New owner/member

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

New owner/member

Post by WileyHunter »

Hey all, just thought I'd jump in... I found the site pretty much like my truck, by shear accident.

I was looking for either a Tacoma or a Wrangler as I don't need anything big but did want 4x4... Well, the kids are at an age of growth spurts and I wanted something that all 4 of us can go do things in... Just happened across a S10 CC (didn't know they made them :?: ) Well it didn't take long to figure that this would prolly be a good deal (if not great!!!). Convinced the wife in about 2 minutes, and the bank in a few hours. Next day we're on our way up north to Albuquerque to see/buy it.

2003 LS, pretty much stock, mostly highway life (but some 4x4ing was done in her). I haven't even had a lot of time to look at it much as I'm working nights right now... Hopefully I'll get to play with it on my days off this next week. I've had it 4 days now and am loving it :D

BTW, what kind of fuel economy did they rate these at originally? I seem to be getting about 21-22 on the Hwy at 80 mph and don't know about city... I plan on using it mostly for work commute (about 20 miles) and alot of coyote hunting (150 miles plus in one day typical).

Phil
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

1st- welcome aboard You will find this site a font of info for your new rug and a great bunch of people to hang out with. As for your fuel economy all I can say is WOW! most of us would kill to get our rigs to give us 19mpg at 65mph let alone the mileage you are getting. The 2004 specs showed 14/18 mpg ratings so you are at the top of what we normally see for numbers. Get some pics up so we can see your new toy.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Welcome. 2001 has mileage listed as 15/19 mpg. If you can maintain that after a few mods you will be doing fine.
Mine stays real close to those figures after more than a few mods.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

Welcome aboard! You'll find, as I have over the past few months, that this site is full of the most knowledgable, helpful and fun loving guys, and they're always ready to answer any questions you might have. I love this site!!!
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Welcome to the site. What do you do in Deming? Not much there but a Walmart, McDonald's and fireworks store. lol..
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Welcome to the forum WileyHunter. :wave:

Post some pics of your truck when you have the time. :)

Steve
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

border man wrote:Welcome to the site. What do you do in Deming? Not much there but a Walmart, McDonald's and fireworks store. lol..
Ain't that the darned truth :lol:

Well, there is BP/Customs or LLE, but I'd rather just fly my big balloon thank you...
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

I'm BP in AZ. Going to NM for 9 months to teach....
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

What part of the state??? If near Deming, are you into Yote hunting? I haven't had much of a chance to go this year but I'm about to change that (gotta get the CC bloody). :evil:
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Artesia, between Roswell(UFOs) and Carlsbad(caverns)...........
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Welcome to the forum. I have an 01. Here is a post on my MPG I don't know if the cap is helping or hurting my MPG or not but the S-10 Crew gets better gas mileage than my new Frontier Nismo.

[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

Well, at least work is good for something... Tonight I managed to get a power port rigged up on the driverside below the dash for my cell phone/gps (which I like to have in the corner of the w/s), and got the CB radio installed in the old ashtray location. I also did the Hot Foot mod. On my days off I will probably get the coolant flushed and upgrade from the Dex, and open up the airbox... I definately will get pics then and post. Of course I will need to do this between my 'yote hunting (got three days planned).

On a side note. Does anyone here have the factory optional block heater? And if so, where would I likely find the plug in for it? My truck's orig. owner had some of the options on the truck and since it came from up in Albuquerque I'm hoping he had it too...

Phil

BTW... Nice rig, I like that style of cap. Hopefully I'll be able to find one down the road so the dog doesn't end up in the front when the family goes camping.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

WileyHunter wrote: Does anyone here have the factory optional block heater? And if so, where would I likely find the plug in for it? My truck's orig. owner had some of the options on the truck and since it came from up in Albuquerque I'm hoping he had it too...
A couple people have them. A quick search for engine heater will find the thread. It is in the left rear freeze plug.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

WileyHunter wrote:
BTW... Nice rig, I like that style of cap. Hopefully I'll be able to find one down the road so the dog doesn't end up in the front when the family goes camping.
Thanks, the cap is an A.R.E. MX Series. Their web site says it is still available.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

Well, didn't get a chance to take pic on week off (everyone in the family took turns with FLU). But I did get a K&N filter in the airbox first night back to work. Lights up the tires now. My wife has even commented that the truck doesn't seem as heavy on launch.

I'll get some pics up asap, even though the rig is derty. It prolly won't get cleaned till I get my fill of killing coyotes. :) :wink: :evil: