FREE "non-slip" oil filter wrench

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

FREE "non-slip" oil filter wrench

Post by barch97 »

[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Thanks for the heads up!
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I have a Craftsman strap wrench like that that works pretty good on a variety of items, even non-automotive related stuff like opening stuck jars.

I still prefer the K&N filters since they have a 1" end nut for easy removal and installation which is much easier than any of those oil filter wrenches. :wink:

Steve
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

whoa you mean there's a tool to help you remove oil filters? And here I have been just grabbing onto them bare handed and twisting them off. Image
I do need to buy one of those strap wrenches, I think I have 4 different filter wrenches at this point that are either too big too small or won't fit to remove the filters in this truck.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I wouldn't mind having the wrench, but what should I do with the Valvoline oil? ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK