300 MPG

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

300 MPG

Post by BADs Crew »

300 MPG for under $30'000. Aptera
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I saw that but think its too good numbers to be true. It has no information on the engine that I could find thus making me think they exaggerated a little.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

It's probably true, why not? But they are counting the stats from a full charge. And how much does it cost to charge that battery all night? The cost of electric is very high. And how much fuel is burned to charge the batteries? All that hybrid stuff is such garbage. It's just an intermediate fix that is worse than the problem. I'm just upset that they aren't spending more time and money on hydrogen, that's the answer. So I'm holding out for a 4x4 that runs on 100% hydrogen! :D
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

I like the hydrogen idea too but after studying it a bit I have discovered several problems there to overcome. Not saying they can't be overcome but it may be difficult and applied science has to advance to do it. One is storage of hydrogen and the weight of the tank required. Another is the cost of generating the hydrogen. Safety is also a major concern since hydrogen is three times more explosive than gasoline and even a small leak would be disasterous if ignited. Perhaps even more important from an automotive standpoint I have read in some patents that it is required to disassemble the engine and have the cylinder walls,valves, pistons, valves, and rings ceramic coated to prevent rusting since the byproduct of combustion of hydrogen is water.
I like tha hydrogen idea too but believe there are definite obstacles to be overcome there.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]