My Summer Vacation

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

My Summer Vacation

Post by BADs Crew »

I started Friday with a 30 year old Shed and ended today with a new 12x18 barn. Here is what I started with.

This was loaded with tools from the day when I owned an interior business along with all my mechanics tools and lawn equipment including my lawn tractor. This all needed to be taken out and the old shed taken down. The shed was 10x12.

I had to prep a level pad so while I was at it I installed 2 inches of new gravel on our 200' long driveway.

I really worked the crew on a few lumber runs. This pic shows the crew with 10 sheets of 4x8x1/2 plywood, 12 2x4x12s,and 16 2x4x8. This was all used to build the new interior shelving.

finally today I was able to take delivery of the new barn. Five days after I started the project.

Tomorrow I have to start loading the tools back in the new barn out of the temporary storage container I rented. And the pay off? My better half wants to paint the interior of our home. We picked up 8 gallons of paint of various colors on my last trip to Home Depot yesterday. I just love vacations away from the office,

:x
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

looks good :)

can you drive the tractor in through that side door?
hope this one works better for you, good luck on that painting :wink:
:cheers:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Yes the side door opens to 50" and my mower deck is a 42. I ordered a ramp kit like you use to load a ATV on to the back of a pickup. I don't want a permanent ramp. because the door laps down past the floor level so I would have to modify the door to make it work. Besides it would just be one more thing to trim around when I mowed. Mowing is a 1 1/2 hour job as is. Oh I didn't mention that I built that old shed about 30 years ago. It was moved from my parents home 13 years ago and refurbished.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Man, I am so jealous! Thanks for sharing!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
CrashNburn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrashNburn »

i would be happy with your old shed LoL... i have an 8x8 ice shack, thats been converted to a shed HaHa.
[size=75]I hold Wrench, you turn truck!![/size]
michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

Post by michael_4x4 »

Good looking truck.
[size=75]Contact me anytime at
Michael_4x4_15@hotmail.com
2"BL.Torison Bar crank..clear corners..ebay air intake siruis satelite radio scanner hitch tailights tint all around...stero systemhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/693359[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Thank you. It wasn't today after I made my last trip to the land fill today.

I had to run about a mile of muddy road sometimes up to a foot deep to get back to the dumping spot. After about the first 50 yards I figured the truck was in for a detail job at the end of the day anyhow so I went wild and in 4wd and gave the truck its first mud bath. I just finished the 2hr detail work and she's now ready to go back to my office in the morning and park with the BMWs and Caddies.

I like your ride too. I looked for a white one when I was shopping for mine but had no luck. I like the way the black trim and tires look with white paint. My very first S-10 was white.