Yea... it's a Ford

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Yea... it's a Ford

Post by BobbleSmitty »

No, I didn't trade in my CC but a while back I think I may have posted some pics of the truck my cousin and I were going to build. Back in October, we picked up a 1952 Ford F100. Since then, on weekends or free nights, we devoted a few hours here and there to working on the truck. From the start we decided that it wouldn't be for show, just for doing burnouts and well, doing more burnouts!! We definately achieved that goal for sure!! We took the entire truck apart down to the frame. We used POR-15 on the frame to give it the powdercoat finish. We flat blacked all of the body. Dropped the flat 8 out and put in a 390 c.i. 4 barrel engine and hooked up some NOS!! Attached to the engine is a C6 3 speed automatic transmission. We had the drive shaft shortened and balanced to work with our new setup. We got new brakes all around and all new electrical (converted it over to a 12 volt seeing it was a 6 volt back then). We got Firebird bucket seats and some seatbelts :) We're not completely done with it quite yet, but it is fairly street legal now!

And yes, we did accomplish our goal. It does the sickest burnouts!! It will burn the tires until you let off the gas :) Here are some before and after shots of the project.

-Bob
Last edited by BobbleSmitty on Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb: I like!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I hope you kept the original equipment ! , and that it can be returned to stock if you want to . Trust me , one day you will want it in its original form .
Nice truck though , were are the burnout pics .?
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks like fun.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

I read somewhere, maybe a bumper sticker, anyone can restore a classic car but it takes a real man to cut one up! Sweet truck and where's the burnout pics???
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I'll try to get some today!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

RickZRX
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RickZRX »

I have a '70 Ranchero with a 351C in it, found a "parts donor" with bucket seats for $200 & sold the streering column & center console for $190 so I'm into it for $10...
It turned out to be a 429 GT..... & yes, it came with most of the engiine....& a 9in locker rearend :)
[size=75]Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

BobbleSmitty wrote:How's this for a burnout!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0950 ... 77c9d4.htm
Guess you were planning on getting new tires. :lol:
I wonder how long it would take for them to catch fire.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

We've got about 8 more tires stacked in the back to put on still! We just installed line locks tonight so we don't have to use a brick to keep it in place! As for them catching fire, I bet it wouldn't be much longer than what we did, the rubber on the ground was smoking for quite a while afterwards!
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

that's what i'm talking about 8) sweeeeeet :D
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Christening the new shop!! We got a 2000 square foot garage!

snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Nice video 8) but you can't put bleach under the tires :lol: :poke:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

There was no bleach, water or anything, that's straight up rubber on concrete. That video from streetfire was choppy and bad quality, I uploaded it to my photobucket... It's a little clearer here.

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/ ... t=burn.flv