Zr2.com offline permanently

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Zr2.com offline permanently

Post by Walt »

[Zr2.com Logo]

is going off-line permanently

In a few seconds, you will be redirected to the #1 on-line source for RPO ZR2 information

www.zr2usa.com

At zr2usa.com, registration is required for full access. Check out the site for details.

What is going on over there? :P
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

idk, that is weird

I bet somebody hacked it and put up that banner thing.....

:x
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Nope Wasnt Hacked It's True....

There Is A Thread About This On Zr2usa.com

Zr2USA Thread
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I'm not knocking anyone, but it doesn't seem like a very nice way of doing things....just drop the site all of a sudden :P
--Walt
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

the person that wrote the rules on that site is gay!

i have been a member of that site for 5 years. its how i keep in touch with all my az and socal friends. i am on it at least 3 times a week. now i have no way to reach them because there is no west section and you have to own a zr2 just to register. how dumb is that specific person who wrote that rule :?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

They changed the rules on Zr2usa.com so that you don't have to have a Zr2 anymore.
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I thought that you had to pay a fee to join or something like that.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I think that may be one of the other Zr2 sites....
--Walt
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

that definetly sucks , there was a lot of Great info on that site , That is NOT on zr2usa site .

Atleast they changed the rule about having to own a Zr2 to post though .

I wish that they would have gave us some warning so that people could get some info off the site if they wanted it for there records .

Sucks big time .

EDIT: , I just went to Registar at zr2usa.com , and it still says that I need to send a photo of my ZR2 to become a member ?
What's up ?
Last edited by Blaze One on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Yea.... I was right in the middle of possibly getting a pair of black KC's from someone....now I'll have to post on Zr2usa.com and hope he finds my post.
--Walt
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I still think you need to send pic of your ZR2 to get a account on the site .
I just tryed to registar and no luck .
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

http://66.221.218.45/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
This will get you in to the backdoor of the old site for now at least. This was posted in the zr2usa site thread form above.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

wamason wrote:They changed the rules on Zr2usa.com so that you don't have to have a Zr2 anymore.
ZR2USA.com wrote:So can you join?

I hope so!!! You just need to be a Proud American or Canadian that owns a ZR2. A REAL ZR2 that is- not a Chevy Tracker with a ZR2 sticker on it... oh- you will also need to have at least one pic of your ZR2 (no exceptions). Be sure that you really do own a ZR2, or else the ACCESS ("Ass Clown Community Exterminating Seek and Search") team will snuff you out and kill you until you are dead. :O
JohnG from ZR2USA.com wrote:As for having people from all walks of life on zr2.com, if you have been around for any length of time you would know I never really cared for that part of it. I mean people were generally okay and usually contributed in a positive way but it was called zr2.com for a reason And I don't mean to sound snobby about it but I just like that we all had a place to go that was a little haven since many people outside of the Kingdom of ZR2 like to tinkle on us because we think RPO ZR2 rules (which it does)
Joining does not appear to be an option.

Sadly all things come to an end. I felt like ZR2.com was a sister site. Tons of good information was gleaned there.
I will miss the interaction :(
Last edited by HenryJ on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I could lie and submit old ones of my '97 but, I don't think I want to be involved in a site with an attitude like Brule has shown us.

We have lost a lot of good friends and valuable info on the S-Series! I made some super good friends and got items for super cheap on ZR2.com. Maybe the ACLU will take up our case up for discrimination issues. :!: I bet Barch would have some contacts with them :wink:

On second thought, that site deserves to have old pictures used :twisted:

I did stop and look at a straight cab '99 ZR-2 on a lot this past weekend with thoughts of maybe a project rig. 199k miles for $8k. I didn't really look to hard at it.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

Hopefully we will not switch to s-10crewcabusa :!:
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

wow, that sucks.....

that was my favorite site, I looked at it at least 5 times a day.

