The Christmas Spirit

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

The Christmas Spirit

Post by HenryJ »

We have a "Happy Holiday thread" and a "Bah Humbug thread" I would like one that inspires the Christmas Spirit in everyone. Ok , at least some of us. :?

I have been thinking of a way to do this. I am going to be exempt from this and will offer a prize to the winner. I am not totally sure what the reward will be. It could be just the bragging rights of the membership here and a S-10CREWCAB.COM sticker.

I am not sure what it will take to win. I have all kinds of ideas. We have very creative people here, and maybe it will be something simple. What about dressing up the truck for a Christmas photo? Perhaps it is just cuddling by the fire and enjoying a cup of something hot with someone you love? Maybe you spent Christmas eve serving dinner at the homeless shelter? Or stuck in a snow bank and missed Christmas dinner?

Post the story, paint the picture , inspire us all. This needs to be something with which you are directly related. I really don't know what will come of this if anything. I may even add a poll.

I want to be able to say: " Insert your name here , from the crew cab forum, really did something really neat for Christmas. They insert story here."

This will all end the day after Christmas. Enjoy the holiday and bring us a story to inspire the Christmas Spirit in us all.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Last year I did this really cool thing for my wife for Christmas. She had theese three rings that were broken that she had for years. One she got from her parents when she was like thirteen and it had a missing stone, she had another one she got from her parents when she was eighteen and the band was broken, another I had bought for her years ago that was a cross made from diamonds, a couple of the diamonds had fallen out. She had them kept away in a box in her dresser

So what I did was sneak into her dresser and get the rings and take them to a jewler without her knowing. I had them all fixed to the way they were brand new. I bought her a new jewlery box and put the rings inside and then boxed it back up and wrapped it along with some other things I new she wanted for Christmas.

So Christmas morning came and I told her lets open our presents for each other and she said "let's wait for all the kids to get here" and I said "oh come on we don't need the kids here, lets just open ours together it will be fun, we have never done that before" so she agreed and I opened mine first and then it was her turn. I had her open all her other packages first and made sure the jewelry box was last.

When it came time to open the jewelry box, she unwrapped it , took it out of the box, then started opening the doors and drawers of the jewelry box, she then saw the rings, she took them in her hand and just stared at them. She then looked at me and just started weeping, tears of joy running down her face and then I got a little teary eyed also, she said that this was the best Christmas ever!

That's what Christmas is all about :D
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Steve's tale already made me "tear up"! I think I'll stay away from the contest and thread. Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!!!

Reed
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Steve2003 wrote:...That's what Christmas is all about :D
Yes it is! A fantastic start! :mg:

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Whoa! I thought I posted to this thread :!:

I am sad that there was only one to post.

Steve2003, you win! There is no second place :? Stop by the S-10CREWCAB.COM Store Choose anything you like. Let me know what it is , a size if applicable , and a shipping address to send it. I will place the order and have it sent to you.

The sweatshirt is very nice. I have had mine for quite a while now as well as a few sleeveless T-shirts. It is your choice from any of the items.

Thank you for providing the only Christmas Spirit in this house of Grinch :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Congrats, Steve :cheers:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

HenryJ wrote: Thank you for providing the only Christmas Spirit in this house of Grinch :lol:
I don't think this is the house of Grinch, I just think a lot of people have lost their Christmas spirit. Christmas is very important to me and my family. You see, I grew up in a family who was a member of a cult like religion and did not believe in Christmas. I never had birthdays or Christmas and it always made me feel different than everyone else.

When I was sixteen years old my mother left the cult and told my father if he didn't leave she was leaving him, and presto chango I had my first Christmas at sixteen years old. Wow, I felt like a real American, it was awesome. From that day forward I told myself that Christmas was going to be very special to my family and it has been ever since.

Fortunetly times have been good for me and my wife and we have been able to provide our children with great Christmas's. We have started certain traditions in our family that are now being passed down to our childrens children. For example, we make a big deal out of their stockings and they just love it. We buy all kinds of different little stocking stuffers and wrap them individually and put them in their stockings. The kids race to see who can open all their stocking stuffers the fastest, man you should see the paper fly! They love it, they say its like a whole second Christmas.

Thanks HJ for starting this thread, I hope people can re-gain the spirit of Christmas. I think it's not just about buying something for someone but about bringing joy to people's hearts.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

And I thought I was the poster boy for a dysfunctional family :lol: Congrats again Steve and Marsha!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Steve2003, Your selection is on the way! Post a picture if you get a chance :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

f9k9 wrote:Steve's tale already made me "tear up"! I think I'll stay away from the contest and thread. Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!!!

Reed
I think Reed nailed it. I know Brule told me to post the story of my daughter running around Christmas eve due to the Santa tracker, but had decided to stay completely away due to Steve's story.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:!: You might have made an easy second place win :D

Maybe next year :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

HenryJ wrote:Steve2003, Your selection is on the way! Post a picture if you get a chance :thumb:
Thanks, will do. :D
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

I've been running around like crazy since a week or two before Christmas, but here's what we did for Rachael's parents for Christmas:

Rachael (my fiancee) is turning 21 this year, her brother Stevie, is turning 19. Her mom and dad are the most involved parents i've ever known... a VERY tight family.

Well, Rachael and I live an hour and a half away from them, and Stevie is going to college next year. So, needless to say, they're getting a little bummed out about the kids not being around as much.

They have a whole stack of VHS tapes of the kids growing up, from swimming lessons to baseball to hockey to running in puddles, you name it. It's like a documentary on their lives.

So, we bought a video input card for my computer, borrowed a VCR from a friend, and imported 14+ hours of home videos onto the computer in digital format.

Then, we took clips from pretty much every event they had on tape, all the funny or cute parts, and made an hour long movie of them. In the background we had different songs playing here and there, like "Forever Young", "Lean on Me", "Another Day in Paradise", etc.

We then took every video that they had and organized them chronologically and wrote down what everything was. We burned them onto 11 DVD's, which we'd made covers for the DVD cases that had what was on each DVD, running time, etc.

Needless to say, they both got a little weepy, you could tell they didnt' want to cry in front of the kids, but they said it was by far the best Christmas present ever.
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You gave them a priceless gift that will forever be cherished. Another good job!
Griff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Griff »

I never really had an opportunity to post since I was on vacation starting on the 21st and didn't return to work until 1st, and I didn't have much time to even read threads let alone post up a story.

Sorry. :(
[size=75][url=http://www.zr2usa.com/members.php?id=974]"Maxine"[/url]- K&N FIPK, Gibson Cat-Back, Knaffle Shackles and Receivers, Optima Red Top, Knaffle Sliders, etc.

I break at least 2 Federal Laws per day.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Maybe I'll try this again next year :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

We went over the hills and through the snow this year. We drove three hours through a snow storm to arrive in the dark. Several slide offs, none bad or ours.
Christmas Day on our way home:
That was from the driveway at the ranch.
Image Image

A good dose of snow sure does help the spirit.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Nice pics! My parrents went to Oregon this year for Christmas(my sister lives in the Portland area) and my Mom called me today crying(she's 77 years old) and told me it was snowing and that she had never had a white Christmas before. I could here my father shouting in the back ground "it's snowing! it's snowing!" I was so happy for them. Some of you don't how awesome a white Christmas is for us Socal folks.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Any takers this year?

- ThunderII KE7CSK