S10 is still alive .... In brazil anyway .

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

S10 is still alive .... In brazil anyway .

Post by Blaze One »

I found these links on zedr2.com , it seems that Brazil has a new generation of the S10 - and its a Turbo Diesel .
http://www.estadao.com.br/ext/garagem/s10/
http://www.chevrolet.com.br/home.html#s10

Also shown are the blazer and a crewcab S10 , if anyone knows how to translate the pages that would be great . Since all the engine specs in Newton Meters etc .
and there is a link on the chevrolet site that takes you to the a foreign Chevrolet Rally Team site .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

the body lines look similar to the colorado!!!!

and where do WE get those accessories...ie: the hood scoop thingy,, the roll bar for the bed,,, the 16" wheels!!??!!???
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

BRAZIL! That sucks! I want one! They look better than the dang Colorado!
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

not bad lookin Id buy 1
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Those appear to just be second gen S-series with new front ends and beds on them.

Heck if they were released in the US, I'm not sure they would be considered 3rd gen - probably though.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

some text loosely translated
from the first link
"To picape Chevrolet S10 is an old acquaintance in the streets and Brazilian roads. Even so, its new version, reestilizada, still is capable of call the attention which way passes.

To veteran picape earned, in his version more modern lines more curves in the breaks front and traços more vigorosos in the lateral one. In the front, a grille with corners rounded off and broad rectangles separates two huge assemblies óticos. The aerofólio under the pára-shocks is huge, with a big entrance of air and painted in the same color of the carroceria, what did I contribute for give a heavier aspect to the vehicle.

Perhaps be that even that the fashion designers of the GM - and the consumers - want: give to the S10 a more full-bodied aspect, transmitting the impression of more weight and power.

In the lateral, the front fenders and buns plows to live marked, but the line that both suggest you go interrupted by the door, smooth in his upper part. It stayed an impression of incomplete work - I crease in the breaks lower, depending on the position of the observer, you hurt not it arrive fulfill the function of link visually I have caçamba with the room of the motor. "

Like i said "loosely" translated, lol

i suspect that little turbo diesel would put out numbers like the chrysler 2.8 turbo diesel. 160 hp at 3,800 rpm and with 295 lb.-ft. torque at 1,800 rpm. 21 MPG city, 25 MPG highway.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I WANT THAT ENGINE ! imagine if you put a good aftermarket chip in it , you could see 325+LB.FT. torque . plus the sound
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I wish I could have gotten the diesel in mine.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

mmm.....that would be nice....a diesel engine....great gas mileage and low end power in stock form....just don't pull out in front of a bigrig :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Yeah that would not be a good thing. You could just add an a train horn. Thats something that I saw on an F250. Talk about loud.
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

front looks like a Tracker. looks weird w/o the center bar through the lights... too much like an old Ranger..
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

It looks like a Chevrolet Uplander , in the front
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

its easier to gain massive HP from a diesel I have been watchin my buddy do it to his dodge cummins hes now running 13s in the 1/4 mile with a 4x4 CC on 35s weights almost 8000lbs
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Thats a pretty sick diesel. Upgraded turbo and exhaust? Probably more?
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

i would buy it, but then i have had 4 second gen s-10 s and one blazer.
:idea: wonder if we can buy the sheet metal here in the us.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Hey! Coincidence?? I just found that that one of my business associates left for Brazil last night!!! Ya think he would ship one back for me for an early Christmas present??? :lol:

I wonder. Can that even be done? Can you buy a vehicle from over seas and register it here in the states???
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Not easily! The costs to make them legal here is prohibitive with all our EPA and safety requirements. The very rich spend big bucks in attempts to get hot sports cars into the country and usually are unsuccessful.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

f9k9 wrote:Not easily! The costs to make them legal here is prohibitive with all our EPA and safety requirements. The very rich spend big bucks in attempts to get hot sports cars into the country and usually are unsuccessful.
I may be urban legend.. but I tough I heard that with the right paper work each person was allowed one and only one imported car into the states that did not have to meet ALL of the EPA and Saftey requirements... I can't recall where I heard that but it sticks in my head.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

This may be true as my friend bought a car from overseas a little while ago off ebay. Said the shipper did all the work and he just went and picked it up. I forget what kinda car it is, but i thought it was pretty ugly lol
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

SONOMA915 wrote:Thats a pretty sick diesel. Upgraded turbo and exhaust? Probably more?
5 in exhaust out to stacks in the bed/ ram air hood with ram intake/ turbo work from a single to twins/ injectors work/ all billet tranny/ a TST chip/ an Edge chip/ and a bullydog downloader/ he also has a Dry shot NOS/ but has yet to run the nos thould hit mid to low 12s maybe even high 11s.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Urban Legend?
Vehicles must be certified to U.S. federal emission standards by their manufacturers for sale in the U.S. Vehicles that do not meet these requirements are considered nonconforming. A currently certified ICI, a list of which is available from the EPA, must import Nonconforming vehicles for you. The only EPA-authorized ICIs are located in the U.S. It is therefore recommended that you contact an ICI to discuss costs for modification and testing before you decide to import a nonconforming vehicle. The ICI will be responsible for assuring that your car complies with all U.S. emission requirements. (As of July 1, 1998, EPA no longer has the one-time exemption for vehicles five or more model-years old.) Be aware that EPA will deny entry to certain makers, models, and model year if an ICI is not certified or is unwilling to accept responsibility for the vehicle(s) in question.
Another one
A WORD OF CAUTION

Both the DOT and the EPA advise that although a nonconforming car may be conditionally admitted, the modification required to bring it into compliance may be so extensive and costly that it may be impractical and even impossible to achieve such compliance. It is highly recommended that these prohibitions and modifications be investigated before a vehicle’s purchased for importation.
And just one more but, you can check out all of it here
daevans315 wrote: ..............I may be urban legend.. but I tough I heard that with the right paper work each person was allowed one and only one imported car into the states that did not have to meet ALL of the EPA and Saftey requirements... I can't recall where I heard that but it sticks in my head.
There's lots of exceptions like for shows, racing, temporary situations, returning military and civilian personnel, and nonresidents. It's best just to read it all yourself :D

An urban legend it is not :nono:
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:Not easily! The costs to make them legal here is prohibitive with all our EPA and safety requirements. The very rich spend big bucks in attempts to get hot sports cars into the country and usually are unsuccessful.
It can be done! I met a guy at my local DMV who just had a Germany built $400,000 V-10 Porsche Carrera GT shipped here and it was in no way compliant with US, or CA regulations. He told me what it basically comes down to is how much of a penalty fee are you willing to pay to have your toy? In his case it was a $16,000 penalty fine, but he said it was worth it to have such a nice car. I guess $16,000 isn't that much $ considering he just paid $400,000! :shock:

Image 8)

Steve