Mods for Mrs. Hoff's Cavalier

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Mods for Mrs. Hoff's Cavalier

Post by F9K9 »

Mrs Hoff is getting MOD FEVERImage

I've already added graphics (the color and pattern was her choice not, mine :shock: ), front and rear glass graphics, 14" wheels (size was her choice), darkest legal tint, and speaker/head unit upgrade.

I need some ideas for exterior mods. A hood is not out of the question but, I would rather not. It is a 2003 two door base model with cruise, PS, PB and AT and nothing else.

HELP A BROTHER OUT! :pray:

In case the the front tag has you wondering, she is a BADGE BUNNY! or a law enforcement groupee :lol: She collects NYPD stuff!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hood would be up to the top of the list on mine. Power antenna. Driving lights. Blue bowtie to match the graphics. Color match the mirrors or add some custom sport mirrors. Tint the light covers. Rear window louvers.

Just some ideas.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

you could put fog lights in the holes on the bumper below the head lights!!! have you added silverstars yet??
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Hood would be up to the top of the list on mine. Power antenna. Driving lights. Blue bowtie to match the graphics. Color match the mirrors or add some custom sport mirrors. Tint the light covers. Rear window louvers.

Just some ideas
The hood appears to be a "no go" unless you do glass or carbon fiber. Not a whole lot available for '03 and later. She nixed the antenna and wanted you to know that her graphics are purple not blue (I know..........I know, looks blue to me too) :lol: No luck on the Rear window louvers either. Mirrors, bowtie and lens tint are good ideas.

Top, she's running the GE NightHawks which, BTW gives the silverstars a run for their money.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

i see on the nighthawks.

what about a sunroof??????(may be going tooo far with this one)
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

top_sgt wrote:what about a sunroof??????(may be going tooo far with this one)
I was initially excited with the sunroof idea but, she has had bad luck with them and nixed that too! This, I know..........no ground affects, flares, wheels, power "anything". The tuner tail light options are nixed for '03 and later, due to costs.

Aux lights are out because an extra switch is to much to remember. This is the same woman that took her car into the shop to have her dash lights fixed when they were not visible after dark, the owner rolled the dimmer from off to high for her :bonk:
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

How about a cold air intake and exhaust?? Supercharger?? HPP3?? Like HJ said, color match the mirrors and maybe even the door handles.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

thats a nice house across the street
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I have an article in one of my truckin magazines about a Cavalier with a 502 c.i. big block in it. That would be an awesome mod!!!
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

jeff024 wrote:thats a nice house across the street
I know, that is the "In-Law's" place. Mrs. Hoff is an only child and it will be ours as soon as the last one croaks, it'll be "mod Heavon". Garage even has running water and a drainImage
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

not sure Id wanna live across the street from my in-laws . they had talked about buying a house at the top of the hill from me and I told my wife if they do im moving.
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

RK Sport has some stuff for the 03-05 Cavaliers. :D

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I know you said ground effects were out of the question, but I'd look at a different valance for the front and rear. Something a little less soft. I don't know if any of the newest Cobalt parts will fit, but some of those look really sporty. :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

remove the hood graffics and have "purple" or blue flames cut into the tint, also with the fog lamps, hard wire them into the headlamps, not hard at all and works fine, (done it before) shave all the badging, i know the problem you are running into with aftermarket stuff, i had an 03 sunfire, nothing for it either, so if she is against power, or bodykit, then you have pretty much covered all grounds, maybe get her some pretty blue, err i mean purple Underglow, or purple headlight lights, little lamps that go into the headlamp and tint it purple, not the beam, just the lamp when the parking lights are on, there are all kinds of little light things Neon that you can put everywhere, only problem is you cant hard wire that stuff for legal reasons, so to answer you,,,,,,,,, ?????
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

jeff024 wrote:not sure Id wanna live across the street from my in-laws . they had talked about buying a house at the top of the hill from me and I told my wife if they do im moving.
I was joking :lol:

The guy that lives there rebuilds totaled Mustangs and Ford PUs
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:)
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Reed, I had another thought about the car as far as exterior mods go. I think some ZQ8 or Xtreme wheels would look excellent on the Cavalier. :)

The ZQ8's are 16's, and the Xtremes are 17's.

ZQ8 - 1

ZQ8 - 2

Xtreme

Personally I think the Extreme wheel looks the best. :)
--Walt
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Just FYI, the Xtreme and the ZQ8 trucks use the same 16x8 wheels. :D :D Also the above picture is of the "new style" Xtreme wheels, there are some "early style" Xtreme wheels still floating around, that are simply grey in the middle instead of polished. I ditched my old style Xtreme wheels in favor of thin spoke C5's in 17x9.5" size early this year.

In other thoughts, PLEASE don't paint the mirrors to match anythign but the body color. Color "matched" accent mirrors look terrible.

