Colorado and Canyon get a V8 in 08

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Colorado and Canyon get a V8 in 08

Post by ace »

I'm not sure how well this is known but did you see these two vehicles get a V8 in 08. I guess following suit to the Hummer H3 now the Canyon and Colorado get a V8.

http://www.gmc.com/canyon/canyon/specsStandard.jsp
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
Country_Guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Country_Guy »

I have heard that from several people and that show on Speed Channel that does car reviews. I wished that would have been an option with these trucks!
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

Our V6 is pretty strong but I hear ya. No substitute for a V8.
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

I still think it's an ugly sucker. But with the V8 it may grow on me :shock:
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

I wish they would change the signal placement. I hate the way the signals sit on top of the lights.
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I agree our trucks are WAY better looking. My parents had a colorado for about a year and disliked it. The backseat felt smaller than ours too.
Country_Guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Country_Guy »

My friend has a colorado with the 4 cylinder in it, its a regular cab with no options. He uses it as a work truck (hes in the construction business and got tired of racking up miles on his 06 Silverado. He said he screwed up and should have bought an old Silverado reg cab because he is like 6ft. 6" tall and its not a vehicle for guys that are 350 lbs and that tall. He took it in for an oil change the other day and the guys wanted to know what the huge dog that was allowed to play with it looks like as the bumpers are missing as well as the grille, the passenger side window is shattered and there is like 12 different colors of paint on it from the guys throwing paint cans in the bed. It is missing the drivers side door handle (he got made and ripped it off after locking his keys in). Theonly mirror left is the one on the driver side. The rear tailgate looks as though hes been rearended by a snowplow. It has one headlight left and well the interior looks as bad as the rest. But it still runs.
Not bad for what he does but now he can't find a dealer to trade.lol.
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

I have spent the last half hour looking at the link to the GMC trucks website and so far I have found no indication of there being an available V8 for the Canyon...at all. Would someone else check the site and see if Im missing something and point me in the right direction?

Maybe they changed the site since this was originally posted?

...FYI, If someone finds V8 info on the site I am going to snap. I swear I read every word on the dang thing.
Frustrating...
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Its not there. I know it was before and I can still find references about it. Maybe GM puled the plug.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

BADs Crew wrote:Its not there. I know it was before and I can still find references about it. Maybe GM puled the plug.
I was hoping that wasnt the case...a V8 would have kept me in a midsize GM. Guess I may have to go with a full size.

Thanks for the help.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The H3's are definitely getting the 5.3L V8 for 08 and it was rumored that the Colorado's and Canyon's would get he same engine since they share the same platform as the H3. :?

If the H3's didn't have sooo many blind spots and such a weak engine I might have gone that direction instead of getting my 05 ZR2 Blazer.

If the Colorado's and Canyon's don't get the V8 in 08 I'm sure they will in 09. :D

Steve
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

...gotta wait another year??

Well, I just hope GM goes through with it. Although I was just looking at the chevy site and built a Colorado crew exactly the way I wanted it and it seemed like a viable option to a half ton.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Yeah I did read that they delayed it a year as it was supposed to be introduced mid-year in 08 so they pushed it to 09... I guess I'll have to wait till 09 to start shopping for a new truck or the camaro seems good too!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Steve wrote:......................If the H3's didn't have sooo many blind spots and such a weak engine I might have gone that direction instead of getting my 05 ZR2 Blazer.............
Steve, say it ain't so. Not an H2 or H3! The sky is falling, the sky is fallingImage
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:
Steve wrote:......................If the H3's didn't have sooo many blind spots and such a weak engine I might have gone that direction instead of getting my 05 ZR2 Blazer.............
Steve, say it ain't so. Not an H2 or H3! The sky is falling, the sky is fallingImage
At least I came to my senses and got another S-Series. :wink:

Have you ever driven one of those H3's?

Lots of cool options, however the blind spots are horrible, probably the worst I have ever experienced in any vehicle. :shock: :?:

I would still like to get another CC when the funds are available (2 car payments would be too much right now). :(

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You can get a FJ Cruiser for 10K and have a lot more capability than an H3. We had stock ones wheel with our jeeps and yotas and they were pretty impressive.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]