Another year almost gone...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Another year almost gone...

Post by HenryJ »

Many of you know I am a part-time firefighter/EMT, last night was our annual banquet.
I was honored with the award for Firefighter of the year 2007. The work itself is rewarding, but it really is nice to be acknowledged by the department.
I may be hard to get along with now. This is my second firefighter of the year award and I may be getting a big head :lol:
I guess it was a pretty good year. I raised funds by haunting a corn maze and used the proceeds to install GPS mapping laptops in two of our first run vehicles. I pulled an old man out of a burning apartment complex. I was able to reprogram all our portable radios to talk around a problematic repeater. I attained over a dozen NFPA certifications, most that were long overdue. Those are the things that stand out for me over the past year with our fire department.
My family is healthy and happy , we have a warm home and vehicles all driveable.
Lots of things to be thankful for.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

CongratsImage

Glad to have another year of your friendship.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

To be honored by your pers is most gratifing. I received the same type of award many (32) years ago. congratulations Brule. With all you do for your dept., the award went to a most deserving volunteer.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

So your New Years Resolution is to not sit around quite so much doing nothing right?
Congrats on the award.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

04crewvt wrote:So your New Years Resolution is to not sit around quite so much doing nothing right?
Quite the opposite :lol: Find some time to sit around and do nothing. That is one thing I am looking forward to on the Utah expedition next fall :woohoo:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

:alert: :cheers: :clap: :alert:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Outstanding work, Congrats on the award. :clap:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

a great reward that has gone to a great man!
Three Cheers
hip hip hooray!
hip hip hooray!
hip hip hooray!!!
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
mudtaxi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mudtaxi »

i just enrolled in firefighter 1 today
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Congratulations Brule! :thumb: :cheers:

I have a lot of respect for people in your line of work, and even though you got top honors this year :nana: :D I have always believed that you guys (& gals :wink: ) deserve so much more for what you do.

If it were up to me, fire fighters, EMT's, military personnel, law enforcement, etc, would be the highest paid jobs in the country because they actually deserve it considering what they do for the people of this great nation. :D

Steve
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

Well Done Brule!!!! :clap: :woohoo: :cheers: And I whole-heartedly agree with Steve.

ps...I'd like to throw you a "Web-Master of the Year" award, for running such a great site.
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]