Have you considered a drop? Amazing how that will change the appearance, and function of a vehicle. Also, scrape those crappy door ding strips off there, and debadge the entire car while your at it. Have you thought of getting the rear center set of lights painted body color? What about the door handles? Take apart the lights, and paint the black body color? Theres ALOT that can be done to clean up, and sleeken the appearance of that car.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

2kwik4u wrote:Just FYI, the Xtreme and the ZQ8 trucks use the same 16x8 wheels. :D :D Also the above picture is of the "new style" Xtreme wheels, there are some "early style" Xtreme wheels still floating around, that are simply grey in the middle instead of polished. I ditched my old style Xtreme wheels in favor of thin spoke C5's in 17x9.5" size early this year.
I stand corrected :)
2kwik4u wrote: Have you considered a drop? Amazing how that will change the appearance, and function of a vehicle.
I was thinking that with larger diameter wheels, that the car would look good without a drop, since the larger wheels and tires would fill in some of the fender space. I guess I'll have to photochop one and see how it looks. :)
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I had wanted to upgrade the tire/wheels but she nixed the upgrade in size. Getting some good used Z24 wheels was my thoughts. They are 16s. Debadging was in my thoughts but the door ding strip will have to stay. Where she works at is murder on a vehicle. I didn't have a door ding one in my 5 yr old ZR2 until she drove it to work a couple of weeks. Then I started to dread washing it for all the new damage I would find.

Mirrors is a sore subject with me. For some reason they are mail box magnets to her. I've replaced the passenger's side 2x :x
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

A cool mod, that would eliminate the mirrors catching things would be to get rid of the mirrors, and install cameras/monitors in the interior. :) A bit on the $$ side though :)
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Walt wrote:A cool mod, that would eliminate the mirrors catching things would be to get rid of the mirrors, and install cameras/monitors in the interior. :) A bit on the $$ side though :)

Walt, great idea but, this is a base model Cavalier that has manual windows. This is also the same woman that took her car to the shop when she didn't have any instrument lamps after dark and the service manager showed her the dimming switch :wink:

We don't need to add confusion here. If, she refuses to allow me to adjust her mirrors to assist her backing up because she advised me "Oh, I don't use those", she is not gonna use monitors :lol:

I am not exaggerating either. I have a ton of stories that are almost unbelievable! How this woman could be a godsend in the ER and manage to get home. from work, is still baffling me after 4 years :lol:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
--Walt
crew cab sonoma
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by crew cab sonoma »

you should sit her down, and have a long talk with her about those graphics.... :wink:
[size=75]Lee

01 Sonoma Crew Cab 2.21 60ft. 10.24 @ 66.5 mph (1/8mi.)(SOLD)
00 Sonoma Ext. Cab 4WD. front axle removed, Torsen diff. W4M pcm. 2.10 60ft. 9.64 @ 71.0 mph (1/8 mi.)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

crew cab sonoma wrote:you should sit her down, and have a long talk with her about those graphics.... :wink:
How about I provide you with gas money and/or a ph # and I sit back and watch or listen in?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

crew cab sonoma wrote:you should sit her down, and have a long talk with her about those graphics.... :wink:
I gotta agree here
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

jeff024 wrote:

I gotta agree here

Will you please stop preaching to the choir :bonk:

Give me some "geewhiz" suggestions (with a link) and I will yank them :D
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Some ideas for ya! :D

Image Image

Image Image

I found all of these @ J Body Performance. :D

Reed, what did you do when you wanted to mod your Crew Cab? :idea: My point is check out some of the J-Body & Cavalier forums & sites and I think you will get some real good ideas. :D You could also have Mrs Hoff check out some of these sites so you can get a better idea of what she really wants to do with her Cavalier. :wink:

Steve
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Or, you could just build her a 12 second Cavalier like this one! 8)

With this turbo package she could get to and from the ER in a real hurry if needed! :lol:

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

killian96ss wrote:Some ideas for ya! :D

Image Image

Image Image

I found all of these @ J Body Performance. :D

Reed, what did you do when you wanted to mod your Crew Cab? :idea: My point is check out some of the J-Body & Cavalier forums & sites and I think you will get some real good ideas. :D You could also have Mrs Hoff check out some of these sites so you can get a better idea of what she really wants to do with her Cavalier. :wink:

Steve
Steve, you read my mind on the ground effects :) IMO, those make the car look meaner. More like a performance car.
--Walt
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Walt wrote:Steve, you read my mind on the ground effects :) IMO, those make the car look meaner. More like a performance car.
It really does make the car look a lot better! :D

A good body kit combined with the turbo package would make Mrs Hoff unstoppable! :wink:

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

OK, OK, I'll have her revisit the topic. I was all for the ground effects in the first place :lol:

Just hope she doesn't like this color...........