Current Snow Pictures Thread

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Current Snow Pictures Thread

Post by daevans315 »

The other links were getting down there a ways for the current snow storm.
Just got back in and uploaded these. More commentary tomorrow.

http://www.ubergobbie.com/thumbnails.php?album=8&page=1

Here is my favorite.

Last edited by daevans315 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Im not gonna look because I will cry. We didnt get any snow...just a mix of BS.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Same wintery mix of BS here as well. Indy (less than 90 miles away) got 12", I got some icy patches on the commute in.

I hate Ohio Valley Weather, I either need to move to Michigan, or SoCal......I'm tired of the "don't like the weather wait a few days, it'll change" mentality.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

The pics don't really do justice, but you can kinda see by the side of my driveway and on the sidewalk how much snow fell down. I had some fun today in unplowed parking lots. If you look at the second picture, you will see the snow on the front of my truck. That's from going through some big drifts!!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sure wish we had that kind of winter here this year!
Looks like fun. Thanks for the resized pictures!

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

We got hit pretty hard here in Central IL...dont have any pictures but its pretty bad in some spots. I had a revalation of sorts as I rocked myself out of a 5 foot tall drift, all 4 wheels spinnin...I really need a 2'' body lift and some 30x9.5 tires that dont suck.
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

FINALLY we got some appreciable now. 2" so far, and more coming!!!!

Little image linked to a larger one.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Plenty of ice but still no snow worth mentioning here in Jersey.

Last weekend Mrs Barch and I spent a couple nights on Blue Knob mountain (near Altoona, PA) with some friends from college. I had forgotten just how much fun my CC is to drive in the snow. Add the steep winding mountain roads and... well, fun fun fun. 8)
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

The morning after the storm- We got between 22 to 30 inches depending on location and drifts 4 to 5 feet. I drove to work just after taking the photos.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:image
The morning after the storm- We got between 22 to 30 inches............
Was that enough to reach the top of your boots?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yea and I even put them on and dug out my winter jacket for the first time this winter(not to wear just to put in the truck just in case)Image

Ways To Know Your From Vermont

1. You measure distance in hours.
2. You know several people who have hit moose more than once.
3. You use a down comforter in the summer.
4. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
5. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
6. You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and Flannel pajamas.
7. You know all 4 seasons; almost winter, winter, still winter and construction.

8. You've taken your kids trick-or-treating during a blizzard.
9. You design your Halloween costumes to fit over a snowsuit.
10. You have more miles on your snowblower than your car.
11. You live in a house that has no front steps, yet the door is one yard above the ground.
12. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes get filled with snow.
13. Making it home during Mud Season is a competitive sport.
14. You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.
15. Your snow-blower gets stuck on the roof.
16. You frequently clean grease off your barbecue so the bears won't prowl on your deck.
17. You find -20F a little chilly.
18. The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freezer.
19. You attended a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewelry and your snowmobile boots.
20. You can play road hockey on skates.
21. Shoveling the driveway constitutes a great upper body workout.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

After seeing that, I'm ashamed to even mention our puny 4-8 inches
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

its been cold in northern michigan, but not much snow to speak of. january 12 was the last day that we were above freezing. yesterday we hit mid 20's and it felt GREAT! :lol: we even had a week straight below zero.....but not much snow.
Mid michigan got a good blizzard and had 3 feet of snow dropped on it a couple weekends ago.

any body here from up state New York??? did you see those numbers. some places got over 12 feet of snow!
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

We hit 83 today :idiot:, I had to fire up the swamp cooler even.... It's been sitting idle since mid November. :lol:
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
Grunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Grunto »

MI definately sucks this year if you ask me. I like Winter, but it sucks when you dont have much snow at all. It was in the 30's the last couple days and I've been wearing my T-shirt around and I see people driving with windows all the way down, hah.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

We went from a low of 0º yesterday morning to a high of 46º today! How about that temperature change!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]