WHERE HAVE YOU ALL BEEN!?!?!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

WHERE HAVE YOU ALL BEEN!?!?!

Post by SomeCrew »

You know I have been here every day since I joined and noone ever come on here anymore!!

No wait.....

Reverse that... :oops: :oops: :oops:
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

have you had any problems with the SL?
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Well, of course, I had cv boot issues, still am, so I bought aftermarket upper control arms of fix the stance as best i could. Now im workin on gettin better axles with superlifts aftermarket cv boots. After that, I will see how things go. All in all I am happy with it so far. I STILL have these crappy tires i got when I got my lift. I have new tires on order, just waiting for them to come in, they should be here wednesday or so. I got the Baja claw radials, 35's.
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

A friend of mine with 1 2002 Taco has some small claws on his truck. Can't remember the size. They ride rough, and roar like a bogger, but their traction over a variety of terrain is simply amazing. His were the non-radial version, so maybe yours will ride better :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

Post some pics when they are on.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Yes some pictures please, I want to see that beast. :D
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Ok, they will be goin on tomorrow, would have been today, but FedEx decided to give me only 3 yesturday, the 4th will be here today.

Pics will be up, though, dont worry.
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

do you not like your thornbirds?
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Somecrew, you should just go to the auto parts store and buy replacement cv's for the front. they use a more rubbery boot than the stock ones.

I did this and never had a problem with a boot after I put in the new shafts

They should be about 70 bucks a peice after core IIRC
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Kermit - I liked the Thornbirds all the way till the metal belt started showing :lol: :lol:

Coffee - I dont know man, that sounds all good and all, but i dont think that even those will last with the way my axels are sitting.

axel looks pretty much like this:
--
\
\_

Also, I dont think they would even accept the core that I give them :lol:
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I have given them a core that came in a trash bag before, the thing was completely blown up and one of my friends decided to cut both boots and take the balls out of it, the auto parts guy didn't even make me take it out of the bag, we just threw it in there and he sent it off.

I wish I still had an uploaded pic of my suspension when I was on ifs, they were at a pretty bad angle.

just a suggestion, b/c the superlift boots will probably be pretty much the same thing, but if you get these they have a factory crimp on them where one we might do probably wouldn't be nearly as good.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

SomeCrew wrote:Ok, they will be goin on tomorrow, would have been today, but FedEx decided to give me only 3 yesturday, the 4th will be here today.

Pics will be up, though, dont worry.
wheres the pics
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

I will get the pics to you guys this weekend maybe, weather permitting. I have to replace an upper ball joint on the driver side to perfect the alignment problem, then I will take pics, this way the front tires are both facing up and down :lol:
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

OK well I put the new ball joint on, but snapped a wheel stud (cross threaded at the tire place). So now I got to replace that monday or something, but I will try my best to get pics up from it this weekend.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

SomeCrew wrote:OK well I put the new ball joint on, but snapped a wheel stud (cross threaded at the tire place). So now I got to replace that monday or something, but I will try my best to get pics up from it this weekend.
I feel your pain I have snapped 4 on the front of my truck so last time I replaced them all.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

suns been shinning here in Maryland and still no pics :)
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Well now it will be a couple days more. I snapped my axle :( :x

..not a word henryj :cry:
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

snapped which axle, and what part of it???

if it was your rear axle, I have mine sitting here in the garage from my axle swap if you need any parts.......but I couldn't get them for 2 weeks b/c I am at school
[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

nah, front shaft assembly, driver side...
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

HAHAHAHAHAHA......new update. Put in the new axle. It lasted about a day, hahaha.....so we have new idea. We do new idea this weekend.

I'de like to thank Advanced Auto Parts for selling me a 75 dollar axle that lasted 1 whole day! Even the GM axle lasted longer than that!
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

WTF were you doing??????

I never broke a front axleshaft!!!

I pulled a couple apart and lost a couple boots but that is all.
[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Well, they arent really snapping, they are just coming completly apart and causing me not to be able to drive my vehicle. But we took care of that today.....no more axle period! Best ride I ever had!

Well, if I can get ahold of some batteries for my digi cam, i shall post pics this weekend..
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

batteries are for sale at 7-11,Wal-mart,Kmart,Target,exxon,shell,mobil,just to list a few :)
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

do yours come completely apart or do you just keep losing boots over and over again??

One thing I learned from experience though... you can't run the wheel bearings without at least the stub of the cv in there b/c the cv actually holds the bearing together.

When I went wheeling and pulled a cv apart, I took the whole thing out and drove home like 2 hours and by the time I got home the wheel bearing on that side was COMPLETELY trashed.

I think you might need to uncrank your tb's a bit
[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

hands down you've got the biggest 2 wheel drive crewcab :lol:

just teasin' that sucks man
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Update:

Well coffee, I did keep them in, because I thought that would happen, so I kept both cups in, the shaft is just been cut off.

Now, by doing this, and with the tb's so cranked, nothing (axles) are holding the tires from really cambering in, so both tires cambered in REALLLLY BADD! The fix for it, we put in some nice and big bump stops in the upper control arms, and the bump stops are resting on the drop down bracket. To top it off, we welded washers on the drop down bracket to level them out nicely.

This is only a temporary fix. The ultimate fix is for me to go and get lift spindles to bring the upper control arms level instead of a 70 degree angel.
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Do they make 4wd lift spindles for s10's???

or are you just goint to try to adapt some 2wd lift spindles onto it?

that axle shouldn't have been keeping the tires from cambering in, have you already adjusted / maxed out your alignment washers on the upper control arms??

You should get some pics up here of what it looks like, don't be shy to put them up, my ifs used to always look like it was broken...... :lol:
[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

your right, they shouldnt have held the alignment together, but they did, there is soo much stress on the suspension components because of the tb crank, that they were holding the tires from buckling in. Now all thats holding them up is the bump stops until i get the spindles.

Somebody does make 4wd spindles, but I forget who, it might have been chassis tech.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I'm here, sometimes. :)
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

Me too! :lol:
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

These are the best I could get for now

:shock: 100k limit for images, link't them -HJ
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

That is a sweet looking truck. MHO is you need to get the gap guards for your rig. T oic showing your back fender id showing daylight through your frame and bed. Sweet any how!
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Dayum, Looks awesome.....but....WHOLY control arm angle WOW
[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

SomeCrew, black and red have always been my favorite colors and I usually don't like red vehicles, but the color combo on your truck looks very nice. :thumb: I wouldn't mind owning a second CC some day, and if I did I would probably look for a red one after seeing how nice yours turned out. 8)

Steve