It's HOT!!!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

It's HOT!!!

Post by border man »

Well I finally replaced my roof. I did it at the wrost time of the year too. :twisted: It has been above 100 since early May and I have the tan to prove it. Thanks to F9K9 for the great deal on the nail gun. It would have took much longer to hand nail the 76 bundles of shingles.

Before

After
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

maybe it's just the difference in the time of day the before/after photos are taken but did you make your roof darker? in Arizona? and you're complaining that it's hot? :roll:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

My question is.............Do you want your money back on the Craftsman roof nailer?

Now imagine getting paid $1 for each sq you hauled up a ladder. Asphalt shingles were significantly heavier than today's fiberglass ones.

You done good Bro' and I am sure you appreciate the money that you saved.

Drink a beer for me and remember that my hands were also on that nailer.

Did it give you a whole new meaning to "double tap"?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

f9k9 wrote: ................Did it give you a whole new meaning to "double tap"?
Sorry, that was a cop thing. Squeeze two to the chest and if, there is no visible results then one to the head. They are probably wearing armor. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

it's like one of those "Highlights for Kids" magazine games - what's different between the 2 pics:

I see:
Vehicles
Roof vent things
Little tree on the left and it's stake
and the satellite dish

are all missing in the 2nd pic - I miss anything?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

adrenalnjunky wrote:it's like one of those "Highlights for Kids" magazine games - what's different between the 2 pics:

- I miss anything?
Yeah, the new house behind mine on the right. The dish was moved elsewhere to a place it would not be blown off of. The vehicles are outside because of all the tools and leftover stuff in thegarage. The roof vent things? well they were very ugly. replaced with low profile vents. The tree died :(
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

barch97 wrote:maybe it's just the difference in the time of day the before/after photos are taken but did you make your roof darker? in Arizona? and you're complaining that it's hot? :roll:
The roof is actually lighter in color than the older one. It's light tan and dimensional (likely the cause) The original roof was 17 years old and very faded.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Can I sell you a lawnmower and a weed eater?
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

how come you've got your trees on a leash? :?:
residential area???

we just let ours roam free :lol:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

bwenny247 wrote:how come you've got your trees on a leash? :?:
residential area???

we just let ours roam free :lol:
Its AZ.. they will wonder off looking for shade if you don't keep them tied up!!
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]