Spring Cleaning!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Spring Cleaning!

Post by killian96ss »

The weather has been nice for a while, so I decided to clean the CC & SS and post some pics. :D Anybody else got some clean pics of their rides?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I don't think I have ever seen any good pics of your rigs. Both are looking good! Image

It's only 1 PM there. Did you do all the cleaning today?

I can't plan any cleaning or using my touchup paint with our current weather pattern and it is killing me. The best I can do is look for a "2 hr window" of not raining.Image
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:Did you do all the cleaning today?
:lol: No, it took me the whole weekend to fully clean both vehicles. I cleaned the exterior, interior, and engine compartment on both of them. :roll:

Steve
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

nice lookin set , you mean you cleaned the engine bay and didn't even post a pic of them , geeez
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Sweet.:thumb: Nothing like a clean ride.

[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

100K limit for images-HJ
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

The 99 looks sweet.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I like the nice clean trucks. I just wish I could get a weekend without rain around here so I could really get mine cleaned up. It has rained on the weekend for 3 consecutive weeks Image
Coming off of Vemont's fifth if unofficial season of the year (MUD SEASON) My truck is a mess right now.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

haven't had any decent weather to clean mine!!!! :x

if the rain will stop for a couple of days,, mine will get a bath!!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

All of your trucks are lookin' pretty sweet!! Also, I love the SS!! This is mine about 2 weeks ago...

[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

clean like I like it :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Not really super clean, and not a great shot, but I neve rmiss a chance to post pics of my trucks :D :D

Did all of the ZR5's come with those off-road lights on the front?!?!? I noticed one above that had it as well......BTW, whoevers truck that is has me convinced I should've gotten black instead of yellow.

Heres one of the Xtreme from February, right after I get the C5 wheels put on there.

Enjoy :D
Last edited by 2kwik4u on Wed May 24, 2006 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Haha! No, I put those lights and the bar on there! I wanted a yellow Zr-5 but when I bought mine in late July of 2004, all the yellow ones were gone anywhere near here! So I just took what they had! And Steve, your truck makes me wish I had gone with the 31s instead of the 30s!!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks like someone should have cut the grass instead of worrying about the photos

All kidding aside, the truck is looking good. I think the black molding looks nice :thumb:

All you need is a full-size spare and I happen to know where one is that has never been on the ground except for the time it took to install a 2" BL :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

2kwik4u wrote:Heres one of the Xtreme from February, right after I get the C5 wheels put on there.

Enjoy :D
Those Vette wheels look nice on the Xtreme and I'll bet it handles nice with them too. 8)

Steve
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

killian96ss wrote:Those Vette wheels look nice on the Xtreme and I'll bet it handles nice with them too. 8)

Steve
Thanks, and yes it does handle like a sports car.....Since I've been driving the ZR5 daily I've started calling the Xtreme "the go cart"....I get in that little truck from the ZR5 and it's a whole new experience.

I'll actually be autocrossing it this weekend at a local event. The spectators always get a huge kick out of watching it race.....and until I did a select few mods that moved me to a higher class I was cleaning up.

Plans this winter are to stuff a new motor in there. Not sure yet if I'm going with an LS1/T56 or a turbo 4.3/T56 setup...as well as a conversion to C5 brakes all around, and a few interior upgrades......

Heres some more pics if your interested
f9k9 wrote:Looks like someone should have cut the grass instead of worrying about the photos

All kidding aside, the truck is looking good. I think the black molding looks nice :thumb:

All you need is a full-size spare and I happen to know where one is that has never been on the ground except for the time it took to install a 2" BL :wink:
Yea yea yea......I actually cut the grass the following Saturday morning, and that was taken on a Thursday night. We leave it a bit long anyway, so people are always telling us it needs cut.....

Not sure I need a fullsize spare. I have about |..| that many mods planned, and none of them involve tires for a few years unless I come across a smoking good deal (read 4 tires for less than $300). Thanks for the offer though :D

More pics of the ZR5 as well :D
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Washed the CC inside and out yesterday!!

