Protecting Distributers from Moisture

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Protecting Distributers from Moisture

Post by F9K9 »

I thought I had seen almost everything when it came to waterproofing a distributer until my outing with the Hazard, KY Jeep guys. Before we left from our meeting location one guy kept asking for a diaper. He found one and wrapped it around his distributer and secured it with nylon cable tiesImage

ImageImage

The way the spark plug wires are routed drives me crazy.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Diapers might be appropriate for the mess under that hood. The lack of organization doesn't impress me.

For some reason the phrase "You might be a Redneck if..." comes to mind.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
mattfu
Crew
Crew

Post by mattfu »

he looks like a big boy, might need henryj's front bumper step mod to reach into that bird's nest of cables
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Can't agree more, Brule. He was late for the meeting, required the most towing and the only one that broke down (like clork work). He is also the one that I towed out of the first mudhole that I had already traversed. I just thought that the diaper tale was humorous and wondered if anyone else had similar mods for combatting the elements. :lol:
mattfu wrote:he looks like a big boy.......................
Actually he was on the short side :wink: After a few mudholes he decided to come over and ask me what I thought of the "ride" so far.

I responded with "When are we going wheelin'?" :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]