First generation Crew Cab- new member

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

First generation Crew Cab- new member

Post by gen1crewcab »

I just wanted to say hello...looks like a good site !
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

oh boy! i'm the first one to say it......

WELCOME TO THE 'CREW'
:wave:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

:bounce:

WELCOME!!!! This is not just a "good" site, it's a GREAT site! I've been around the web a little and you'd be hard pressed to find another group of people as nice as these folks are. But ummm, one word of advise.......hold on to your wallet cause this mod stuff is VERY addictive!!!! :lol:

Once again, welcome! :thumb:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Agreed. Welcome! Guys, let's try to prepare him for the wallet lightening he's about to receive :lol:

We've got trucks in all shapes and sizes, from stock, to "Oh my that thing is huge". :D
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:wave:
welcome home its about time you found us :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

Thanks for the welcome guys ! Glad to be aboard :D
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

HIGH :D

I mean Hi
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome GEN1 :D

Feel free to post your location and "stuff". You might have a member close by 8)

I am dying to know why you chose your screen name since a member recently posted a photo of a 1st generation blazer converted to a crew cab PU.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Welcome Gen1!!!!!!!!!
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

I am from Minnesota, here is the gen1crewcab

Link't oversized image. 100k limit. Welcome aboard :mg: -HJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gen1crewcab wrote:I am from Minnesota, here is the gen1crewcab
You make one hell of an entrance :wink:Image

Please tell about the CC and yourself.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

That is a sweet ride! Welcome to the site :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I like those rims on that 1st Gen crewcab, to bad GM didn't make a s-10 crewcab with a long bed. :wink:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Hello and welcome :D Sweet trailer!! 8)
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I like it :rock:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

Steve2003 wrote:I like those rims on that 1st Gen crewcab, to bad GM didn't make a s-10 crewcab with a long bed. :wink:
That's not entirely true. After 5 years of research and an extensive restoration I cannot find any evidence to discount the notion that this truck was built for GM as a design prototype. For those who were misled by idea that this was two trucks hacked together because of the trailer in the picture, I apologize. The trailer was built in 2004 and the truck was built in 1991.
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

welcome to the gang, gen1crewcab!!!

by the way.....what chassis did you use for your crewcab???
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gen1crewcab wrote:
Steve2003 wrote:I like those rims on that 1st Gen crewcab, to bad GM didn't make a s-10 crewcab with a long bed. :wink:
That's not entirely true. After 5 years of research and an extensive restoration I cannot find any evidence to discount the notion that this truck was built for GM as a design prototype. For those who were misled by idea that this was two trucks hacked together because of the trailer in the picture, I apologize. The trailer was built in 2004 and the truck was built in 1991.
Wow, It looks like a "hack Job" NOT! I sensed something with your first post. :!:

Now, give us a little history of youself or give us a username in another forum that members like myself would like to find out more about your CC and yourself.
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

Well here goes,
I was looking online to buy a Baja (1st gen) and I stumbled across an ad for this truck. I called the guy up and he explained to me that he was getting divorced so the truck had to go. He said that the truck was built for GM by a company in WI for the Autoshow circuit. The truck was fairly dilapidated but I bought it anyway.

The truck started as a regular cab longbox and the frame was boxed an addtional 36" ( it is now longer than a Suburban :lol: ) The rear doors are made of fiberglass w/pwr windows and locks. I am assuming a mold was made of the front doors for the fabrication. The roof sheet metal was taken from a 4dr Blazer (it has the sheet metal lugs in it). The interior is the main thing that leads me to believe that this truck is genuine. The rear seat was built specifically for this application, it is a bench seat and the size of it is nowhere close to a factory bench seat. It has a passenger side trip lever which leans the seat forward for access to the jack. The entire interior is factory pattern cloth and it all matches perfectly. There are even custom size factory stlye floor mats that fit exactly into the odd sized rear floor pans .

The 2nd data plate on the door states the the truck was recertified as dot approved 6 months after it was originally built.

I have spent a good deal of time/money restoring it over the past five years. It is really a nice driving truck, I have driven it to the S10 nationals in Kansas City and back w/o any problems.

So there you go.. .I will answer any other questions as they come up.
Again thanks for the compliments and the warm welcome.
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

Steve2003 wrote:to bad GM didn't make a s-10 crewcab with a long bed.
heck, even a regular bed woulda been nice. lol, my rifle case just fits lengthwise in the bed :lol: and my fishing pole has to go in on an angle

back to the topic at hand, :yikes: thats a sweet ride right there....it's like the grandfather to all our baby crew cabs, cool :thumb:

welcome again
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

could it be possible that a 1st gen crewcab was available in the South American/overseas market, and just didn't make it into production here?(parts availability) Reason I ask, is my crew is a conversion from an ext cab to a crew, and was made before the crew was realeased here. The conversion company most likely used collision repair parts from GM's Brazil division were the crew was readily available. I can see were the frame was modified as well as were the roof and cab were pieced together(visible after removing the a/b-pillar trim).
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

It is my understanding that the South American 1st gen crew cabs were converted from 4dr Blazers. These were converted after the release of the 4dr Blazer in 1991. The dead give away is the shape of the rear doors.
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

:wave: that is a neat ride :rock:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

More photo's please,
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Thanks for taking the time to explain everything that you have for us. :thumb:

When time permits, I am sure that a few members are interested in the trailer , as well as further details on the 1st Gen CC.

Again, thank you for sharing and welcome to the forum.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yea nice ride and more info on the trailer please. I have the plan in my head to use a zr-5 bed to convert into a trailer for my truck for camping, Nice to see someone has done something similar.

Welcome to the site
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

wow, nice ride and WELCOME
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I had not seen your truck before. It is nice. There are pictures of another first gen crew cab. It appeared to be a converted 4 door Blazer in primer. I am not so sure that it isn't currently residing on the highway between Notus and Caldwell. It would be neat to see all the first gen crew show up here as well :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

I am working on uploading more pics of the truck and trailer they should be done tonight.
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

Okay pics are up...

Early truck pics I scanned from prior owner (taken a couple years after it was retired).
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/ ... an0010.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/ ... an0009.jpg

The trailer started as a North Dakota highway maintenance mobile that was hit by a snowplow while parked (only 60k on the truck @ the time...ouch). A local guy bought it at an auction and made a half-a$$ed trailer out of it and listed it for sale on Ebay. I drove up there and bought it from him and proceeded to rebuild it. The frame was cut off at the front of the box and reconstruction was begun. 2x5 square tubing was cut and fit into the frame as the pic show. The spare tire mount is a second gen spindle and rotor assembly. The air flow of the back of the truck actually spins the spare quite nicely. I want to reinstall the fuel tank and rig up a transfer pump and a quick disconnect fluid connector for feeding the truck on long trips.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/ ... an0008.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/ ... an0007.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/ ... an0006.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/ ... an0005.jpg
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

looks great I like it
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

That is a awesome crewcab! I have owned both first and second generation s-10's. Is there any chance you could post some pictures of the inside of the cab?
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Gotta love itImage

I love the entire concept! The diamond plate on the trailer is awesomeImage
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Shweeet! :thumb:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

Welcome, sweet , dbl sweet. i want an 8' bed :P
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd