100,000 MILES

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

100,000 MILES

Post by barch97 »

So, I'm driving up the parkway to meet Mrs Barch for lunch yesterday and happen to glance down at just the right time to see...

I spend the next few anxiety filled seconds awaiting the inevitable...

I recall watching the odometer tick past the end of warranty coverage being FAR more stressful but you'll note that breaking into the sixth column made my hand much shakier.

*Edit: I bought my CC on April 15th 2002. So, it took just a few months under six years.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Congrats! Did you immediately pull to the side of the road and complete the long list of maintenance needs that are required at the 100k mile mark?

I bought my truck Jan 2001 and my next oil change is set for 75k miles. Looks like I may never catch you on mileage :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Not yet but, long over due on almost all fluid changes. The 100k tune up has been done twice over already. So, I think I'm in the clear there for a few more miles.

You may catch me sooner than you think. I've only driven it about 3,500 miles in the last year.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

When I hit 100k I went into deep thought of future reliability considering the long trips I have to endure with my job. I didn't want to be caught in another state if something went wrong. After all the fluids were change, new tires, front end rebuild including brakes all around and a full tune up I gave it over to the better half and bought new.
I am sure the S-10 will go another 100k considering my past experiences with Chevrolet but I would have killed it in a few years because of the large area I manage. If the better half drives 30 miles a week its a lot.
I wonder how many here have past this milestone? :?:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

barch97 wrote: I've only driven it about 3,500 miles in the last year.
Excellent! Saving up miles for the Moab trip this fall?
Service it good and check the brakes. We will see you guys there :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

105,600 for me, with bad upper ball joints and I need a darn paint job!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

400 shy of 107,000 here.....
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

129k here! Havent had any major probs. The starter did die about a month ago though...thats about it.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

203,568 on my 2001 :P