Trail-Gear Inc.

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Trail-Gear Inc.

Post by HenryJ »

I just had a good experience with Trail-Gear Inc.
It is kind of a long story, but I'll do my best to condense it.
I found out that there are double wide self inflating sleeping pads available. We have been using singles and eliminating that gap between us would be nice.
I happened across a post about sleeping pads and found Trail-Gear Inc. to have an outstanding price. I ordered a double wide pad. It arrived quickly, but was the wrong one :( They sent a single.
I tried several times to contact them via email to no avail.
I though I was going to have to resort to calling them "on my dime" , as they have no toll free number. I took another look at their site and noticed that they have a Trail-Gear Inc. forum.

GOOD NEWS!

Customer service is alive and well. I did not have to resort to calling them "on my dime" :thumb:

I made contact through the Trail-Gear Inc. forum. It turns out that my service provider may have been filtering the email responses as unsolicited and rejecting them? They finally tried another email account and were able to get through. It did still go to my graymail, but I was able to receive it.

The solution:
John Robertson wrote:Sr. we shipped the correct pad today, keep the other and enjoy.

That sure is an outstanding solution to the situation IMO. :rock:

In retrospect I will be making some changes, and have suggested they make one as well.
I will be using a different email address for correspondence dealing with purchases. Yahoo, Gmail , or another expendable account may be a better choice as they are less likely to reject email.
I have also suggested that they link their forum to the list of customer service contacts. It really was a good way to make contact. Thank you goes out to Chris Geiger for his response in the forum and the rest of the Trail-Gear Inc. crew. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

EDIT: The correct double pad arrived today and with a suprise! Another single pad! That was a very fast response! Less than 48 hours from the time I sent an email to the correct item arriving at my door :thumb: and with extras for my trouble. I wish everyone treated customers like this :bow:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

That's great to hear about a company that cares enough to please their customers and earn their return business.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You are correct. Too bad we are suprised when treated really well.

If I am not mistaken there is a pleasant bonus too. Their advertising features a familiar "Formula Toy"
I believe they sponsor Hobie's (a2b) rock crawler!

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

WOW, thats AWSOME service.

I will definatly be keeping them in mind when I go to look for stuff, heck I'm off to their site right now just to see what type of stuff they carry.

You know what the best thing about this is? Because of the fact that they were willing to part with a could single sleepers (for what, just a few bucks), they made a customer quite happy, happy enough to post his excelent service in a place where it will get seen by many. Couple bucks out of their pocket and a GREAT shot of advertising, and person testimonial from a trusted souce at that.

Guess they made the right decision with the right person.

Now if every store would just figure that out.
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Snoman002 wrote:...they made a customer quite happy, happy enough to post his excelent service in a place where it will get seen by many...Now if every store would just figure that out.
Amen.
I frequent more than a couple 4x4 forums and have posted my satisfaction there as well.
The product is good , and the service excellent. They will prosper for sure!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Trail-Gear Inc.

Post by gocntry »

HenryJ wrote:I will be using a different email address for correspondence dealing with purchases. Yahoo, Gmail , or another expendable account may be a better choice as they are less likely to reject email.

I Have 100 Gmail Invites..... If Anybody Here Wants One You Can Post Or PM Me Your E-mail Address And I'll Be Glad To Send One To You.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

oh man. brule, you should of just called me. those guys are my personal friends. did you mention my name??? you will get the VIP treatment if you tell them you are my friend. and they do have good customer service.

btw, i just slept on that matt for 3 days and it was very comfortable. i was quite surprised on how confortable their matts were.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

a2b wrote:...did you mention my name?
I did not.
That goes to show that they treat even an unknown as king. :thumb:

I think you are hooked up with a pretty good bunch there Hobie!

BTW, It was a nice bonus to see your Toy on the flyer in the box. I really didn't make the connection with the name before I placed the order.

- ThunderII KE7CSK