That's why they call them Vanity Plates!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

That's why they call them Vanity Plates!

Post by F9K9 »

I couldn't resist and they do not cost anything extra here in KY. I will transfer it to my CC when I trade or total the Heep :lol:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Nice! Wanna guess what I have on my car?
They cost me $104 every two years :shock:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ HJ? :?:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

HenryJ, you got it first try.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I have the 9/11 memorial plates on my SS.

They read SK96SS. :D

My plates cost $70 a year and the extra money is used to help children who lost their parents in the 9/11 tragedy.

Steve
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

The custom plates here in IL used to be free.. but now cost an extra $15 a year. Custom means they follow the 'normal' letter number combination rules for the type of plate. Vanity plates are still at least double and are all letter or all numbers.

Current plates
Crew Cab 4 D YURT -- Yurt is the Mongolian tent that I hand built for camping

1964 Impala MY YAHT 1 -- Got tired of everyone calling it a boat. Its not a boat it a Yacht!! dang it.

1997 S-10 Has had 2 MT BK (mountain Bike) 4 AUTOX but now has KC9GPS. Ham radio plates are a free be here and are actually passenger car plates so I am legal to run the truck on 'No Truck' streets in Chicago.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

daevans315 wrote:.............Current plates
Crew Cab 4 D YURT -- Yurt is the Mongolian tent that I hand built for camping...........
I always thought that the tent and tag were awesome 8)
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

did the jar-head sticker cost you extra...lol. :lol:
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

rickscrewcab wrote:did the jar-head sticker cost you extra...lol. :lol:
No, the stickers are on all the veteran plates for all branches of service. :lol: A coworker's late father had one from WWII and he was in the merchant marines. The conflict's name is on the bottom sticker.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I like it. :thumb: I can't get one because it would read "BADSCREW" :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:... it would read "BADSCREW"
Not exactly what you want all the girls to know :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Not exactly what you want all the girls to know :lol:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Most likely the worst user name to put on any rear bumper. :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I've been thinking about getting my cell #. Nobody would know it was a cell # except for the people in my area. You could always get a bumper sticker above it asking "How's my driving?" It would be a rather interesting way to meet people as well. Pretty discreet too as the #s in NH are 3 digits then 4 just like a phone number.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Ive been tossin around the idea of gettin some custom plates for the Blazer...I know what I want, just dont feel liek going to the DMV and getting the plates. I am going to get NOTSAFE on mine.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

HenryJ wrote:Nice! Wanna guess what I have on my car?
They cost me $104 every two years :shock:
$104 is nothing. My last set of plates were around $250 for two years. The only thing special about them was they are Purdue University plates which added $25.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

AZS10Crew wrote:............$104 is nothing. My last set of plates were around $250 for two years. The only thing special about them was they are Purdue University plates which added $25.
Don't go there :lol: KY charges property tax on the vehicle every year and that is included in the renewal fees. How they figure what a vehicle is worth is beyond me. It's well above NADA and Kelley prices :evil: I pay over $200 a yr on a 5 yr old S-10 and over $50 on a 17 yr old heep each year! :wink:
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

I just ordered mine today mine will say 1 NEWMAN my last name. Cost me $105 every yr.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:Don't go there :lol: KY charges property tax on the vehicle every year and that is included in the renewal fees.
We Have That Here In Virginia Too, This Year Is Has Cost Me The Following For My Truck:

Just Regular Tags (not personalized) $41.50 Per Year
State Safety Inspection - $15.00 Per Year
State Emissions Inspection - $28.00 Bi-Annual
Personal Property Tax - $200.00 Yearly
County Sticker - $25.00 Yearly

Man I Love This Place :evil:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, for those of you that have been around awhile, and know about my luck with water fowl will appreciate this. It takes like almost 2 months to get them here. You have to show your DD214 (discharge paperwork) and go into the courthouse with your current plates. I gave them extra time (because of my luck), called them up to verify that they were in. I was advised that they were in. I yank my tags while parked at the federal courthouse, walk 6 blocks to the county courthouse with tag in hand. I go to pick it up and low and behold there is my tag :wink: Only problem is that it was a motorcycle tag! :bonk: I have never seen a veteran tag on an bike. Made me want to go out and buy another one right then and there but, I had to reject it. :lol: