MEMBER/USER NAMES ORIGIN

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

MEMBER/USER NAMES ORIGIN

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ's, Jim's, Borderman's and MellowYellow's member names are somewhat obvious :)

User/Member names are always interesting to me. I enjoy trying to figure out how people chose them. I find myself guessing how they were chosen and why. :lol:

Ex......"Rock" :!: Is it because he is a climber, is a retired US Army Sgt or something else entirely? :lol:

I came up with mine in '94 on AOL. The "F9" is a KY State Police assigned call sign when I transferred here. I guess the "F" was because I was/still in federal law enforcement. :hide:

The "K9" obviously came from the fact that I was a K-9 handler and I felt lucky to perform in that capacity and actually make a living from it :lol:

I'd love to hear from other members and hear the thought process that resulted in their user name.

Jeff, keep silent on this class exercise! :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

well I have been using two names on discussion boards . When it is a car/truck related forum I use "blaze one" because I drive a Blazer and I have "one" and because i have been known to "blaze one" once in awhile

The other I use is "Mr.Pink" . Because i like the character " Mr. Pink" for the movie resevoir dogs .

and on fishing forums i use my real name or "snag"
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ty, Blaze!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I call myself "Rusty" because I have a knack for collecting rusty old relics. I have a garage full of rusty junk.
Last edited by Rusty on Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I came up with my screenname by putting my two knick names together. I acquired "Bobble" from my neighbor when I was about 5 yrs old... Not that I couldn't catch a ball or anything, he just put an "L E" at the end of all the neighborhood kids names. I figured that I would use that when I created my first SN on AOL back in '97. When I bought my crew, I got a personalized plate with "Bobble" on it. I got "Smitty" from my shop teacher back in highschool since my last name is Smith. I would have put "Smitty" as my personalized plate, but of course, it was already taken.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

B.A.D. are my initials :moon:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rusty, I had a bunch figured out and since I was here for the name change "rush" . I knew yours.

Bobble was one that perplexed me and TY!

I hate it when I am exposed as a "softy" and "Bad" burned me righteously.

Thanks for humoring me.
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

my girlfriend kinda slurred my name one time, like when you're talking to a baby and "Bwenny" came out, kinda stuck ever since. 247 is just cause I'm "bwenny" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

but you guys can call me ben ;) ......pweeeeeease :lol:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
j0ker v1.25

Post by j0ker v1.25 »

mine's a derivative of 2 hobbies, computers and the occasional toke or two.

joker 1.25" papers being the wrap of choice

and the "v" prefix being the common prefix to software releases.
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

I like to go snowmobiling and the only kind of snowmobile is Arctic Cat :lol: I also go by hooter sense High School because of my last name
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Hmmmm

I picked jeff because its my name :)
024 because it was my 1st pin # to an ATM card when I was 16 and now I use it because im A GORDON FAN :p
Last edited by jeff024 on Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

DUH!!! :lol: :lol:

<<<<---------------------------:rock:
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

Chumley was given to me by a guy at work who gives everyone nicknames, kinda like the company clown. If anyone is old enough to remember Tennessee Tuxedo ( I don't and I'm 37) and I didn't know this until about 3 yrs after I got this nickname that Chumley is a big dumb looking walrus! Oh well I guess if the shoe fits... :lol:
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I use Steve2003 because Steve is my nickname. My real name is Stephen and my crew is a 2003
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Steve2003 wrote:I use Steve2003 because Steve is my nickname. My real name is Stephen and my crew is a 2003
That's what I guessed but it's nice to have confirmed :D
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

<---- Cause it is. lol
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Mine Is Cuz I Live In The City But I Want To GO back To The CouNTRY
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I didn't have a clue on yours but, after you explaining it, works for me :D
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

gocntry wrote:Mine Is Cuz I Live In The City But I Want To GO back To The CouNTRY
And to think, not too long ago, Manassas was the country!
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Nothing special here :P My job constantly requires me to log into computers, and they assigned me "wamason", which is the first letter of my first name, and my entire last name, as a login, and it stuck...
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

mine's Hcrab backwards and I was born in 1997 :P
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

barch97 wrote:mine's Hcrab backwards and I was born in 1997 :P
Sure you were....and you'll get your license to drive your crew in about 8 years...haha....good one.....

Mine is simply my name....a lot to figure out there....
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

After tinkering in the garage with one of my "toys" I'm starting to think I need a new name that reflects my masochistic tendencies or at least something that conveys the fact that I'm TERMINALLY INSANE!!! :crazy:
Last edited by Rusty on Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'll give you 2 guesses...

8)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

my gf calls me my name so i thought it was unique
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

AZS10Crew wrote:I'll give you 2 guesses...

8)
Please do not tell me that it is that easy :lol:
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

f9k9 wrote:

8)
maybe he should change it to INS10crew :wink:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

Mine is just my ham callsign.. guaranteed to only be one with the callsign :) so I usually get it first try on most signups (unless I've been there before and forgot).
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

coffeedrnkr15 is my aim name from like 8 years ago and I just used coffeedrnkr b/c I felt like it

Actually this is the only forum I go by coffeedrnkr on, I usually go by OOBER and I don't think I can change it

I can change it if you like -HJ
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
JimmyDiamond
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JimmyDiamond »

Mine's pretty hard to figure out. :D
[size=75]2002 S-10 ZQ8- Too much to list= SOLD - 2003 Bonneville SLE - [url=http://images9.fotki.com/v187/photos/4/41590/841111/DSC00158-vi.jpg]2000 Jimmy Diamond Edition[/url] - 2006 Trailblazer LT V8 - 2006 Malibu SS[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

about as hard as top_sgt :):
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

who woulda guessed
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

I wish I could come up with something clever. But truth is, I stole it from someone else!!! My first name is Paul. The "eo" has no signifigance what-so-ever!!! I just saw the name somewhere before & I "assumed" it! :lol:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Pauleo wrote:I wish I could come up with something clever. But truth is, I stole it from someone else!!! My first name is Paul. The "eo" has no signifigance what-so-ever!!! I just saw the name somewhere before & I "assumed" it! :lol:
Ah! Identity theft! And I do believe we have a couple of cops here.... Hmmm? :lol:
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I dive the luxury version of the S-10. S-10ers dont get offended, just playin. Sonoma and the other part is the area code.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

SONOMA915 wrote:I dive the luxury version of the S-10. S-10ers dont get offended, just playin. Sonoma and the other part is the area code.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

What did you do to that Ford? Is that why you bought your GM?
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

1337 is 'leet' spelled in numbers, meaning 'elite' usually in reference to computers. (which I work with every day for my job). I got the vending part from a room in the main building at college, which happened to be room#1337 and had the title 'Vending'. Hence, 1337vending. Thought it was a pretty unique name...
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

1337vending wrote:1337 is 'leet' spelled in numbers, meaning 'elite' usually in reference to computers. (which I work with every day for my job). I got the vending part from a room in the main building at college, which happened to be room#1337 and had the title 'Vending'. Hence, 1337vending. Thought it was a pretty unique name...
Might as well have been a Navajo code talker that came up with that one. I have to admit that yours was one that really had be curious :shock:

Thanks for sharing :)
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Steve2003 wrote:
f9k9 wrote:

8)
maybe he should change it to INS10crew :wink:
I like it in Indiana, but not that much. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You appear to be doing quite well in Indiana. I just wish we had met before my yearly trips to Elkhart came to an end. I still want to make one more trip there to reunite with my K-9 mentor quits the business and hopefully we can meet.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

f9k9 wrote:You appear to be doing quite well in Indiana. I just wish we had met before my yearly trips to Elkhart came to an end. I still want to make one more trip there to reunite with my K-9 mentor quits the business and hopefully we can meet.
Things could be worse I guess. :D

Let me know when you might be up here. I'm only 30 minutes or so from Elkhart. 8)
[size=75]Mark
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

AZS10Crew wrote:
f9k9 wrote:You appear to be doing quite well in Indiana. I just wish we had met before my yearly trips to Elkhart came to an end. I still want to make one more trip there to reunite with my K-9 mentor quits the business and hopefully we can meet.
Things could be worse I guess. :D

Let me know when you might be up here. I'm only 30 minutes or so from Elkhart. 8)
I am trying to plan a trip npw. I feel that my buddy, in Elkhart, and I are very close ftiends :D

Am needing a few tips from him on my current pup and he is the one to line one out in 2 days that I may never do in 10 yrs :lol:
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Nothing to complicated here I like jeff gordon and I dig for a living.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

TY 24digger!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I am throwing patience out the freakin' door :lol:

Spill the beans a2b :!:
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

f9k9 wrote:I am throwing patience out the freakin' door :lol:

*Hint
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

barch97 wrote:
f9k9 wrote:I am throwing patience out the freakin' door :lol:

*Hint
:lol:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

f9k9 wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:Let me know when you might be up here. I'm only 30 minutes or so from Elkhart. 8)
I am trying to plan a trip npw. I feel that my buddy, in Elkhart, and I are very close ftiends :D

Am needing a few tips from him on my current pup and he is the one to line one out in 2 days that I may never do in 10 yrs :lol:
Well...if you go the way I think you will (US 31...north of Indy anyway), you'll pass within about 1/4 mile of my house, so just let me know when you're passing through. :thumb:
[size=75]Mark
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Will do, I pass through there on 31 before I hit the South Bend bypass :D
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

K, I guess mine comes with a little story...

