Speeding tickets anyone?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Speeding tickets anyone?

Post by Walt »

cdnuser wrote:...no accedients. a couple speeding tickets, but nothing serious....
Just curious--where is everyone regarding speeding tickets? I've received quite a few in the last ten years, but have only had one go on my record, and that was about four years ago. With my old job, I had the opportunity to get to know most of the local law enforcement and state troopers, which has really come in handy. Now that I'm living in Alabama, I don't have that luxury.

Anyone else? :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

I got one just this past summer.

Going 125km/hour (I think 77-80mph) in an 80 (50mph). While driving my beat up 96' S10 long box with 2500000kms (155000miles). I told the cop I was surprised it could even reach a 100. He was not impressed when I told him he should recalibrate his gun. LOL.
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Been pulled over upwards of 30 times. 24 times resulting in a ticket. 5 of which made it far enough to get on my record. 2 of those resulted in being arrested, and spending a night in jail.

Nothing in the last 5 years though, and I'm 26 so you can do the math on how bad of a driver I was when I was younger.....Well not really a bad driver, but a fast driver. As much as law enforcement wants you to believe those two are synonymous I see tons of people on a daily basis that are significantly more dangerous than any of the circumstances that resulted in a ticket for my actions.

I'll be more than happy to explain any of the tickets should anyone want to read something resembling a personal narative.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

Only one speeding ticket. A little over a year ago. 55 in a 45 construction zone during rush hour. In a my CRX with no front tag stickers, fart cannon on the rear end and after market wheels. I had owned it 6 days.
In IL construction zone tickets are minimum of a $375 fine. For 10 over it was $475. If I get another construction zone ticket in the next 5(five) years it is $1000 ticket and 6 month lost of license.

I may have gone 15 years without a speeding ticket but when I got it.. I got it.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Three speeding tickets but, none in the last few decades. I guess my most memorable one was doing 120 in a 70 mph zone and that the the Ohio Highway Patrolman was none to pleased when I did pull over. Ohio was using those ridiculous "A" pillar spotlights with a blinking red light on it's reverse side. I was on I-75 between Dayton and Cincy. I saw the light in my rear view mirror and thought it was a 4 way stop flashing light. I didn't think much about it until a few minutes later when I looked back and it wasn't much further away. I slacked off until he caught up and I went to jail. My good buddy drove my Z28 to his house and parked it in a tow away zone. I guess I should have picked up on my luck with water fowl back then :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I was stopped about 2 months ago by a Maryland State Trooper doing 67 in a 45. The road was a long wide open stretch with no one on it but me. The trooper stepped into the road and pointed to the shoulder. When I pulled over I dropped my darkly tinted window and complemented him on how well he hid his car by backing off the road behind the trees. He laughed, thanked me for the complement and wrote me a warning. :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
huntsman2002crew
Regular
Regular

Post by huntsman2002crew »

hey BADs what road were you on?
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

The only time I got pulled over was in a bright orange HHR rental car while my truck was in the dealership for some warranty work. I was doing 88 in a 60 on a stretch of highway at about midnight coming home from Sandusky on I-90. I gave him one of my many F.O.P. cards and got out of the ticket w/ a verbal warning. It sure is nice being great friends with a Lieutenant! The only reason I was cruisin' along at 88 was because I am used to the bumpy/rougher ride of my truck and I know (without looking at the spedometer) how fast I am going. Well the 88 in the HHR felt like 60 in my truck.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

huntsman2002crew wrote:hey BADs what road were you on?

I was on 279 up in Elkton between Rt 40 and 95 heading towards Newark De.

Long stretch of straight road 2 lanes both directions.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
huntsman2002crew
Regular
Regular

Post by huntsman2002crew »

oh i was just wondering...my last ticket was on 97 east ...i was in my old chevelle and that still didnt help me
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I'm heading up 97 on Thursday to go to our Lower Shore office. Everyone does 70mph plus on that road. I like to try to draft the big rigs or travel with a pack of fast moving traffic. They cant get you if your blocked by the cars in front. If I'm doing 70 plus and someone drafts me I will slide over a lane and let them by. Then I know when I get there the cop will be busy writing him a ticket when I fly by. :lol: