ebay buyer issue

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

ebay buyer issue

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hey guys just wondering what you thoughts would be in dealing with a ebay buyer that hasnt paid after a few days and wont respond to messages.

someone bought some flares on ebay from me but hasnt said anyting or paid. any thoughts on what to do?
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

post his home address

[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i like that idea :)
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Couple of ?'s. When did the auction end? How many times have you tried contacting him? Did you state that payment is require within a certain timeframe in your auction?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

auction ended by buy it now 3 days ago. in the description it says paypal only at auction end. I have tried 3 messages plus the invoice from ebay.

other bad thing is the buyer has no feed back at all so it could just be a screw over.

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

barch97 wrote:post his home address

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Seek the advise of Ebay customer service. You may need to file a claim, or at the very least a complaint.
I believe there is a limited amount of time to do this?

Watch out for a check to arrive in the mail for twice , or more the amount you requested. It may ask that you keep a nice bonus and ship the remainder with the item. My neighbor ran into that scam recently.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

dang thats a brutal scam.
people these days

top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

i'd make darn sure the check was good before i shipped anything to him!!!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The check looked good and infact it took a few days for the bank to find out that it was bogus. Fortunately my friend took the check to the bank and waited to hear from them. In the mean time he was trying to contact the buyer again. Same thing, no response to email. After filing with Ebay he received the buyers phone number and address. The phone number didn't work either.

If he had cashed the check, in a few days the bank would have gone back to him for the bum check.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

well thanks for your thoughts guys. i did the report and it said i have to wait untill the 28th which would be one week. so i guess three days isnt that bad...yet

SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I had a problem when I bought something from someone on E-Bay. I filed a complaint and the people at E-Bay contacted him, it took almost a month but I got my items. Just an enncouragment for you. Now I will not buy anything unless the seller has good feedback. Take it as a lesson learned.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I've had several problems with people who would not correspond with me at all after an auction, only to get the product I won in the mail a few days later. Or the payment sent via PP in a few days, so don't give up hope yet.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

barch97 wrote:post his home address

If you don't get anywhere with this problem I say go with barch97's idea! :punch:

Steve