Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter ???

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter ???

Post by Jim »

Does anybody know anything about this system?
http://www.preignitioncc.com/default/index.htm

The mileage increase seems unbelievable.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

thats awsome. im getting a quote. i bet its super expensive though.
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

I don't recall plasma being listed in the manual as a compatible fuel/energy source :lol:
When they shut off the engine, the researchers reported that it coasted on the plasma for another two minutes.
Somethings wrong if the engine keeps running after you turn it off :P
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

thats what i thought :lol:
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

I find this interesting and have been studying a number of Hydrogen/Oxygen cracking/injecting devices. What I read on this site appears they may have managed to go to a second generation improvement compared to others I've looked at. The main operating idea behind most of these devices is: crack hydrogen/oxygen mixture and pipe it into the engine thus producing a hotter quicker flame front and more complete burn in the combustion chambers along with the boost from the piped in gases. This, however, is the first one which shows a computer adapter/modification to alter the vehicle PCM performance so it doesn't simply compensate for and negate the effects of the injected gases. Most others either don't mention this or vaguely allude to the need for a digital O2 sensor. Those sensors ain't cheap and most require a module to make the sensor compatible with and communicate properly with the vehicle PCM. Prices I've seen for digital O2 sensors start around $180 bare and with adapter module start around $499. Can't speak to the catalytic convertor thing. Insufficient information as to how or why it works and I've not seen any other devices similiar to it. I'm going to get a quote and possibly look into installer training if it proves out. Have to see though. Sounds pretty expensive. Possibly cheap if it performs like they say though.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jeffotto wrote:The HAFC Kit is actually the first stage in a two-stage process to our complete fuel saving Pre Ignition Catalytic Converter package.
Your first payment.

Buyer Beware.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Got my quote back today. $1040+$25 shipping for the HAFC kit. :shock: That's not all though the "kit" includes one quart of fuel conditioner which is to be added at a rate of one ounce per 10 gal of gas along with one ounce each of xylene and acetone. You have to purchase these from paint or hardware stores seperately! :!: When you run out of "conditioner" you have to buy more from them for $50+$14 per gallon. :roll: Then after whatever gains you make with this setup they will later give you a quote on the "plasma convertor" which is your option to purchase additionally. :yikes: Maybe it'll work and maybe not. I don't know but I do know if I had that kind of money to toss around I probably wouldn't be too worried about the price of gas in the first place. :crazy:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

roadrunner wrote:Got my quote back today. $1040+$25 shipping for the HAFC kit. :shock: That's not all though the "kit" includes one quart of fuel conditioner which is to be added at a rate of one ounce per 10 gal of gas along with one ounce each of xylene and acetone. You have to purchase these from paint or hardware stores seperately! :!: When you run out of "conditioner" you have to buy more from them for $50+$14 per gallon. :roll: Then after whatever gains you make with this setup they will later give you a quote on the "plasma convertor" which is your option to purchase additionally. :yikes: Maybe it'll work and maybe not. I don't know but I do know if I had that kind of money to toss around I probably wouldn't be too worried about the price of gas in the first place. :crazy:
Just try adding the acetone to your tank on fill-up... About 3-4 oz per 10 gal tank if I remember correctly. I did this on 2 vehicles in the past, a 92 Tercel went from 28 MPG to almost 40 MPG with no other changes. Also used it on a F150 went from 12 MPG to 16 MPG. Several people at work are using it still... I never had any problems that caused me to be concerned with using it, however I am leary of using it in my "new" Crew cab...
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

It really depends on how dirty and gummed up things are for the acetone to make a major difference... It is a cleaner, after all...

Too much of it at once is probably bad, though.
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I don't suggest adding acetone to the fuel. It is going to take a pretty significant gain to offset the cost at $20 per gallon for acetone. The tiny gain would not be cost effective. You would be far better off adding that amount of gasoline for an increase in mileage.
Don't fall for the gimmicks. Keep your engine well tuned and add some cleaner every other oil change.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Don't use acetone in your gas! :roll:

It will eat all the plastic and rubber parts of your fuel system which will cost you a lot of $ later to repair which pretty much offsets any savings you thought your were getting by using the stuff. :wink:

Steve
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

They sent me a follow-up email today. I sent a response thanking them for their info and quick response and told them it was too pricey and too risky for my liking. Having done some considerable research before on the acetone thing I am not comfortable with adding it or xylene, also a volatile solvent, to my tank. Most reputable testers also caution not to overdo this as it is hard on all fuel system parts. I already run a high quality fuel conditioner so additional cleaning isn't needed.
Overall, even if I were comfortable with this setup I believe by the time you add up all the costs involved it would take quite a while to pay for itself unless you made VERY substantial gains say in the 3X to 5X range. Just my opinion.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Just another update. I have received further communications from them. They have now (according to e-mail) abandoned using acetone and xylene and are now saying use only their own new additive at a rate of 1/2 oz per 13 gal of gas. They claimed to be registered with the EPA and claim they are using trademarked names of "HAFC Covalizer" and "Hydro-Assist Fuel Cell Covalizer". I have done a lot of searching on both the EPA and FTC sites with no indication of either of these product listings or registry. Have also searched from firstgov.gov with no results either for sites or references.