Jeggers' New Ride (Pics)

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Jeggers' New Ride (Pics)

Post by jeggers »

Jeggers, feel free to edit this post to your liking. Nice ride! :thumb: -W
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Nice truck Joe....I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a Avalanche :D but the trick is I keep the crew and we trade in her XL-7.....I need something with more power to pull my boat :wink:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Steve2003 wrote:Nice truck Joe....I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a Avalanche :D but the trick is I keep the crew and we trade in her XL-7.....I need something with more power to pull my boat :wink:
Now that is a smart man! :thumb:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Steve2003 wrote:Nice truck Joe....I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a Avalanche :D but the trick is I keep the crew and we trade in her XL-7.....I need something with more power to pull my boat :wink:
Oh no, we have another difference in thinking :lol:

I understand that the Avalanches have their following and I have absolutely nothing to back up my thoughts but, all that plastic over sheet metal (in non S CA environments) just begs rust to attack from my way of thinking. It is just an observation and I have never seen one attacked by rust but, I guess I am just showing my age.

Jeggers rig is sweet but, begging for money devouring mods

:lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The new 07 Avalanches don't have as much plastic on them and I think they look a lot better the the previous model! :D The thought of getting one has crossed my mind a couple of times, but then I wake up and remember how much they cost. :shock: The one I want would be a Black LTZ 1LZ 4x4 with most of the available options. This would cost $46,800 which is way too much for me right now! :(

BTW, nice truck Jeggers! :thumb:

Steve
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Nice truck. :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

killian96ss wrote:The new 07 Avalanches don't have as much plastic on them and I think they look a lot better the the previous model! :D The thought of getting one has crossed my mind a couple of times, but then I wake up and remember how much they cost. :shock: The one I want would be a Black LTZ 1LZ 4x4 with most of the available options. This would cost $46,800 which is way too much for me right now! :(

BTW, nice truck Jeggers! :thumb:

Steve
Steve is right, there are three exterior option packages: The full plastic side molding that came on the original Avalanche models (don't know if this will be available for '07), standard Fender Flares similar to a Silverado, and No Fender Flares, like a Silverado without Flares. :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

:clap: And yet ANOTHER goes full size!

Don't get me wrong, though!!! I still have an eye for the S-10 Crew Cab. I have very fond memories of mine and admittedly get kinda "gitty" when I see it on the road. But I wouldn't go back to one after now owning a full size crew.

Cool truck, Jeggers! Congrats!
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

thanks guys,

I have no plans to mod up this truck! Not that there is anything wrong with mods. I bought it for pulling my camper and weekend driveing so i realy dont want to drop a hole lot of cash into it. mmmmmmm, well maybe a spray in bed liner and a camper cap and it needs a dvd for my daughter and there are some leveing kits out there and then maybe a 2" block in the backand well here we go again.... :idea:

as far as tha avalanch goes i liked the plastic , and some without that i have seen with some aftermarket flares that were the riveted style. Now the 07 is just sweet but no rebates or anything so i always go with the bust deal. 8)
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

it now sits for sale $21999

mmmm not exactly what i got for it :twisted:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

jeggers wrote:Image

it now sits for sale $21999

mmmm not exactly what i got for it :twisted:
Wow, it sure does look nice! :shock:

How many miles did it have on it , and how much are they making off your old CC? :(

Steve
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Best picture of your crew you ever posted! That's one BAD A$$ truck

[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

Nice rig Jeggers,

What is the difference with the "Max"?

Here are Internet links to some spy photos out on the web of the new Z71 due out sometime in the next couple of months. From what I have been told the Avalanche is supposed to be more like this in Z71 form. Notice the bumpers are going to be more traditional. I think it looks like Colorado's big brother:

[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

I don't like the Z71. Those fender bulges are way out there, kinda looks like a dakota from the side :puke:

What's up with the hood???? GM workmanship?? or did they unlatch it. I believe the same thing happened in the spy shot of the Tahoe that someone posted.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I think we've seen this pic on the forum before... In the article they mention that the hood is popped open.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

Best picture of your crew you ever posted! That's one BAD A$$ truck
Thanks Steve :D , I was sad to see it go.

Vortec Max 6.0L V8 Engine Features:

Thundering 345 horsepower @ 5200 rpm
HEMI-beating 380 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4000 rpm(1)
More horsepower than Ford, Toyota, and Nissan half-ton pickups(1)
Deep inside the combustion chamber of Vortec engines, a ferocious vortex is created to generate a better fuel-to-air mixture
A high-capacity cast-iron crankshaft with undercut and rolled fillets. And to help reduce stress, the crankshaft is internally balanced
High-flow cast-aluminum cylinder heads that feature a low-friction roller-rocker valvetrain
Electronic Throttle Control to help achieve optimum vehicle performance and efficiency
A Powertrain Control Module that continuously measures input to achieve optimized engine performance and smooth transmission shifts
Coil-near-plug ignition system for a precise delivery of high-energy spark
Based on 2006 competitive information :shock: :schwing:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

I was just on the chevy wed site and it doesnt look like the max package is an option any more :?

I gues the 14 and 17 mpg did away with it. :cry: well i was only getting 13 avg in my crew.

They gave me 18000 for it .
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

Don't feel too bad, we just traded the Yukon ( '02 loaded w/41k mi) on a Land Rover LR3( what she wanted) and only got $ 16k :( . But she made me a deal that in 2 yrs when I pay off the Harley I can buy another TRUCK!
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:bonk: ouch
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd