Honda Ridgeline

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Honda Ridgeline

Post by BADs Crew »

What do you think of the HONDA RIDGELINE? I have been Chevy man forever but this truck caught my eye.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

im not really sure I think there rated really high and all depends on weather its 4X4 or an AWD
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Specs. say 4WD. It does have a good crash rating.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

they could use about 3-6in of lift then I think they would look great
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

They need to relearn what Toyota had to laern with the T100. Don't send a boy to do a man's job.

That six banger ain't gonna cut it in a fullsize rig.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Sort of reminds me of an Avalanche, but I do like the in bed trunk, and dual action tailgate. I was looking at these while I was getting my crew inspected back in Oct (I had bought it used from a Honda dealership) they do look a bit different than the run of the mill truck. What really sets them off is the 247HP 3.5l v6. that must be a whole lot of fun to play with. They rate it for 5000lb towing and 1550 total payload. Only thing I can see wrong with it is that it wasn't made by GMImage
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

What kind of aftermarket support is there? Can you buy a cowl induction hood? What are the lift options?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I wouldnt think much of any HJ since this is the 1st year for them
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I have learned alot of things while working for a car dealership. I would say that an important one is dont buy a first year car, you have to wait until they have time to work the bugs out. Just my .02!!!
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

its not a truck!
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

jeggers wrote:its not a truck!
i concurr....IRS :moon: besides i think it looks hideous
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

It looks like a POS fudged up Avalanche.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Yes, it's definately NOT a truck. I certainly wouldn't say it competes in the compact truck market at all but I like it. Not specifically the design or styling but the concept. It's terrifically functional and practical. Remarkably similar to the subaru baja. I'd like to see this market expand and think a significant number of auto consumers agree with me. Again, this is surely NOT an "off road" vehicle and would never replace a truck or a car for that matter but, if you need a car and a truck and can only afford one... Kinda like a sofa-bed. it's an uncomfortable sofa and REALLY uncomfortable bed but, if you're pressed for space... buy a ridgeline or a baja.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

IMO, this vehicle was made for the yuppies out there who want the apperance of a crew cab/ quad cab but all the perks of a car....placing more dumba$$es that think a 4x4 is made to tailgate & give them a shorter stopping distance
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I agree this is not a truck , IRS and the stupid lookin bed .
I don't like the avalanche either , how can put your camper in the back of that . The whole concept of what a "Truck " is , is lost . Even Jeep made the new Cherokee with a Independant FRONT susp. Granted they have a advance 4wd system . but still , is anything going to be left alone , Before you know it , Chevy will have a IRS "Truck" or make the base model silverado/serira's with a IRS , and if you want a solid axle you will have to pay the extra $$$$ for the HD model .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

it might be 4x4 or 4wd.....BUT it does not have a low range!!!! what's the use of having a 4x4 truck without low range???? i've seen some reviews on the ridgeline....but i wouldn't want to take it off road!!!
just my thoughts!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

Test drove a Ridgeline last month, has a decent interior but thats about the only nice thing I can say about it. Im more interested in the Mitsubishi Raider myself has some nice options like a 4.7 V8 and stock BFG All Terrains to name a few things, normally I would never look at a foreign truck but GM leaves me no choice unless a get a half ton Z71 because I refuse to buy a Colorado.
[size=75]2003 S-10 Crewcab Dark Metallic Green*Hidden Hitch Class 3 Trailer Hitch*Monro SensaTracs*Airaid Intake*Poweraid TBS*Custom Dual Exhaust*Tranny Cooler*Buffalo Stainless Step Bars*Hunter Grill Brush Guard*Delta Diamond Plate Tool Box*Bed Rhino Lined*APC Clear Corners*Hi Beam Mod*LT235/75/15 BFG All Terrains*Full Skid Plates with Transfer Case Done by SkidZ.[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

You know, one thing the Honda has going for it is reliability. I don't know specifically about the Ridgeline--I like trucks, and it's most definitely not my idea of a truck.

My CC has had several thousand dollars worth of work done to it since I've had it--granted it's all been covered by the warranty, but there's still alot of components that have failed. It'll be 5 years old in May. I've owned it 2 of those 5 years, and there's only been one previous owner.

My wife's Honda Accord is just over 8 years old. My wife got it in 1998, and has never had a problem with it. None. Zilch.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

wamason wrote:You know, one thing the Honda has going for it is reliability. I don't know specifically about the Ridgeline--I like trucks, and it's most definitely not my idea of a truck.

My CC has had several thousand dollars worth of work done to it since I've had it--granted it's all been covered by the warranty, but there's still alot of components that have failed. It'll be 5 years old in May. I've owned it 2 of those 5 years, and there's only been one previous owner.

My wife's Honda Accord is just over 8 years old. My wife got it in 1998, and has never had a problem with it. None. Zilch.

Good points wamason.. Its not a truck, I would be afraid to put any kind of a heavy load in the bed. It a specific purpose vehicle, to be used for travel or around town. I would never buy it unless there was a lockable bed cover or cap. I like the style and don't think of it as a full size truck. I just like a different look and I like having storage away from the passenger compartment for safety. I don't want my air bag saving me and mine only to be done in by suit case or a jar of pickles from the grocery store,

My CC and Blazer are safe for now but when I feel its time I just may go give this a closer look.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I do like the storage compartment under the bed, especially since the spare is there. I know it probably would be useless if larger tires were used, but that's a feature I've always wanted in our trucks.
--Walt
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

haha... more like Fridgeline. i mean its big and boxy like a fridge anyway

i don't like it at all! buh! copied basic design from Avalanche. looks like a car w/o a trunk lid. not sure how much serious off-roading it could actually handle esp w/ small tires and big body.

basically, its a grocery getter, a conversation piece, and in my opinion so far, a flop ... "above all else, its a honda"

just my opinion though ...
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

barch97 wrote:Yes, it's definately NOT a truck.................but, if you need a car and a truck and can only afford one... Kinda like a sofa-bed. it's an uncomfortable sofa and REALLY uncomfortable bed but, if you're pressed for space... buy a ridgeline or a baja.

That is a valid point that I have to agree with! How many or the SUVs on the road today have ever been off of the road?

It might not be our cup of tea but, it is for a lot of people. It sure as heck beats a Lincoln or Cadilac SUT all to he_l!
wamason wrote:You know, one thing the Honda has going for it is reliability................My wife's Honda Accord is just over 8 years old. My wife got it in 1998, and has never had a problem with it. None. Zilch.

Another valid point that I don't think can be argued. When I made the comment about the T100 I was thinking about trucks being used as a truck. It was full size but, not to appealing to be utilized by farmers, contractors and the such with it's powerplant. The Ridgeline is for someone that may want to haul a new dishwasher home from Lowes or something along that line once a year.

Perhaps if GM was half as realistic as Honda is, we would not have 30,000 people wondering what they will be doing at this time next year.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

^^^^^^ Good points , GM certainly has some explaining to do . Oh wait , they won't Executives will just hide away and collect the $$$ and wait until something comes by instead of moving ahead themselves to make a Decent Automobile .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

I'm with George- definately ugly. I think the Avalanche is also less than good looking unless it has at least 35's under it :wink: Maybe the Ridgeline will look better w/ some 33's or bigger? We'll see.
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I agree. Not to offend anyone here who might have one, but I personally think Avalanche's are ugly. It's really just the bed and the plastic panels that cover hald the body. But when Chevrolet started making them without all the plastic on the side, but with regular fender flares, I changed my mind a bit. I still don't care for the plastic on the bed, but I wouldn't mind having one with the plain old fender flares on it :)

Oh yea, and I love the way the rear window and cab wall can be removed! :D
--Walt