:twisted: :cry:

EDIT: I just got to reading the post about transferring over and they seem to have an awful attitude about people without zr2's, I am actually contemplating not even joining...... :roll:
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

This is the reply I got earlier today after attempting to register there yesterday. :o

"Sorry, but you must currently own a RPO ZR2 to become a member of the site". :?

I guess the people who run that site think they are better than the rest of the s-series owners out there and I'm shocked that they don't see how we can all help each other. :shock:

Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Below is the body of an email I just sent to the only Email I could find on Zr2usa.com.

I'm very interested in reading the reply. I'll post the response.
Hi, I have a question about membership on Zr2usa.com. I have read the requirements where it states that you must have a Zr2 to join. Normally I wouldn't waste your time or mine with asking this, but I've read several posts on your forum that indicate that the Zr2 requirement has been lifted, especially in light of the recent situation with Zr2.com. I do own an S-series--a lifted 2001 Crewcab, if it helps. Anyway, any info you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks
--Walt
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

if it really makes that big of a fawking difference that I have 2 extra doors and don't have fender flares then so be it

I understand trying to keep the whole zr2 thing but that doesn't make it not an s10??? to me they are the same thing

the only reason I want to join is I made a bunch of friends with the more modded people in the group and their information and help is irreplaceable and now I have no easy way to contact them......
[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

coffeedrnkr wrote:.........the only reason I want to join is I made a bunch of friends with the more modded people in the group and their information and help is irreplaceable and now I have no easy way to contact them......

I am with you on that' It is a shame unless Chris and others in there can get their acts together in a unified response to change things. Look at all the shackles, the recent seat covers, and most importantly all the info sharing. I bet most were sucker punched just like us. Chris in the middle of a group thing with sliders and shut down. I wanna think on all of this before I completely go off. My first impression is with a2b. The guy running it is gay!
Miles
Crew
Crew

Post by Miles »

Guys, there seems to be some kind of a mixup. The whole ZR2 ownership ruling was certainly lifted. Before we jump to conclusions, please allow me a moment to try to sort it out with Roger. All of these rigs are S-10's underneath, and I see absolutely no reason why any one particular group should be excluded.

BTW, any of you are more than welcome on TXZR2.com anytime! There's some good info there too...
[size=75][b][color=orange][i]~Jeremy[/i][/color][/b]

[i][b][color=blue]'00 ZR2 Blazer, 33" KM2's on PA3's, Lock Right in Iron front diff/Detroit Locker in rear, sway-bar disco's, 1-Ton P & I Arms[/color][/b][/i]

[b][color=yellow]BlaZeR pics [/color][/b][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/b240/Muslhed/Best%20Blazer%20pics/][b][color=red]HERE[/color][/b][/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

As I told ZedR-2 members, at least all of their members got a PM before such BS!

f9k9 wrote:My guess is to recommend to the "powers to be" to just look at a few other forums. Did members ever gleam any power making thoughts from another sources? Ever get help to solve a problem from a non S-10 owner? Ever learn anything from some member of another forum? What happens when your "wisest" and "oldest" friends sell their "Z"s Are they banned from posting? They better be because former owners can't join? Or does the "good old boy" routine apply here?

Just one favor, before you ban me? Can anyone explain an "intelligent" rationale behind all of this.

Your forum has been very good to me and I have loved it and really had a positive experience here. If, something was about to happen, your members recieved a PM advising of a change that was going to take place. I was blindsided with your new friends.

I just want to call "**" on this entire ordeal! If, you guys think that this is a wonderful thing, then, just BAN me from here because I will be banned in no time at all from the narrow minded site that you seem to like!

PM and I will supply whatever info you want to ask of me.

Thanks,

Reed

This was totally uncalled for. I cannot imagine an excuse that anyone with any intelligence will accept. I repsect you highly Muslhed but, there is no excuse for this sort of actions among automotive entusiasts!

I know it is not your doing! You have some sense, these fools did not!
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Although I haven't received a reply to my email, I'll take Muslhed's word for it. This makes me feel better about Zr2.com closing... :) Hopefully everything can be sorted out soon. Muslhed, do you know if Zr2usa.com will host the old Zr2.com forum archives?
--Walt
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Hell just a serchable text document of the forums would do wonders to keep that info around.

