Snowed in in IN!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Snowed in in IN!

Post by purduecrew »

We are gettin snowed in here in southern Indiana! Reed, hows it goin down there in KY? I got a couple friends headed to Harlan tomorrow, maybe! 11" so far and its still fallin!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

We got a foot and a half in the eastern suburbs of Cleveland since yesterday afternoon and they're still calling for about 10" to 14" more!!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It's still snowing here but, should stop shortly. No large amount, maybe 4-5". Why are they going to Harlan? ATV or 4WD wheeling?. I suspect the roads are nasty over there.

Looks nasty over there!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Hope you guys keep the snow in your neck of the woods. I'm tired of snow for this year. Keep warm, stay safe.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

haha they are goin Jeepin... I figured it would be nasty for them, but those boys really enjoy tearin their stuff up :!:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

It's 75 and sunny here in Napa, CA. :poke: :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :wink:
Steve
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Laugh it up, I am in the middle of an ice storm, it has been raining/sleeting/freezing rain all day. My satellite dishes froze up about 4pm, temps are dropping and we have power lines coming down all over the city. I have been monitoring our PD Central Dispatch all day and they just called all fire and municipal workers to report to there posts. They are barricading street hazards and I currently have a 6" river of slush flowing down my street. I am packed and ready to assist if our C.E.R.T team gets activated.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I pulled out a Cobalt out of a snow mound tonight. He had attempted to make a turn but it didn't work out for him. He ended up nose deep into a 5 foot high snow mound! I was driving by after going out to dinner and figured it would be fun to pull him out. There were people stuck every where. I would say the total snowfall amount is between 1.5' to 2 feet of snow. But all over the place there are huge drifts, 4 to 5 feet high b/c it was windy all day. The roads are still awful. Not very many people are out. The local channels advised that you stay off the roads unless it's an emergency.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BobbleSmitty wrote:I pulled out a Cobalt out of a snow mound tonight...........
I would guess that most members do not appreciate the "lake affect" snows that you are so familiar with. They can be a real PITA!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

After all of my whining about So. Cal I guess that everything is relative. I deal with undesirable people all the time out here but I did just go to Blockbuster video at 9:00 pm in shorts and a t-shirt.
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I whine about So CA all the time. It is just not about the climate :wink:
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Got the call to open the shelter minutes after my post. We set up with 14 volunteers the Red Cross ERV with supplies for 200 and weather getting worse. Vermonters are tough, there were still over 400 power outages at 6am with expected power returning by dark today. By midnight last night we had paired down to 6 active team members and the rest were to stand down till this am for 2nd shift. I pulled the overnight and continued on until getting home just a few minutes ago. Total people who needed to use the shelter 0 but the TV news made it there this morning. Second shift was going to continue till 6 then shut down if no one showed up. Long boring night but better safe than sorry.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Her in So. WV, we ended up with about 2-4 in. yesterday, gor called in to work today. By the time I got home this afternoo, most if not all the snow has melted. Hope everyone is staying warm and safe.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Got ~12-16" on the ground here in Louisville. I bugged out of town on Friday afternoon as it was still falling and drove up to Milwaukee to visit the folks for the weekend. Just got home an hour ago and the roads are clear. Snowed ~6" Friday night up there, so I got to use the parents snowblower for the first time. Boy those things are neet!

Saw a black 4-dr crew stuck in the mub trying to pull some guy out of the median on I-65 about 3/4 of the way between Louisville and Indianapolis. Anyone from here? Looked like it had PA3's on it with at least some 31's. Was burried clear to the frame!!
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

Got about 12 hours of light-med rain in Southern Baltimore. Wing Storm Sat afternoon-eve. Had my Canoe ready.
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

2kwik4u wrote:
Saw a black 4-dr crew stuck in the mub trying to pull some guy out of the median on I-65 about 3/4 of the way between Louisville and Indianapolis. Anyone from here? Looked like it had PA3's on it with at least some 31's. Was burried clear to the frame!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA :idea:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Fess up ^ and details...

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

it was some GOOOOEEYY stuff!

traffic was sitting still in the SB lanes and I saw the van on the side of the road, which looked to be inhabited , SO, since we werent moving, I thought I might as well have some fun and help out a potential stuck family. The van slid off the road during the storm to avoid traffic coming to a halt for another wreck a half mile down the road. No one else was bothering to help and the van wasnt all THAT stuck, so I figured it would be a piece of cake. Now, I pulled my frozen snatch strap out of the bed( strike one) and got hooked up to the van. I pulled the strap taught and gave it a yank ( strike two). Looking back on the situation, the strap didnt give at all and I spun through the snow straight to the mud, since apparently there was 5" of rain in the immediate area in the last week. This got my treads clogged, but I wasnt deep, so I backed up and went further into the median without having to get out. This time I gave it more of a yank, but by the time I got the wheels stopped, mud was flying. So I pulled back the third time and the last yank just threw me into the ditch and the left side of my truck just SANK!( game over). I seriously didnt spin more than 3-5 seconds and the ole A/T's just dug holes straight to the frame. I had to get out the passenger side just to open my door.

Turns out the people in the van were just some younger guys from Purdue. The kids in the van were zero help in telling me that the left side was disappearing but I dont blame them as I was the driver and it basically happened so fast that I didnt even notice till it was too late.

So seeing that NOBODY was stopping to hook up ( haha I dont blame them) I thought well hell. So I unhooked and just startin wheelin. I was already gonna need a bath, so I started wheeling HARD!

I got it to rock back and forth, wheels left and right for about 4 feet each way, wheels goin close to 40mph to clear the treads, but I was so off camber, that my right side wasnt gripping much of anything, and the mud on the left was just the gooiest clay like mud Ive ever stuck myself in. And as 2qucik described, I was done at the door. That was my first stuck Ive ever been in that I needed help to get out. Quite an experience! The median was crossable and whatnot, but any type of spinning, and tires just dug through the existing 3-5 inches of snow and went straight to the mud :lol:

I honestly gotta ask though, why didnt you stop 2qucik? Not trying to put you on the spot, but our crews aren't the most populus things on the road :-)
[size=75]2003 Black CC
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

purduecrew wrote:.....................I honestly gotta ask though, why didnt you stop 2qucik? Not trying to put you on the spot, but our crews aren't the most populus things on the road :-)
He probably was thinking about your plans to lower your CC :wink:
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

hahaha, yah well just think tho, I would have gotten less stuck had I been lowered!!!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:?: COG?
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

center of gravity??

i was just thinking less room to dig to get to the frame :wink:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

I was cruising past on the way up to WI to visit family. The Yukon would've been ZERO help to get you guys out of there. The tires on it are barely decent street tires, and it was gooey as all hell. Not to mention the GF was already super extra paranoid about us sliding off the side of the road, I can't imagine how nervous she would've been had we pulled off on purpose!

I also didn't actually think it was anyone from here. We need a sticker or something for our windshields :D :D
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

2kwik4u wrote:We need a sticker or something for our windshields :D :D
Yes! All matching ones!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

2kwik4u wrote:The Yukon...

I also didn't actually think it was anyone from here. We need a sticker or something for our windshields :D :D
Hahaha that explains it! I can spot cops in the dark from a half mile. Thats why I never saw a yellow crewcab, because it wasn't there :lol:

And thats a good idea, we do need some sort of identifier...
[size=75]2003 Black CC
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

They have them. I had one on mine. It is a s-10crwewcab.com sticker. There was a sticky about buying merchendise.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]