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It is looking sweet BobbleSmitty. It needs "sumpthin'" but, I can't quite figure out what it is :lol: You have to remember the source of that comment though :D Not much weight can be given to the opinion of a "short" school bus ownerImage I can't recall but, are you gonna raise your nerf bars?
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Thanks! :) What else should I do to it??? As for the nerf bars and the safari bar, I've already raised them up! There's pictures in my album of all of that.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BobbleSmitty wrote:Thanks! :) What else should I do to it??? As for the nerf bars and the safari bar, I've already raised them up! There's pictures in my album of all of that.
I guess I have had my sliders on to long, I thought the nerfs were low but, in retrospect, they are the correct hgt after your BL :thumb:

I dunno what I would do to make a difference. You're almost commited to stay with the dark accessories to match the ZR5 package and the light bar. I do miss my ZR5 wheels at times and yours looks great :D

It's pretty much up to you and what you like :D If you wanna go with graphics I'd check out DecalDriveway.com. I like them and have had good service from them. I'm in the process of removing my flaming bow ties (shortly) and am looking at other options.

If, you like it, then stick with it. It looks great!
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I decided that I will do the opposite of a spring cleaning.
Over the Memorial Day weekend I will spend a day offroad and search for mud. :rock:
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

f9k9 wrote:It is looking sweet BobbleSmitty. It needs "sumpthin'" but, I can't quite figure out what it is :lol:
skidz flares, bigger tires? maybe a bug deflector? ... i agree, your truck looks sick, but it's missing some spice somewhere...
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Just a thought but, each to their own :wink:

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I was definately thinking about blacking out the bowtie and de-badging it! I would keep the Zr5 logo tho :) But I love my white letters on the tires! lol Next set of tires, I will go with 31s for sure, but I don't think I would start cutting or add new flares. I had mentioned before about the idea of blacking out the tail lights as well. My friend did it to his Grand Prix... It's some sort of spray paint, maybe called nightshade??, but its transparent but looks pretty sick!

Anyone have any ideas for a CB antenna(s)??
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BobbleSmitty wrote:I was definately thinking about blacking out the bowtie and de-badging it! I would keep the Zr5 logo tho :) But I love my white letters on the tires! lol
Like I said, it is pretty much what you like and that is all that really matters :wink: I didn't photochop the ZR5 emblems for a couple of reasons. !. there are $45 each and 2.......I like them :o
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

DAmn......I new I shoulda held out for black :(

Such a nice looking truck.

Did you have to do that lift (body and suspension) to get those tires to clear?!?!!
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I did the body lift to clear the tires. I'm not sure how 30s would have fit with out the BL. They fit just fine with the BL with no rubbing. I added the shackles just to raise it some more, but they aren't needed. Killian96ss (steve) has 31s on his, but some talk about minor rubbing which requires some trimming. I'm not all about cutting the body so I just went the safe way out.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I ran 31" BFG's on mine with a BL and TB crank with no rubbing. Atleast until I put 2" spacers on the front (before getting new wheels). Then they started to rub :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

All I want is some 31x9.50's before winter time......

If I can run those without a BL, and just a TB crank I would be very much happy!

I was able to mount 31x9.50's on my Nissan Hardbody 4x4 with ZERO modifications, so I'd like to think it woul dbe possible on the S10 as well, but you guys will know best I'm sure.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

You'd probably be ok with the width, but the height may be a problem. Rock was running 31x10.5x15's without a body lift a while back, but he put Skidz cutout flares on. He had a problem with the tire hitting the top of the fender opening when going over big bumps, railroad tracks, etc... May be something to consider.
--Walt
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

wamason wrote:You'd probably be ok with the width, but the height may be a problem. Rock was running 31x10.5x15's without a body lift a while back, but he put Skidz cutout flares on. He had a problem with the tire hitting the top of the fender opening when going over big bumps, railroad tracks, etc... May be something to consider.
Thanks for the info....When the time comes, I'll most likely get the tire place to just test fit a couple, and let me drive around for a few minutes to see if they work or not......I'm not above cranking the torsion bars, and putting some shackles on there, but the fewer mods to the suspension the better.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

My preference would be a body lift. Zero suspension mods :)
--Walt
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I don't think you can run a 31" tall tire without a 2" BL or Skidz flares. You will need at least one of them to make this work without major rubbing. :wink: With a 2" BL, 3/4" t-bar crank, and rear helper springs my 31's only rub on the front inside frame area. It's not bad, but it does reduce the turning radius slightly. I did not trim any sheet metal to get my 31's to fit. :D

Steve
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

wamason wrote:Rock was running 31x10.5x15's without a body lift a while back... He had a problem with the tire hitting the top of the fender opening when going over big bumps, railroad tracks, etc... May be something to consider.
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Well here's mine... I finally got the flares on :D
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

looks good border man! how big are your tires?
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Spring Cleaning!

Post by Pauleo »

killian96ss wrote:
Image Image
I don't know what it is about these pics but it REALLY makes me wish I had my little CC back. SWEET truck man! I like the rubber too!

It sucks having a leased vehicle! I miss my mods!!!!! :cry:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

jeff024 wrote: Image
:shock: WTF do you put on your tires, man? Vasoline??? They are SICK shiny! 8) I likey! :D
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Image adjustable spray and not the foam.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

if i do one....might as well do her's too!!!!!!! :D

ImageImage
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

f9k9 wrote:Just a thought but, each to their own :wink:

Well, I de-badged it today! Took off all 3 S-10 badges and the "CHEVROLET" badge on the tail gate. It looks sweet! You could never tell they were on there :) I just used some fishing line, some weed wacker line, 'Goo-gone' (which by the way is a great product to get off sticky stuff), and some wax to finish it off!

Next step, paint my front bow-tie black!
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Here's A Pic Of The Grill & Headlight Housings Blacked Out, I Did Everything But The Bowtie.

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Finally a nice day !

Post by 04crewvt »

I finally got to my spring/summer cleaning here are a few before and after shots.
ImageImage
ImageImage

8 hours and a lot of elbow grease later
ImageImage
ImageImage
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry wrote:Here's A Pic Of The Grill & Headlight Housings Blacked Out, I Did Everything But The Bowtie.

Where in the blazes is a pic of those slider?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Finally a nice day !

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:I finally got to my spring/summer cleaning here are a few before and after shots.
Looks Great!
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

f9k9 wrote:Just a thought but, each to their own :wink:

This is as close as it gets! Debadged and painted the bowtie Black...

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Smitty, I think blacking out your truck would look awesome. Black out the grille like Reed said, and get some black rock crawler style wheels. :)
--Walt
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Walt wrote:Smitty, I think blacking out your truck would look awesome. Black out the grille like Reed said, and get some black rock crawler style wheels. :)
With all that nice shiny black, Smitty should add some Chrome. :D IMO.
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Steve2003 wrote:
Walt wrote:Smitty, I think blacking out your truck would look awesome. Black out the grille like Reed said, and get some black rock crawler style wheels. :)
With all that nice shiny black, Smitty should add some Chrome. :D IMO.
:lol: :lol:
Darth Vader wrote:Give yourself to the dark side!
/\
||
||
Big guy dressed in all black, half machine that can kill you from miles away--I'm with him. :D
--Walt
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I'm not too much a fan of chrome! My old car had too much chrome on it and I got tired of all of it! My exhaust tips are enough chrome for me (and they're black chrome lol). I dunno about the wheels, but that may be a possibility. My cousin said he could get me some new 31s from Cooper for free so I may take him up on that and grab a new set of wheels for the winter time then. I like the ZR5 rims for the summer tho. As for the grille, right now, it's the same color as the fender flares and all of the other plastic on the truck, so I may keep it that way... but who knows, i still have like 90% of that Paint over Plastic spray can left! lol
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I was refering to the Chrome bar that runs across the grille :) One day I want to paint mine to match the body.
--Walt
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:Where in the blazes is a pic of those slider?

Well This Only Took 3 Weeks :shock: But Here Are Some Pics :D
I Have The Xtra Bolts But Still Need To Drill The Holes. Also Have Some Minor Adjusting To Do Before I'm Totally Happy.

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Pics of my crew ca...4 door :) I did wax her up and stuff right before this mishap.

And a waxed pic of the daily.

And the daily hard at work.

[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

LOL , I like the last pic .

What paint and process are you guys using to black out the grill on you CC's ?
I would like to Black out the bumper and grill and headlight housing on my blazer .