Fun night last night in the snow

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Fun night last night in the snow

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Last night, me, my cousin, and some friends went out to Alpine Valley (a ski place) to go snow tubing. When we pulled in, I noticed that the front parking lot was somewhat full so I knew that the parking lot in the back is definately full. So I made the turn into the front parking lot and my cousin followed me with his camry. Turns out, the parking lot is basically a grass area in the summer time and not at all paved! I pull in while in 2 wheel drive and make it a bit past the parked cars. I guess where the other people were parked was as far as a normal car should go! Because right after that, the grass turns to 8 inches of mud! But I had no way of knowing this because there was over a foot of snow on the ground on top of it. So I ended up getting stuck in 2wd in the trenches that I created. So I put it in 4x4 and pulled out. This is the first time I really got to test the tires out!! They worked very well!! The funny part is that my cousin, in his camry, got his car stuck in my trenches! My friend and I were able to just push him out backwards. After getting my cousin unstuck, my other friend came driving into the parking lot with his Chrysler Pacifica and pulled right into the same trenches and sort of went in a little too far to push him out like we did for my cousin. So I got the tow rope out and pulled him out backwards! It was a fun night! :) But I was very pleased with my truck and how it handled the mud and snow!!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

they are pretty good arent they?! my roommate finally admitted to me today that s10 was actually darn impressive.

we were out doing voluntary searches with the search crew for that missing student i talked about the other day along the wabash river in some fields. We were driving over ice fields basically, cuz the river was flooded for a while, then receeded leaving frozen lakes everywhere...well little did i realize they were deeper than we could tell, we figured 6 inches deep max. Well all the sudden my front end fell thru all the flippin way to the parkin lights :shock: another inch or two, water woulda been comin in the cab. Like you said bobblesmitty, it was a wild snow/ice/mud combo...

in the end however the ole crew wiggled its way back out...pictures of the mess in the morning, not to mention i just washed it yesterday :roll:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Mine impress me during/after Katrina. I found out how tough this little truck is as far as pulling goes :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Grunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Grunto »

Haha, I just got done pulling my brothers Honda out of a snowbank just moments ago. It was in pretty good too.
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

:cry: Must be nice Bobble. My trucks been at the dealership since Tuesday night to get the cruise control/oil leaks fixed under the warranty. :twisted: They gave me a POS 4 cyl. Malibu. :twisted:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I haven't towed anyone but it is nice to be able to pass cars that can't drive on snow.
I did do some 360's in work parking lot a couple of weeks ago just to keep in practice.Image
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

damage from the field :wink:

[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Good Work!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Nice :thumb:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Walt wrote:Nice :thumb:

Nice Job! I wish I could have attained a photo of my cc pulling that built up CJ out of a good mudhole that I had already traversed but, I believe Paul/Quickbiker was dead on when he said it is impossible to capture that particular moment rescuing a Heep. Am going to try to bribe my wife to follow me when I am in the Jeep. Maybe an unstaged photo of the event might be documented. Might cost me a bunch because I have alreay asked her to go over a curb :lol: You would have thought it was the Lion's Back or something technical :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

any New Yorkers out there playing in the 100 inches of snow?!?! :lol:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

I was finally able to get some pics. I really need to take my camera along more!!!! I found this little snow pile to test my articulation on while going to my parent's house. ImageImage
I hope the pic. size is OK. I usually don't have much day light left when I get home to take pics./video.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
huntsman2002crew
Regular
Regular

Post by huntsman2002crew »

Hey i like those wheels...what are they
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Centerline Sahara's (15x8, 5.5 bs)
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Nice brush guard 8)
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

two foot drifts SO FAR here today :D

supposed to be 12-14 inches total here b tonight, and its blowing like ALL H*LL!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

purduecrew wrote:two foot drifts SO FAR here today :D

supposed to be 12-14 inches total here b tonight, and its blowing like ALL H*LL!
We miss the brunt of it here.. only about 8" on the ground.. I think.. its hard to tell. There are 1 and 2 foot drifts in the subdivision.

I took the password off my web cam looking out my front window for a while. Have a look see.

I don't want the link "googled" so I'm spacing it out. I think you guys can figure it out.

http://daevans315 DOT serveftp DOT com
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

Hahahaha, watched your neighbor shoveling his driveway!
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

Just got done blowing the driveway. OMG the wind ids something fierce. I wanted to get all the drifts out of the driveway. It is just going to pile back up but the more I get off now the less I will have to do later. Got off work and had to drop a buddy off that walked to work this morning. I pulled on to his unplowed street and he says "Are you gonna be able to get out?" The snow was up 3/4 of my tires. I pulled away and went to go find another street to make some tracks before heading home. What a blast!
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
huntsman2002crew
Regular
Regular

Post by huntsman2002crew »

wqe got an inch...it sucks...i want at least a foot
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

They closed my university for today and tomorrow!!!! We have plenty of snow!!!!!! At least a foot, if not more.
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

We got 2 to 3 this morning, then rain, and now everything is freezing. :shock: Plus we're suppose to get 3 more inches on top of the ice tonight! :!: Might be a fun commute tomorrow, or not!!
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

We are due for 12-24 inches starting sometime tonight with the brunt of it falling tomorrow after dawn. Supposed to be some high winds as well so the next couple of days should be interesting. I'll have to toss my camera in the truck in the morning with the rest of my emergency kit. I tossed an extra 100lbs ( ice melt) in the bed tonight and filled the gas tank. Got to break out my winter coat and boots to toss in the truck just in case.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

well we have ended up with about 15 inches so far. I hit a few snowplow piles/drifts that were half way up the hood :idea:

too much fun! oh and i replaced my power steering pump. they said its worse here tonight than the blizzard of 78!!! i wasnt alive then, but they said the snow is deeper,thats kinda cool.

ok ok, ill go out and get pictures here in a bit and post em up! ive had so much fun wheelin i forgot to take pictures

saw the very first crew cab on campus other than mine today. it was black too, bone stock, had dealer tags on it. he was eyein me and playin around but the stock tires werent makin him too happy :lol: i tried to give stop him and give him the website but no such luck.
[size=75]2003 Black CC
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I just got back in from snow blowing again...we surpassed the 2 foot mark!!! Kinda funny that at the time of my last post, about 5 hours ago, we only had about a foot. It's coming down like crazy. Every school is closed and even the Universities are closed. That rarely happens. And the weather man says that what we've gotten so far is less than what to expect tonight! I wonder how much snow I will wake up to tomorrow!!! It's exciting! :)
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Well, it was 68 here today and cloudy. lol
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

border man wrote:Well, it was 68 here today and cloudy. lol
Dang! Another tough winter for you too? Perhaps we should organize some relief efforts? Perhaps a truckload or two of snow from NY? :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

HenryJ wrote:
border man wrote:Well, it was 68 here today and cloudy. lol
Dang! Another tough winter for you too? Perhaps we should organize some relief efforts? Perhaps a truckload or two of snow from NY? :lol:
Something to keep your beer cold? :roflmao:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]