Hate to see ZR2.com go.....I got as much if not more info there as I did from SSF
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
Miles
Crew
Crew

Post by Miles »

I haven't talked to Roger yet, but I will try to today. From what I understand, the ZR2.com site will be a read only, and the pertinent information about ZR2's is to be retained in archives. I think John G is going to continue hosting the ZR2 archives.

BTW, here's an interesting TXZR2.com thread on the subject, that contains some "inside info" of what is going on. I would suggest starting on page 2, about mid way down the page.
Last edited by Miles on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[i][b][color=blue]'00 ZR2 Blazer, 33" KM2's on PA3's, Lock Right in Iron front diff/Detroit Locker in rear, sway-bar disco's, 1-Ton P & I Arms[/color][/b][/i]

[b][color=yellow]BlaZeR pics [/color][/b][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/b240/Muslhed/Best%20Blazer%20pics/][b][color=red]HERE[/color][/b][/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Muslhed wrote:I haven't talked to Roger yet, but I will try to today. From what I understand, the ZR2.com site will be a read only, and the pertinent information about ZR2's is to be retained in archives. I think John G is going to continue hosting the ZR2 archives.

BTW, here's an interesting TXZR2.com thread on the subject, that contains some "inside info" of what is going on. I would suggest starting on page 2, about mid way down the page.[/url]
Muslhed, I just joined TXZR2.com. Seems like a great place. In response to JohnG's comments I've read in the thread you linked, and on Zr2usa.com, his snobbish attitude really frustrates me. Anyway, thanks for the link and info. It does shed a bit more light on the subject. :)
--Walt
Miles
Crew
Crew

Post by Miles »

Glad to have you join up Walt!

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Well here it is folks. The response to the email I posted above.
ZR2USA.com to me

More options 4:02 pm (28 minutes ago)

I'm sorry, but it's the policy of ZR2USA.com that you must currently own a RPO ZR2 to become a member.

James C. (JC)
Webmaster, ZR2USA.com
jc@zr2usa.com

That does it for me. Zr2.com is gone, and Zr2usa.com is not a viable alternative. I doubt I'll ever register there even if they do change the rules.

A good alternative seems to be TXzr2.com. :)
Last edited by Walt on Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Walt
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I just got TIZOWNED too.... :roll:

I'm sorry, but it's the policy of ZR2USA.com that you must currently own a RPO ZR2 to become a member.

James C. (JC)
Webmaster, ZR2USA.com
jc@zr2usa.com

Paul b wrote:
Hello, I was previously an active member over on zr2.com untill it got shut down

no reason to attach the pics to the email since it is probably already full from all of the traffic from zr2.com.....

so here is a link to my cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/515961

Thanks,
Paul Buckmaster
I really just want to be able to talk to brian, sean and the other hardcore guys over there b/c their info and knowlege is like my main resource

that is ghey though.....I don't know if I will ever try to register again.... :roll:
[/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

YEah its gay thats you gotta have a Z to register. fawk em. i liked zr2.com the way ti was. i met a bunch of people there and met a couple in real life too. it will most certainly be missed and im still gonna rock the zr2.com decal on the back of my rig. zr2usa has WAYYY to many forum topics for my tastes....gotta keep it simple and effective. so i guess im gonna be more of a regular here now!
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Be sure to let any refugees know that they are welcome to join us here.
HenryJ wrote: From the Forum Information: As you can see the primary focus of this forum is S-series Crew Cabs, however we do not discriminate and there are many things in common amongst the entire S-series line.

All members are welcome to join and share what information they can, no matter what they own or do not own.
There are plenty of good forums out there for whatever your taste might be. Ours tends to be a bit more reserved, and mature than some, or at least we try to keep it that way.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

HenryJ wrote:Be sure to let any refugees know that they are welcome to join us here.
HenryJ wrote: From the Forum Information: As you can see the primary focus of this forum is S-series Crew Cabs, however we do not discriminate and there are many things in common amongst the entire S-series line.

