 mpg is just killing me. And that's highway mileage too. It figures out to about $0.18 per minute for me to drive to work and back. :cry:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

:wave:

Hey Gary, Long Time No Post. Do You Still Have The Blazer Hanging Around??
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

AZS10Crew wrote:I'm pondering getting something else. 15 mpg is just killing me. And that's highway mileage too. It figures out to about $0.18 per minute for me to drive to work and back. :cry:
My Grand Cherokee gets just barely 18mpg with the 4.0 inline 6 (according to the trip computer) but I'm thinking that's a bit on the optimistic side. Most of my driving is open country roads though. No stop and go city driving. Still, it has a 23 gallon tank and it sure hurts to spend $70 to fill it up! :x
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

gocntry wrote::wave:

Well hey Jeff! Yes it has been a long time. I still have "FrankenBlazer" as Sharon calls it. The junkyard 4.3 I put in it a while back died rather suddenly. Almost total loss of oil pressure, closely followed by knocking noises. I never bothered to find out why. It's parked in the corner of the garage. I had an idea of maybe trying to make my version of a GMC Typhoon out of it, but with a Corvette TPI 350 instead of going the turbo 4.3 route. It would be a fun little street sleeper and with lowered suspension, late model Vette wheels and tires, it should corner pretty good as well as go fast straight line. Ah, but the reality of no time, very little funds and high gas prices intervenes. Fun to think about though. Meanwhile the beast sits and waits.

So how's things with you? I used to see your truck parked out by 234 but I haven't seen it in a while. Still have it? Ever did any more wheeling with the Core4x4 group? Seems like a lot of the GWNF trails are getting shut down. I haven't gone wheeling in ages.

By the way, speaking of Core4x4, where's Quickbiker at? I'm waiting for him to jump in here too.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Gary H wrote:
gocntry wrote::wave:

Well hey Jeff! Yes it has been a long time. I still have "FrankenBlazer" as Sharon calls it. The junkyard 4.3 I put in it a while back died rather suddenly. Almost total loss of oil pressure, closely followed by knocking noises. I never bothered to find out why. It's parked in the corner of the garage. I had an idea of maybe trying to make my version of a GMC Typhoon out of it, but with a Corvette TPI 350 instead of going the turbo 4.3 route. It would be a fun little street sleeper and with lowered suspension, late model Vette wheels and tires, it should corner pretty good as well as go fast straight line. Ah, but the reality of no time, very little funds and high gas prices intervenes. Fun to think about though. Meanwhile the beast sits and waits.

So how's things with you? I used to see your truck parked out by 234 but I haven't seen it in a while. Still have it? Ever did any more wheeling with the Core4x4 group? Seems like a lot of the GWNF trails are getting shut down. I haven't gone wheeling in ages.

By the way, speaking of Core4x4, where's Quickbiker at? I'm waiting for him to jump in here too.

Yep Still Have The Truck, You Will See It Parked Across From Lowe's On 234, Still Work There. Unfortunatly I Haven't Been Able To Go Wheeling For A While, Truck Needs Some New Front End Parts, If I Went With CORE The Front Suspension Would Not Make It Back :lol: , Yeah I Notice They Are Closing A Lot Of The Trails. I Was At Paul's (quickbiker's) Once After He Had The SAS Done. His Truck Is Cool, I'm Hoping Mine Can Grow Up To Be like His One Day. :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

gocntry wrote: Yep Still Have The Truck, You Will See It Parked Across From Lowe's On 234, Still Work There. Unfortunatly I Haven't Been Able To Go Wheeling For A While, Truck Needs Some New Front End Parts, If I Went With CORE The Front Suspension Would Not Make It Back :lol: , Yeah I Notice They Are Closing A Lot Of The Trails. I Was At Paul's (quickbiker's) Once After He Had The SAS Done. His Truck Is Cool, I'm Hoping Mine Can Grow Up To Be like His One Day. :D
The last time I went out with Core it was to Green Ridge (or something like that). I managed to trash both front outer CV's within the first mile of trail and had to run the rest in 2wd mode. It was interesting to say the least. I used to have some good action pics of me charging up muddy hills with a rooster tail of mud out the back (and I wonder why the motor is blown now). I wish I could still find them.

I'm hoping to go again sometime with the Grand Cherokee. I've had it off road and in the mud once as well as a couple of hill climbs. For a "Luxury Barge" (it's the Limited version with all the options except the V8 ) I was surprised at how well it does off road. I remember when they first came out in '93 and I laughed at the "yuppie wagons". I take back all the bad things I said about them! Off road, it's all Jeep.