VOIP calling

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

VOIP calling

Post by HenryJ »

I have been researching inexpensive calling options. This actually led to a viable cheap long distance calling option for the truck. I already have wireless capability.

Skype looks VERY interesting. $30 for unlimited calling in the US to a landline. Free calling VOIP on the internet.

Hit a hotspot and call home.

They also have hotspot phones. That would be a very nice option. Stuff it in the pocket walk to a hotspot and dial away. Keep one around the house and you don't need to have the computer running.

Anyone have input?

I installed Skype. The video phone capabilities are pretty cool.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

I was checking into the same thing. I narrow it down to a company called Comwave that has a great little mobile phone that uses WiFi hot spots. Check out http://www.comwave.net
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That looks good. If you need all the services including a number and incoming calls from landlines , it is a better price. What phones work with it? I don't see any of that information.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK