My S-10 Crew is gone

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

My S-10 Crew is gone

Post by BADs Crew »

From my side of the driveway to hers. I just returned home with a White 2008 Frontier Nismo Crew Cab. The dealer offered me $6500 trade on my S-10 Crew so I decided sell our Blazer and hold on to the Crew. Pics will come tomorrow if I have the time.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

OK its tomorrow so here are the pics.

Here is a link to the specs. Nissan Nismo
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I'd really like to hear a comparison of the s10 to the Frontier. I've been looking at other midsize trucks. Is the back seat in the Frontier comparable to ours or smaller or larger?
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Here is a posting by Jeff24 that has all the specs. My 12yo son tells me there is a lot more leg room in the back. I love the way the Nismo rides and handles but as you can see I just can't part with the S-10 Crew yet.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I almost went with a Toyota and it was my first choice; I even sat down with em but Nissan sucked me in with a 100000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, a better suspension package, full lock in rear at the touch of a button, a high tech interior including hands free Blue Tooth cell, XM radio with 6 disk cd and IPOD input, and a power sun roof all for a great price with 3.9 financing.
I was on my cell phone with the Toyota Dealer while sitting in the Nissan and they just couldn't beat the deal.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:...........full lock in rear at the touch of a button..............
Are you sure it is a "full locker" or like the Auburn set up? Just a glorified "enhanced" limited limited slip? Default is still a OEM LS.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Country_Guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Country_Guy »

I was just thinking the same thing as f9k9. Nice looking truck though.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I'm not big on gears so I can only quote what I read. This is from their web site and how the dealer explained it to me.

"Driver’s Notebook: The midsize Frontier is a quick, capable and brawny truck. The Nismo off-road package adds real heavy-duty 4X4 equipment such as a big Dana 44 rear axle with a locking differential."
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

A little searching around found this information on the rear.

Locker
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

ha ha i know this has nothing to do with it but i found
Big Dana 44 rear axle with a locking differential
kinda funny
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Rebel-Chevy wrote:ha ha i know this has nothing to do with it but i found
Big Dana 44 rear axle with a locking differential
kinda funny
As I said I know nothing about gears. Could you please explain the inner workings of the Dana 44 in the 08 Nismo? :popcorn:
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

Dana 44 is the type of axle, im used to the older chevys that have Dana 60's which are the BIG axles.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

OK, When I think of an axle I consider it the hub to spline. It slips into the rear housing and is drivin bt the rear diff. When I think of the rear I consider it hub to hub and everything in between. So what you are saying is the a DANA 44 is just the Axle and has nothing to do with the rear diff or locker. Correct? Like I said I don't know this stuff. I don't go off road. I just want to be able to get from point A to Point B in the snow or mud.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Mix up on terms here guys. The D44 is the entire assembly or differential. Axles are a part of a differential. Some locales refer to differentials as "axles". I'm interested in the topic because I am looking at another Rubicon and the have electric "lockers".
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

when most people hear axle they think the thing the holds the wheels tot the car, thats why i said axle insted or rear or differential
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

f9k9 wrote:Mix up on terms here guys. The D44 is the entire assembly or differential. Axles are a part of a differential. Some locales refer to differentials as "axles". I'm interested in the topic because I am looking at another Rubicon and the have electric "lockers".
I was totally wrong after doing further research. The Rubicons are air operated which definitely makes them a true locker. I am going to have to delve into the Nissan D44s a little deeper. If, they are like the Auburns then they are not a true locker but, commonly referred to as one.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

This one of the most eluding searches I have ever encountered. I counldn't find anything on this rear that explains how it works. Not even at the Dana web site. From what I am reading at Nissan's web site and on different Nissan forums it seams to be a true locker.

Nissan
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

This truck has some kool features like "Hill Start Assist (HSA), Hill Descent Control (HDC), NISMO Traction, and the Electronic Locking Rear Differential"
but i dont like the "Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)" other wise if it was a chevy id consider getting one down the road.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, you're the king of "search" :lol: I am just curious myself. I just passed up a really good deal on a rig with Auburn Elockers but, it appears that your Nissan has Eatons which is a definite plusImage
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

welcome to your new home BAD :)
lets not forget the size difference here

[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Just remember I still have mine. I am sure it will be around a long time. I just detailed it out and tuned it up for winter, This week end its getting waxed and I am going to detail out the engine bay. I think they look good together.