All members are welcome to join and share what information they can, no matter what they own or do not own.
There are plenty of good forums out there for whatever your taste might be. Ours tends to be a bit more reserved, and mature than some, or at least we try to keep it that way.
I second that!
--Walt
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

Well , I signed up at Texas zr2 site now , I can't believe zr2usa won't let other S10 owners in . Stupid

Couldn't I just send in a pic of any zr2 and say it was mine ?
I don't think i wanna be part of a forum with such a attitude though . But it would be nice to get some answers sometimes .
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

What a mess. Glad S-10CC isn't like that. At least I am not a man without an island. Both of these sites were good. Does anyone actually know why ZR2.com closed?
[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

There's a thread about it over on Zr2usa.com. I'll look up the address to the thread tomorrow when I get to work.
--Walt
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Walt wrote:There's a thread about it over on Zr2usa.com. I'll look up the address to the thread tomorrow when I get to work.

haha Walt deos everything at work, but work. :lol:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

GeorgesBlazah wrote:
Walt wrote:There's a thread about it over on Zr2usa.com. I'll look up the address to the thread tomorrow when I get to work.

haha Walt deos everything at work, but work. :lol:
Why do you think I agreed to help as a mod? 8) Plus I have a highspeed connection, versus dialup at home.
--Walt
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

Did they let you join zr2usa.com Walt? I don't understand why they are limiting membership.
[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks like they are taking a vote to allow non ZR-2 owners to join if, they are sponsered by a current member and a vote is taken to allow them in. Appears that they have lost one h*ll of a lot of expertise and need it back. I guess things have been pretty slow there :lol:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

RaleighBlaZeR2 wrote:Did they let you join zr2usa.com Walt? I don't understand why they are limiting membership.
Nope, not allowed since I don't own a Zr2, and never have.

I need to clarify my position on this, since I posted the topic. Regardless of what I've posted, I don't have an animosity towards Zr2USA.com--not members, or admins. I suppose my misgivings would go towards JohnG. He's always been clear about the fact that he doesn't like non-Zr2 owners on Zr2.com, and I guess this was a convenient way to get rid of us. I just don't like how the whole thing was handled (closing the site without warning). :P With that said, what's done it done. Zr2.com is gone, and isn't coming back. The site wasn't mine, it belonged to JohnG, and was his to do what he wanted to with. While I don't like Zr2usa.com's policy regarding non-Zr2 owners, it there site.

I doubt I'll ever apply for "sponsorship" though. The very idea suggests that non-Zr2 owners are somehow inferior. But hey, like I said, not my site, so I guess I'll move on :)
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It still sounds like he has realized he has messed up big time. I watched the posts and their dates posted. There were periods of over 2 days where no member posted. It is dying and this was his effort to try bring life back into it. I am sure that they would love to sponser Brule but, I have no expertise nor use for their attitude.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I think they have a good thing going with the ZR2 only policy over there.

In my youth when I lived in town we had a new neighbor move in down the street. They were "well to do" and perhaps above the stature of the local kids. The first thing they did was build a really tall fence around the house.
We all wondered if that fence was to keep the barbarians out...or in?
Maybe their wall is not such a bad thing? ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Oh NO! our 4 doors will infect the owners of zr2s and renders their stickers useless!

But serously its their site and they can do what they want. I doubt ill ever join there because they make it seem like our non-zs are the ford pintos of s10s.
Last edited by GeorgesBlazah on Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:I think they have a good thing going with the ZR2 only policy over there.

In my youth when I lived in town we had a new neighbor move in down the street. They were "well to do" and perhaps above the stature of the local kids. The first thing they did was build a really tall fence around the house.
Maybe their wall is not such a bad thing?
;)
Another example of your Stephen King and Sci-Fi attraction?
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

HenryJ wrote:I think they have a good thing going with the ZR2 only policy over there.

Maybe their wall is not such a bad thing? ;)
In keeping with a Scifi theme, the problem with their "walls" or requirements is that they're like the Enterprise's shields--they only allow traffic going out :lol:
--Walt
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

I think the attitude about this is all wrong. You do realize that ZR2USA had NOTHING to do with the demise of ZR2.com right? You also realize that there is NO agreement between JohnG and Roger aside from Roger allowing JohnG to forward ZR2.com traffic to ZR2USA.com?

ZR2USA is bending every which way to accomodate it's members. We are not losing expertise, if anything, we continue to gain it, and we want to for years to come. WE want you guys to join up, WE want to see your mods, WE want to be able to shoot the $hit with everyone and not have to go to 50 different forums to find everybody.

Roger started that site as a site for only United States citizens who currently owned ZR2's, that's the audience he wanted. After two years, he bent his rules to allow people to stay on the site if they sell their ZR2, AND to allow Canadian members. He then, by request of his membership, allowed people who've ever owned a ZR2 to sign up. And NOW, he's (once again), letting the members decide the direction of the site. It's a great compromise on his part. Sponsoring members is an easy way to control the amount of new accounts and control the growth of the site.

The vote is almost over and it's clear that WE want non-z owners on the site.

I think when you realize that ZR2USA is NOT a replacement for ZR2.com you'll understand that ZR2USA has been way more accomodating than you're giving it credit for.

I apologize if this sounds harsh, it's not my intention. I've actually been pulling very hard to get non-Z's allowed in, as i know ZR2USA will be a great place for all of us to enjoy, and it gets to me a little bit to see some of the things said in this thread.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sorry if any of my comments come off as rude. That was not my intent. It is all "tongue in cheek" and said in good humor.

I am pretty sure most of the others feel the same way.

Most of the anger is in the way ZR2.com was shut down. No time to mourn. Anger is a natural reaction. With anger comes the fallout. ZR2USA.com is just taking the heat because there is a link now.
There was no complaining about their policies until the light was cast upon them.
I think ZR2USA.com has a good thing going and should stay ZR2 only. Like I said less confusion. If the membership is there, there it should stay.
If they compromise where does it end? Will it become a Dakota, Toyota, Ranger page?
I am not sure how well I like running it as a democracy. Someone needs to be in charge and guide the direction with their idea of the perfect forum. It is human nature to mess things up. The more there are the muddier the water.

JMO, Peace :mg:

BTW, Welcome Jigg! Thanks for taking the time to join us and contribute :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

HenryJ wrote:Sorry if any of my comments come off as rude. That was not my intent. It is all "tongue in cheek" and said in good humor.

I am pretty sure most of the others feel the same way.

Most of the anger is in the way ZR2.com was shut down. No time to mourn. Anger is a natural reaction. With anger comes the fallout. ZR2USA.com is just taking the heat because there is a link now.
There was no complaining about their policies until the light was cast upon them.
I think ZR2USA.com has a good thing going and should stay ZR2 only. Like I said less confusion. If the membership is there, there it should stay.
If they compromise where does it end? Will it become a Dakota, Toyota, Ranger page?
I am not sure how well I like running it as a democracy. Someone needs to be in charge and guide the direction with their idea of the perfect forum. It is human nature to mess things up. The more there are the muddier the water.

JMO, Peace :mg:

BTW, Welcome Jigg! Thanks for taking the time to join us and contribute :thumb:
For the most part I agree with Brule here. Alot of the heat Zr2usa.com is getting is because JohnG set Zr2.com's site to forward to it. Regardless of his intentions, doing that was basically an endorsement of the site. Naturally alot of people who were members of Zr2.com who will now check out Zr2usa.com, after being forwarded there from Zr2.com, are going to find out that they can't join, or have to be sponsored to join. It's not the admin's fault at Zr2usa.com, they've just been put in a bad position. Rules are rules. I personally think Zr2usa.com is missing out be limiting membership, but it doesn't really matter as it's not my site. :)
--Walt
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

Thanks for the welcome Brule, I've lurked here for years, i thought i had already signed up, but i guess not.

I should've indicated what i was responding to with my post. F9k9's posts about ZR2USA changing it's membership policy were uninformed and uncalled for IMO, which is mainly what my post was targeted at.

Either way, the option is there for anyone that wants to sign up. I find the majority of the members here to be awesome guys that are an assett to any community.

I'm sure i'll be posting on here a lot more, as i have quite a bit of free time during the day, and now that i know the password to my acct, i can actually post. :lol:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jigg wrote:...now that i know the password to my acct, i can actually post. :lol:
Glad you will be sharing! If you get a relapse of the CRS , drop me an email and I'll slap you around, or reset your password for ya :lol:

Reed can fly off the handle at a moments notice. We really do have to watch out for our senior citizens. They can be thin skinned :poke: :roflmao:
Try not to take anything here too seriously. We all vent from time to time. I don't think Reed can be too opposed to ZR2USA.com since he let his wife register. Or maybe there is more to the story? :lol: j/k ;)

I lurk there from time to time, but see quite a few questions without solid answers.
For goodness sake would someone please link the Hot Foot Fix mod page , Hot Feet Fix thread , and Heater Control Valve thread to this thread on ZR2USA.com - Chevy Hot Feet
There are toes over there frying this summer and our hands are tied to help them! Oh, the humanity! :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jigg wrote:................F9k9's posts about ZR2USA changing it's membership policy were uninformed and uncalled for IMO, which is mainly what my post was targeted at.

"Uninformed"? I have to disagree with you but, that is what this country is all about. I have lurked, read, checked dates of posts and know that it was very quiet! I know that quite a few of the members tried to get the "almighty" Mr.Z to allow the non rpo ZR2 owners into the forum. I saw how they were treated for trying to help and it turned my stomach. However, "Mr.Z" owns the show so, I accepted his decision and lost any desire to be a member. I am sorry that you feel that I am not part of the "majority of the members" here on S-10CrewCab.Com but, that is your right and I have to respect that.

I just hope that you will continue to sell products to me and that Chris stays in touch for his excellent products.
Jigg wrote:Either way, the option is there for anyone that wants to sign up. I find the majority of the members here to be awesome guys that are an assett to any community.

The option is there is there, I agree. It's been over 31 hours and not one member has even tried to sponsor a non RPO ZR2 owner. IMO that is due to members not wanting to cross the Almighty. With that opinion and $5 you might get a bottom end cup of java from Starbucks.

BTW, Jigg, I think you are a "stand up" guy and welcome you to and appreciate the fact that you joined the forum :wave:
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

Reed,
It's my fault for not specifying what i thought was uninformed. The reason for ZR2USA allowing non-zr2 owners to join has nothign to do with a lack of activity. Since ZR2.com flopped, activity over there has skyrocketed. It wasn't that bad before the flop either, i've been posting for a couple months over there and there were always a decent amount of new posts. Also... a lack of expertise? I don't think so. Wanting more expertise... certainly. Any forum that didn't want more knowledgable members will not survive (IMO).

For what it's worth, when i said "the majority of members", i did mean you as well. :thumb: I don't know everybody over here (yet), so i can only attest for those i've had some sort of interaction with. I do understand not wanting to join because you were not initially allowed to. I didn't join up for quite awhile after i bought my ZR2, because, i had a ZM6 before that, and i wasn't allowed to join. Even after i did join, i didn't post for another year or so. And it wasn't until a couple months ago that i really started posting over there (I've had my Z for almost two years). So, yeah, i can understand being bitter about not being allowed over there.

For the record, Rog has actually been on the forefront of allowing non-zr2 members in on the site. I know it's probably hard for some to believe, but it's true. Again, i've just started posting there lately, so if what you're referring to is about something that happened more than two months ago, i conceed that you're right, since i have no way to argue against it.

As for nobody sponsoring any non-z members, it's the weekend and not many people hit the forums, at least not as much. I have quite a few people i'm hoping to sponsor (including my brother actually). You'll start seeing those posts pop up pretty often. Another reason might be that some of us are horrible procrastinators (like me, i'll probably wait till i can do it at work to post up some of my sponsorship threads). Also, I don't get the impression that people are worried about crossing Rog and feeling the wrath or anything. Then again, it's all perception.

I do apologize if any of my previous posts (including this one) sounded harsh at all. It was not my intention. I'm actually pretty bummed out about the ZR2.com community getting split up like it did, and i've been trying to get it back together. Seeing some of the comments made over here and on some of the other sites made me feel like i was pushing for nothing. Made me think that everyone would rather be seperated. To me, i could care less what vehicle you drive, ZR2.com created a community of 4x4 enthusiasts and connected people to one another. I, for one, would not have found the passion for my business had i never found ZR2.com.

I have lost no respect for you Reed, i was just frustrated and decided to vent on here 'cus it was the most complete thread out of any of the "what happened to ZR2.com" threads on all the s-series forums.

I certainly will continue to sell products to you, in fact, i've got some sick stuff coming out in about a month. The business is starting to shift into full gear. :rock: Did we ever figure out if the ZR5 rear wheel wells were the same as the S10 ZR2's? :bonk:

Henry,
I'll definitely post those up tonight. I definitely need a good slap in the face from time to time, at one point i had like 887 passwords, i've been trying to consolidate them into just a few 'cus i can't remember half of them. :crazy:

Again, i don't want any of you to think that i just joined up here to stir things up, one thing i've always tried to do in life is learn as much as i can. This site has some of the best tech articles and a ton of brain power that i'm really looking forward to taking advantage of.

Seacrest... out. :wave:

Edit: holy long post batman!!! :shock:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jigg,

Hey, you are still a "stand up" guy :thumb: . There is no need to beat this topic any longer. I don't have a dog in the fight and will behave myself from here on out. You guys are OK and wish you all well :D

I am glad you overlooked my behavior and joined up here. Even his "Holiness" would be welcome here but, I just hope you'd understand if, I didn't rush out and hug his pompous *ss!

PEACE
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

f9k9 wrote:I Even his "Holiness" would be welcome here
PEACE

:lol: I don't think I've EVER heard that one here! :lol:
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I suspect your moderator "cherry" is about to be tested :wink:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jiggs,

It still seems slow with Mr. Z's forum but, I wouldn't yank your chain if, I didn't like you. How about you and I asking HenryJ to delete this thread?
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

lol, are you sure you're looking at the right forum? In the past 24 hours, there are about 100 active threads (no exxageration)
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jigg wrote:lol, are you sure you're looking at the right forum? In the past 24 hours, there are about 100 active threads (no exxageration)

Am very sure I am looking at the right forum and it remains at 2 !

No member has had the nerve to cross his highness and sponsor someone.

True, people are loosening up in general but, that is not where I wanted to go after here. Your point is well made and I won't stir it up anymore.

Thank you for tolerating my rants. 8)
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

hahahha ohhhh, my bad, i thought you were talking about the entire forum in general.

I will be sponsoring people this week. Just haven't had luck with a couple people, and i'm still waiting to hear back from others.

So i totally get a wierd feeling everytime i go back to ZR2.com to search for something, it's like being back at your old high school or something. Freaks me out.
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jigg wrote:...........So i totally get a wierd feeling everytime i go back to ZR2.com to search for something, it's like being back at your old high school or something. Freaks me out.
It only gets worse, Jigg, I am afraid to say. The saying "You can never go home" will become clearer to you as time passes by.
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

I've been out of high school for 6 years now. The majority of my memories from high school center around football. I went back there today for a graduation. I stood on the home side of the football field and listened to the national anthem being played by the band, and got the chills so freaking bad. I swear i can picture every aspect of a friday night on that field.

It's funny how sometimes we spend today marvelling at yesterday, only to do the same tomorrow with today.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jigg wrote:It's funny how sometimes we spend today marvelling at yesterday, only to do the same tomorrow with today.
You have a firm grasp on it!

Stay Safe!

Reed