Pics of my S-10

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Pics of my S-10

Post by Torskdoc »

Figured it's about time to put up some pics....
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2949154
hope this works...

2002 CC ZR5 3.42 rear. Predominately Stock

HenryJ Airbox mod.
Covermaster "The Edge" Hard Tonneau.
255/70-R-15 Dayton Timberlines.
Westin Brush bar with Foglights (in addition to Stock F.L.)
Two Engine compt. lights.
Aux light mounted to side of bedliner (switched)
Tail light cover plates
Poly Sway bar end link bushings.

Coming soon.....
1.) Rear Spoiler from 1990 Firebird on Tonneau. (Being painted body color). Surprisingly it wraps over the edge quite nicely. Not too long or short. And it has the 3rd brake light built in, that will show up better than the one on the roof. DONE!

2.) Wake-up kit for the 4L60E.

3.) Trans Gauge

4.) Trans-go Shift kit (RV Pak)

5.) Poly sway bar frame bushings, upper and lower control arm bushings.

6.) a memorial graphic on the tailgate (a WWII Diesel Submarine on the Surface at night going hell bent for leather, stars in the sky, with "SILENT SERVICE" across the top, and "52 boats and 3600 men still on patrol") something like this..... http://www.submarinestore.com/images/pr ... patrol.jpg

Just took it to Norfolk from Baltimore and back towing a 4x8 trailer. 19.4 mpg(empty) and 16.7mpg (loaded) with 1940's shipboard radio rack and equipment. Lot better than the Suburban's 12.2 and 8.9.

Larry
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Nice looking Crew Cab! :thumb:

What's up with the spoiler? :poke:

You know they don't do anything under 130 mph right? :?

Don't take my criticism personally because I mess with everyone who has a spoiler on a non performance vehicle. :wink:

The spoiler does fit nice though. :)

I would bump the poly sway bar bushings to the top of the list along with some good shocks if you are still running the stockers.

Steve
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Nice :thumb: I like the blue.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

killian96ss wrote:................................What's up with the spoiler? :poke:
Our host had one on his so, it's gotta be cool :wink: I do like the blue myself.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

What's up with the spoiler? :poke:

Personal Preferance I guess. My son's 90 Firebird was going to the junkyard, the measurements fell in line, I liked the shape and the fact it had a 3rd stop light. So it came off his, got stripped and painted, and installed.

Forgot.....New Gabriel shocks were 1st things on it. Upgrades are gonna go slow due to lack of $$$. Mortgage, car, RV, etc.. eats up my retirement check and the Docs say I can't work (cardiac problems big time). :twisted:

Larry
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks Good, LarryImage. Sorry about the ticker. BTW, hats off to Corpsmen from an old grunt who probably wouldn't be here today if, it was for a couple of them.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

f9k9: Happy 232nd. 8) belated. Grandpa was with 1st M.A.W. @ the 'canal in '43. Medically discharged in early 45 due to bad asthma. So us kids always called him "Grandpa Jarhead". He ate it up (WETSU!). I still have one of his EGA's. Worked on my share of MARINES, but spent most of my time cooped up in a 425' Submarine with 138 other guys waiting for the ruskies to light one up. :evil:

16 empty tubes, 112 Mushroom Clouds.......IT's MILLER TIME! :lol:

The Navy has .......Hospitalmen
The MARINES have......CORPSMEN

The Best part of the MARINES is the ...CORPSMEN

Semper FI

Larry (Torskdoc)
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Torskdoc wrote:What's up with the spoiler? :poke:

Personal Preferance I guess. My son's 90 Firebird was going to the junkyard, the measurements fell in line, I liked the shape and the fact it had a 3rd stop light. So it came off his, got stripped and painted, and installed.

Forgot.....New Gabriel shocks were 1st things on it. Upgrades are gonna go slow due to lack of $$$. Mortgage, car, RV, etc.. eats up my retirement check and the Docs say I can't work (cardiac problems big time). :twisted:

Larry
I know its an old post but I met Larry yesterday and I just wanted to say that the spoiler looks great on the truck.... Low profile..... Nice looking ride. :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:...I met Larry yesterday and I just wanted to say that the spoiler looks great on the truck....
Did you get a picture of your trucks together?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

It crossed my mind but the pollen fall was so heavy at my house yesterday that my truck was trashed. I knew it was going to rain today so washing it was out of the question. I want to get down Baltimore and tour the sub with my son so maybe we can hook up again and snap some shots then post them up.
I don/t know if it's possible but it would be cool to get a shot with the USS Torsk in the back ground.

Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

With Brians being green and mine blue, you could really tell the pollen had dropped.

Bring your son down on saturday morning (let me know your coming 1st) and I'll get you on. AND the GOOD Tour(conning tower / periscopes).

The trucks in front of the boat sounds cool, but I'm not so sure the aquarium would go for it. They tend to hound us most mornings when we bring equipment down. But we can always give it a try.
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Hook on a tow strap for sh_ts and grins
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I will gratefully take you up on the offer. We'll catch a good Baltimore background for the photo someplace. Baltimore has a lot of sites to see.
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

Torskdoc wrote:The Navy has .......Hospitalmen
The MARINES have......CORPSMEN

The Best part of the MARINES is the ...CORPSMEN

Semper FI

Larry (Torskdoc)
Isn't it really that the Navy has Corpsmen and the Marines BORROW them???

Of course either way they were always called "Doc" by both when I was in.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

WileyHunter wrote:........Isn't it really that the Navy has Corpsmen and the Marines BORROW them???

Of course either way they were always called "Doc" by both when I was in.
Thats very true! I ended up in a small town that one of my "Docs" was from and I am still looking for him with a positive attitude. :wink: