Chevy cobalt issue

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Chevy cobalt issue

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Hey guys I know this is our crew cab forum but i had a quik ? for you car gurus. My wife just bought a new cobalt in the summer and it only has 12000 kms on it. Anyway way the other day she was driving and when she accelerated it lost power turned off. the lights went off and every thing. when she turned it back on it kept loosing power and stalling. we took it to the dealer and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it. so we took it home today and sure enough its doing the same thing. They said it didnt show any codes or anything. any thoughts on what could cause the car to loose power and turn off? im taking it back again tomorrow but if someone has had similar issues i could at least have something to go on even if its on another car.

thanks guys
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

I was made by Chevy.......
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Battery cable? Security system?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

my CC was doing the same thing thrusday, I had a loose battery cable. Since I tightened it back up, I haven't had any problems
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i will check those brule thanks. yah i know fricking chevy! just sucks because you put your money into the american car and get screwed.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Well you could be screwed monthly by your insurance company who charges you more for buying an import.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Check cables first, then have the battery tested, maybe the alternator too. Any lights come on just before it dies?
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

all the lights went out and didnt come back on for a bit untill we restarted.

so i have found some info on this aswell just for the update. It seems that the ignition coil fails aswell as the ignition its self. over time your key gets stuck and everything. well this is crappy news for my cobalt but ohwell thats the beaks i just hope to god it doesnt die in traffic again because she was going like 60 on the highway when it happend! hopefully this becomes i recall by gm i found the info on cobaltss.com thanks for the input guys