Skywalkers- Halloween 2008

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Skywalkers- Halloween 2008

Post by HenryJ »

Marshalltown Skywalkers.
Good tools are great. I just bought a pair of these.

So far they are more comfortable than others I have tried. These should be lots of fun.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

*Heavy breathing* HJ, HJ I am your father
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Looks like you have a good start to a Transformers costume for Halloween
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

They're pretty cool. If, I remember correctly you have some fairly high ceilings in your home. What are you working on now, Brule.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The incentive for these comes from the fund raiser we are holding in a few weeks.
The Fire department is haunting a corn maze. I have a couple home built sets that I have used in the past. Using them for a week was the push I needed to get a nice set.
I dabble in special effects make-up, in all that extra time I have. I also collect and build masks. Tom Savini is my favorite artist.
Everyone has seen his work, a few recognize him.

I am coordinating props for the maze. I will also don a grim reaper with glowing eyes costume for the event.

I have to get the "bloody" chainsaw working this weekend and I think things will all be ready to set up.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Very coolImage
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Halloween is near. What are you going to be?
I will be a 8 foot tall Grim Reaper this year. We start haunting the Corn Maze tomorrow night. The operation room is in place, Leather Faces Lair is ready to go and half a dozen costumes are ready.
The vibrating floor works great and we test the projector in the morning.
It should be a good time. Last minute details are to be set up in the morning, and show time at 6:30 pm.

This is a good time of year for me. My car was built 10-31-1951. The production date is in the left door. You can see the paint bubbled up with that date. Fifteen years ago this Halloween , I played the groom and my best girl played the bride.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Going to go to a party this weekend as Shrek if I can get things pulled together (not much of a stretch) but hey I'm still recovering from knee surgery and I can do makeup better then odd props.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You know we will need pictures, right? My son has the donkey in his room. I can just imagine that under your arm :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Nice! I think those would be alot more fun with a big spring on the bottom of them. lol
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Great party last night.

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I don't have exact numbers yet for the last two days. Probably only 200 or so through.

Corn Maze Album
Here I am getting ready-

and on my "feet"-

The photographer didn't notice my cloak was over my toes :roll:

Paul aka "Michael Meyers"-

Dusty aka "the doctor"-

Laurie , my wife, "the assistant"-

Merri aka "the patient"-

Last night we had three groups that chickened out at the first room. Leather face with the chainsaw. One puked and several left crying. I guess we are doing a good job.
Rave reviews thus far. We run through Wednesday, Halloween.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Thats a great mask for Grim and one heck of a large corn maze. How late does the maze stay open? I bet the kids freaked running into grim after dark. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Okay, why can't I see the pictures?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Age?
Oh wait I can't see them either, I had to right click on them and open them to see them.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:Thats a great mask for Grim and one heck of a large corn maze. How late does the maze stay open? I bet the kids freaked running into grim after dark. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We start at dark and run to 11:00pm on Friday and Saturday. Monday and Tuesday will probably only go till 10:00. No school Thursday, so we will probably go late Wednesday, Halloween.

The pictures are on Googles Picasaweb. This is the first I have tried linking. I can see them ok. Not sure why you are having troubles. Maybe you need to be logged in to Google?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I didn't see them on the first try. Webshots does the same thing.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, I can now see 2 that I had to right click and select "view image". All of my linked photos will be gone shortly when Sony's imagestation closes down. Really ticks me off. Mine was free but, they had premium subscriptions and I would be really pis_ed if, I had paid for something and had it notify me that it was ending! :x
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Google is nice for albums.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

HenryJ wrote:Marshalltown Skywalkers.
Good tools are great. I just bought a pair of these.

So far they are more comfortable than others I have tried. These should be lots of fun.
Back in the 70's when I was a kid my Dad worked in construction building track houses. I would go to work with him in the summer and got paid $5 a house to sweep out the saw dust and small lumber after the framers were done, before the drywallers came in. I would do 1 to 2 houses a day. It was good money for a 10 year old kid.

I remember one track where all the houses were two stories and had a lot of cathedral ceilings. I saw this guy that was taping after the drywallers and he was wearing these type of stilts, I was in awe and watched him work all day. My Dad later told me that the guy was from Idaho and those stilts were illegal in California per OSHA regulations. I worked in construction until I was 23 and never saw another guy use the stilts.

Sure does bring back some good memories seeing these again. I used to have a lot of fun earnings some extra bucks working with my Dad in the summer. I always had pocket change during the school year and was able to buy things like new bikes and later on in my teens, dirt bikes. I would never have thought someone would use these for a Halloween costume.

I bet you scared the heck out of a lot of kids HJ sounds like you have some fun stuff going on up there in Ontario Oregon.
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:Great party last night.
I am not surprised. What is that on top of the fridge? A portion of your antique electronics collection?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

That's at my buddy's house. I will have to see if anyone got a shot of me in his living room (full bar including wet sink and appropriate furnishings). Does give some perspective though, those are normal interior doors and a normal size fridge.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Last year I invested in the stilts, this year I am adding to my mask collection. Almost 80 hours of overtime for the fire department last month means some extra mad money.

The corn maze looks good this year. We have our own. Crossed axes and set up for different stages. The reaper walks again!Image

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I am looking forward to it. Image

I hope you can get some vids posted this year. I don't know a thing about posting vids, other than it took 4 hrs to upload a 20 second vid of the parrot being obnoxious on google last year.