wondering if you guys can help

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

wondering if you guys can help

Post by bwenny247 »

i belong to a wheelin' club "GOT MUD?" based out of Michigan and every month there's a contest for top 4X4 site based on number of times the members vote (one vote per day per network of computers) and we've landed in 3rd for the longest time.

i'm hoping the crew can come and help us out and win this contest. aside from the contest these guys are all about wheelin their rigs at a place called "the mounds"....240 acres of ORV park in southeast Michigan. They make weekly Muddin' videos for all members to watch, go and compete in boggs, and snap hundreds of pictures. They've got some bad rigs and are a bunch of good hearted guys who like it dirty.....muddin' that is.
here's a couple of their rides

so, if it's possible could i persuade you to pop on over to www.wegotmud.com and cast some votes? while you're there enjoy the pics and videos too, they'll make you wanna go straight to a mudhole and get stuck, LOL.

I appretiate it
Ben (AKA BDS-crew on the site)
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Dun

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Ditto
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Hey Ben,

You got my vote. Would like to see a couple pictures of your truck in the mud. I didn't see any on the site but I didn't get a chance to look through all of them either. How's your truck been doing? Have you been having any front suspension issue's such as ball joints and whatnot.

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

steve:

nope, you won't find any pictures of me at the mounds yet. It's about 2 hours away from where i live, so it'll cost $40 in gas just to get there and back, plus whatever driving i do in the park, hehehe plus whatever i break, lol :lol: . funds are real tight right now with tuition, rent, truck payments, blah blah blah. you all know hw it adds up. plus I'm trying to make it through school with as little in Financial Aid Loans as possible. I've only taken out $5000 (to lift my truck of course :D ) in loans in 3 1/2 years. everything else comes out of my pocket :(

coincidently as you ask, i do happen to have some kind of front end problem. i was coming home in a down pour and parts of the road i was on was flooding. i went up a hill and in the low spot between two hills the road was flooded about (i'm guessing) 6"-12" deep and 20-30 yards long that i hit at about 60 MPH. although it was cool to plow through it and it was a heck of a splash down photo-op, you can imagine the impact on the front susp. shortly there after i began hearing a chinking or clanking noise when i came to a stop. thought it was in the breaks, but it wasn't. guys at the break shop said it's something in the susp. so hopefully i'll get that checked out this weekend. I'll keep you guys posted on what i find. in the mean time, any suggestions?

thanks
Ben
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

You Got My Vote :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

got my vote , too!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Did it. We have some more work to do to get you above 3rd place though! C'mon guys! Log on once a day for a few days & lets help the guy out! :thumb:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Got my vote. :D

On your suspension question...check your CV boots and make sure they're still in place. Other than that, I'm not sure what would cause the noise.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

got mine
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Voted, and saved the link to my favorites. I will vote daily to help out. :D You'll need alot more votes for 1st or 2nd. :?

Steve
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

done and done
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

:bump:
just a reminder
don't forget to vote daily if you can :)
Got Mud? is falling behind already :(

for the front end noise:
the brake guys said it isn't the breaks
the susp. guys said ball joints, tie-rod ends, and bearings all look good
cv boots are properly set

hmmmm, dunno....guess I'll just keep an eye and ear on it.
thanks again guys
:thumb:
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

:rock: Keep those votes pouring in guys.
GOT MUD? is leading the vote count for top 4X4 site

Thanks again for all your help!
:D
for those who haven't wandered over and joined up here's a vid they made last Sunday
http://wegotmud.net/videos/Mounds10_2_05pt1_0001.wmv
this should play in windows media player, hope it will work!
If you like the vid, become a member and there's a whole lot more just like it on the site.
`Ben