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Locking Differential Demo

Post by BADs Crew »

Noma02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Noma02 »

Sweet new ride.
[size=75]2002 Sonoma crew cab. Mod air box. drop in K&N air filter , Tonneau cover.[/size] Bug deflector, vent guards. Step rail next!
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

Good luck with the new truck. It looks great! :rig:
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Thanks; I just waxed both the crews today. Tuned up the S-Crew last week end. Now I'm ready for winter. Bring on the snow.
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

so how do like the frontier? how many miles on the s10?
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I am happy with the new Frontier. I do miss the day time running lights and heated rear views but I will get use to it I’m sure. The Frontier rides well and has a lot of pick up when you want it. I love the floor shifter with push button over drive as it ands some kick when you need it for passing on the highway. It’s still too early for snow so I haven’t even tried the 4wd yet. I still haven’t found the time to program my cell phone into the blue tooth hands free phone system but the XM radio rocks.

It sits higher than the S-Crew and the seats are very comfortable. My son likes the extra room in the back seat and at the rate he is growing it’s a big plus. I have 1500 miles on it now with no problems but I am reading of problems with the locker rear on the earlier models. From what I understand Nissan only installed 2 spider gears in the rear when there is a place for 4. I am not sure if Nissan has corrected the problem on the 08 but they are making good on the warranty. I have the “OFF ROAD” Nissmo that will most likely never go off road unless I am forced there by some nut case driver so the rear dif issue doesn’t concern me much. All and all I am happy with the purchase. It was a close call between the Tacoma and the Frontier but Nissan had a nice look, more horse power and gave me a better deal.

I am glad the S-Crew is still here and even though it has 108’000 miles on it I am sure it’s going to be around a long time. The better half only commutes 2 or 3 miles a day to work round trip.
Noma02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Noma02 »

Have you done any mods yet?
[size=75]2002 Sonoma crew cab. Mod air box. drop in K&N air filter , Tonneau cover.[/size] Bug deflector, vent guards. Step rail next!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Just the Extang Trifecta Tonneau. I am going to add rain guards and maybe step bars after I pay off the XMAS shopping. I want to get a new 16 drawer Craftsman tool box soon. Winter will be here so my time will be spent inside the shed organizing tools and running electric for things like my compressor and table saw.

Noma02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Noma02 »

Looks good. I really like the roof rack. I'm getting ready to get the rain guards and bug deflector soon. Next thing for me after that is the step bars. Although I wouldn't mind your roof rack! LOL. Also trying to figure out what style decals I want to put on the CC. 4x4 "something"

Great looking rig though!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

If you get the step bars and want stainless steel this eBay Seller has nice ones at a great price. I have them on my S-Crew and I believe a few others here have them also.. I wanted them for the new ride but he doesn't have the ones that fit my truck. :x
Noma02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Noma02 »

Hey thanks for the link. Stainless is the way I want to go. Great price also. Maybe I'll get some Christmas money,lol.
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

Nasta ( brand name ones not the private label ones knock off ones the use carbon steel brackets) are some of the better ones. They use stainless bars AND mounting brackets and bolts. Carbon steel brackets promote corrosion.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I have finally taken my street queen offroad
and added some sliders.
100k forum limit-HJ
link
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

thanks HJ
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Those are some wicked tires! I did a quick search for em, and i guess its a good thing they are in 30/9.5/15 cause I dont think a mud tire would be best for me, lol.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

trucks gets this bumper in 2 weeks
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Nice. Aluminum body to conserve weight?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

no its heavy duty
he might even make them for the S-10s
http://www.kenmtn.com/html/wincher.asp
im getting it from another frontier member for 200 plus my bumper I couldnt pass it up.Thats a pic of the 1 im trading him
now I need to buy a winch
heres a few pics from this sat. trip to the GWNF
http://s769.photobucket.com/albums/xx338/pepsi0424/
my truck in some action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tppzV6zNc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd4ilJqAru4
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds like a great buy. What does that weigh? Are you going to have to change your front springs to compensate for the bumper and winch?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

He said its not really that heavy I would guess close to 100lbs maybe less
I already have changed my front springs and Upper control arms with this
750lb spring and I still have about 1inch I can crank them up
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »