They sold the crew cab

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

They sold the crew cab

Post by AZS10Crew »

The new owner of my truck took delivery of it yesterday. Some crazy old man bought it. It took me about fifteen minutes to explain everything about the truck to the old guy because no one at the dealership knew anything about it. The guy that bought it actually asked if he could take the topper off his F-150 and make it fit on the S-10 :roll: The topper was gold by the way...and his F-150 was burgundy. :shock: Like I said...crazy old man. At least he lives in the same town as me and comes in for service all the time so I can still see it occasionally. It will probably come in for the first oil change with a purple topper on it. :oops:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Probably doesn't belive in 'puters and has no idea what a dub-dub-dub would be :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

HenryJ wrote:Probably doesn't belive in 'puters and has no idea what a dub-dub-dub would be :lol:
Hopefully not because when he asked if I'd every been offroading I said only a couple camping trips up some dirt roads. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

He'll have stock wheels on it, and he'll remove as many mods as possible :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

AZS10Crew wrote:when he asked if I'd every been offroading I said only a couple camping trips up some dirt roads. :mrgreen:
:shock: :roflmao:

Steve
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I bet he comes up with a way to install the F-150 topper. A few 2x4s and some nails an your done. I saw one on a Chevy Impala B4. Looked nice :lmao:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

BADs Crew wrote:I bet he comes up with a way to install the F-150 topper. A few 2x4s and some nails an your done. I saw one on a Chevy Impala B4. Looked nice :lmao:
Funny you mention that because my manager told me boards were brought up in the topper conversation. :shock: :roll:
[size=75]Mark
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I hope you keep a cam with you. That picture would be priceless. :lol: :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I know life moves on AZS10Crew but, your crew gave me the original bug to "mod" :lol:

S-10CrewCab was basically my first forum and once I saw your crew, I went berserk.

It almost terrifies me that my '97 ZR-2 was paid off for years and I was oblivious to forums. Glad my ZR-2 was gone when I discovered "mods" :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

The worst think for me is that the .....geezer..... wanted the pre-runner and lights I was trying to get through the classified section. So you can bet you will see that topper on a trail near you with all lights blazing.Image
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i wish i could see mine now.

i heard that they torched off the sliders and put hub caps on the black rock crawlers :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

04crewvt wrote:The worst think for me is that the .....geezer..... wanted the pre-runner and lights I was trying to get through the classified section. So you can bet you will see that topper on a trail near you with all lights blazing.Image
Yeah...I still feel bad about that. The dude that bought it is weird though. They gave him the black rims and MTR's after putting the stock rims and a new set of tires on the truck. I should have just told them I'd keep everything off of it, but then they probably would not have given me wholesale blue book for it...oh well. :shrug: At least part of the blame lies with our used car manager though. When I traded it in he asked me for stock wheels, had the prerunner bar taken off, and even asked how hard it would be to remove the body lift. Then after everyone that looked at it asked about the light bar and black wheels, he had them put back on. Oh well...can't expect a Ford guy to know what's cool about Chevy's.
[size=75]Mark
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

f9k9 wrote:I know life moves on AZS10Crew but, your crew gave me the original bug to "mod" :lol:
Glad I could help you empty your wallet a little. :mrgreen:

It's already started on the Ram too. Window ventshades, Ram logo light up hitch cover, Volant intake, and exhaust cutout (which sounds AWESOME by the way...way better than on the S-10 :mrgreen: ).
[size=75]Mark
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

AZS10Crew wrote:
f9k9 wrote:I know life moves on AZS10Crew but, your crew gave me the original bug to "mod" :lol:
Glad I could help you empty your wallet a little. :mrgreen:
Let's NOT EVEN go there :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yeah...I still feel bad about that. The dude that bought it is weird though. They gave him the black rims and MTR's after putting the stock rims and a new set of tires on the truck. I should have just told them I'd keep everything off of it, but then they probably would not have given me wholesale blue book for it...oh well. :shrug: At least part of the blame lies with our used car manager though. When I traded it in he asked me for stock wheels, had the prerunner bar taken off, and even asked how hard it would be to remove the body lift. Then after everyone that looked at it asked about the light bar and black wheels, he had them put back on. Oh well...can't expect a Ford guy to know what's cool about Chevy's.
Hey no problems here, just means that particular mod wasn't the right one at this time. Image
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Was browsing, I found this thread down the page a bit. Mark, have you seen the new owner or the truck latelly? :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

a2b wrote:i wish i could see mine now.

i heard that they torched off the sliders and put hub caps on the black rock crawlers :lol:
Sliders and prerunner bar are gone, but he's ditched the hubcaps. Saw it last week - same old guy still driving it - saw it pulling a nice 55 Chevy on a flatbed around town the other day.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Walt wrote:Was browsing, I found this thread down the page a bit. Mark, have you seen the new owner or the truck latelly? :)
Not in the last month or so. He was in for a free car wash and still has yet to unroll the tonneau cover and snap it in place after we loaded the MTR's in the back when he bought it. He commented about the small amount of wood he can load in the back. No kidding...the bed's only 3.5' long! :roll:
[size=75]Mark