the infamous Brazilian Chevy S-10

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

unvth1s
Regular
Regular

the infamous Brazilian Chevy S-10

Post by unvth1s »

Sort of found this by luck, a great find for a person like me. Curious what the GM market was all about in South America. I own an '03 S-10CC but don't know TOO much, but according to this website this truck originated in Brazil in 1995. I found one of these infamous Brazilian S-10CC's, The main difference right off the bat you can see is the headlamps and grille.. The hood has some nice lil stylin' to it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzmPrCKxR3k

ENJOY!!

:)
turkeestalker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by turkeestalker »

Fun link, thanks. They've some great clips available there to view. Like the hood accent, not sure that it is functional, rather for looks I would assume. Knowing what 'assuming' can mean. Wouldn't mind finding one of those in black like that. Mine is an '04 in white with the black accents in the ZR5 package. think that would kinda dress it up at a lot less expense than a new hood like HenryJ's. Though his is mighty sharp, just not within my affordability range. Wouldn't mind finding the body side molding in black like his as well. Had something similar on my '98 extended, and did like the protection offered against door dings etc.. Think it would also tend to dress things up with the contrast of black on white.
unvth1s
Regular
Regular

Post by unvth1s »

glad you enjoy'd it 8) I <3 your avatar, I got my first turkey kill when I was 6. Over at my fathers house there is a 10"x10" blown-up pic hanging(from a disposable camera) of me hold the hen by the legs upside down in one hand and in the other hand was a 22mag long rifle that was as tall as me lol.. My favorite season would have to be dove season tho!

PS. I am now 21
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Interesting! Wonder what engines they're running in them. Isuzu maybe???
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Turbo Diesel Crew Cab S-10???
-2002 CHEVROLET S-10 CREW CAB (LATIN AMERICAN EDITION).
-2.8LTS, 12 VALVE, DIRECT INJECTION, 4 cil, TURBO INTERCOOLER ENGINE.
-IFS FRONT SUSPENSION AND SOLID AXLE WITH LEAF SPRINGS IN THE REAR
-4.10:1 FACTORY GEARS
-5 SPEED TRANSMISION WITH ELECTRIC PUSH BUTTON TRANSFER CASE.
-ALL ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT (DOOR LOCKS, WINDOWS, MIRRORS, SEATS)
-FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY
-FACTORY THEFT ALARM

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Cool! Sure would be interesting to know what fuel economy they get with that setup. 12 valve? Don't suppose they're using stratified combustion chamber technology like the old (I think) VW engines?
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
turkeestalker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by turkeestalker »

I spent some time looking this afternoon, trying to see if I could find a little scoop like that. No luck, but I did find this.
http://www.chevrolet.com.ar/content_dat ... ?referrer=
Now if only I could read the other half of the print! would it be safe to presume that the scoop just may be functional since all models seem to be turbo?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

GM Argentina
GM Brazil
GM Chile

Looks like 2.4L flex fuel engine is also available on the low end models.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Did some pokin around on the site turkeestalker provided but couldn't find any economy specs there. Takes a long time for "dialup guys" like me.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The old Isuzu diesel engine in the LUV trucks got 40 mpg highway. I would think this would be close. Lots of the bigger diesel powered 4x4s are getting in excess of 25 mpg on Diesel.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Perhaps, they show the Brazilian truck with .73 OD in 5th and 4.10 gears and 2.25x15 tires as near as I can tell on the top of the line truck. Don't know how that would compare with the old Luv.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I was looking into those trucks and they look great. I would love to import one into the US if it would pass emissions. But I guess Brazil has a booming economy right now because its about $56k.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

They will not pass emissions
One of the Expedition members tried a Hilux Diesel and it didn't make it.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

Bio diesel for the emissions test maybe? Or if you really want to go green a veggie tank would work, burning pure vegetable oil would surely pass. I assume it is more work than anyone here would want to do though.
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
unvth1s
Regular
Regular

Post by unvth1s »

wow henryJ, Nice find on those south american chevy websites!!! those look cool (almost, except for the headlamps ::ugh::) Seeing one of those imported would be something unique. I'm confused on how they would fail the emissions. Why would GM manufacture their engines radically different from those in place in america? Is it simply because they're diesel? (not aware of many mid-size/small-duty trucks running diesel) I saw a Toyota Tercel two days ago that was diesel, surprised me. Mercedes used to put diesel motors in a few of their models, and I know some VW jetta's and passat's have diesel motors but that's only from what I've read on the internet so they might not have those in america
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Many manufacturers do offer diesel cars but it isn't seen as a "clean" fuel. Europe has started going diesel big time and there is lots of new technology out for clean burning diesel but it has just been tainted with the blue smoke pouring out of the big trucks. Diesels have really come a long way and I'm waiting for them to make a trip into the U.S. with some of these new technologies once people understand they really are safe and clean to run. I'm planning on my next vehicle being diesel if there isn't another alternative fuel available at the time.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Ive got the smoked brazillian tails on my s10!
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

I made a post last year some time about the brazilan s10 I even have some photos in the gallery.

At one time there was a member here that owned one, but I think he made a few posts then left.

Drool over this...

Also Check out this link http://www.pickupcia.com.br/tunig/s10

And this http://www.totalpickup.com.br/pag_inici ... tampao.htm

S10s are really big in brazil. You can get all kinds of toppers, rims, lights, interior bits and off roading accessories! Not to mention the diesel engine with a 5 speed.
Guitar831
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Guitar831 »

[size=75]Guitar831[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:hehe: :speedy:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

That Brazilian S10CC is badass.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]