Back around 94 when I was 15. I bought my first car, a 1984 Monte Carlo. It had the 4.3 and a bad tranny. So me and a bud fixed er up and slapped in a 305 so tired that you could turn over by moving the fan. LOL. 2 months later the 350 was intro'd. That was the end of my "ever have money life" Six four bolts and about 20 Grand later I had me a 10.92 @128.46MPH Monte Carlo. That was my daily driver too. MPG=5. :) Anyway, I thought I would need some sweet license plates when the whole project began so I put in for ROCKN84. Two weeks later I get my plates. Hmmm......ROCKN82. So now everybody at the Byron Dragway (in IL) Is asking me if it is an 82 cause it didnt look like one... Shortly there after somebody tossed me the nick ROCK. And It stuck. The rockn82 has been my aol screen name since aol 2.0 and every screenname since. You can just about email rockn82@whatever and get me. LOL. I have even met women down in fort hood cause of them plates. Chat'n online and my name pops up. She said she saw the plates like that at the gym and yada yada.

Well thats my story... and I miss my car again.

By the way we do the National Wheelstand Championships in Byron. You get trophies for the longest/sickest wheelstand and you should see some of the stuff people do to their vehicles because they refuse to lift. They yank the wheelie bars off for these. Car Craft Mag covered it last year and Here are some links. :)

Check out the "most violent" Hear how he is still on the throttle and ready to roll. God I love it. :oops: You'll prolly have to use Quicktime cause I can't get the Win Player to work.
http://www.carcraft.com/av/116_0505_whe ... index.html

Yeah and I guess I really Don't have to explain the "Watch This" in my Signature. I try not to say it anymore, I dont have the time/money.
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb:
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Hey Rock do you still come down to Byron Drag Way for those races?
Because that is not to far were I live i'm just 15Min away from there. Maybe we could meet up some time?
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

I grew up in Kirkland and lived in Davis Junction untill i went in the Army. I went last year but I dont make it down there all that often anymore. Do you do any trail riding down there? And have you ever gone to the freeport dirt oval?
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

No, not unless it is putting snowmobile trail"s for the winter and takeing them out in the spring :lol: . thats as much as I do. no I have not been to the dirt races at Freeport.
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

2bunik = to be unique

My mustang has always been differant because of all the mods I have done to it. It actually looks like an import now.. Anyways I was fishing around for a name for the entire project, and came up with 2bunik. So That was what my mustang project was named.. It was supposed to be on a license plate but i never got around to it... I have one other log on that I use. it is TRAI_38 that was randomly chosen for my yahoo email account back in 1996 or something.. and I have used that ever since...
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

24digger wrote:Nothing to complicated here I like jeff gordon and I dig for a living.
Are you a hoe operator? I ran some Iron up until about a year ago, now I'm a foreman. I still get in the seat occasionally :wink:
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

chumley wrote:
24digger wrote:Nothing to complicated here I like jeff gordon and I dig for a living.
Are you a hoe operator? I ran some Iron up until about a year ago, now I'm a foreman. I still get in the seat occasionally :wink:
Yes I've been running a Case hoe for about 22 years now.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Rusty Shackleford is the alias that Dale Gribble on King of the Hill uses when he orders pizzas or signs important documents etc...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome aboard!

I caught the meaning in your replay to HenryJ,

Have fun here but, not at other's expense............Barch!
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

To whom it may concern...Thank you for the Dale Gribble picture thing. Like I have said before, I am computer illiterate and wouldnt know how to do anything like that. My wife and I got a big kick out of it...Thanks again!!

Rusty
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rusty Shackleford wrote:...Thank you for the Dale Gribble picture thing.
:angel:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Glad to see a normal crew on here :lol: welcome on here :wave: there is some :crazy: people on here but they know there stuff.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:B.A.D. are my initials
I bet the ladies give you a wide berth with a nickname like BAD sCrew :lol: ;)

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

well my name's Gary....but My mom started the whole Gairbear thing and my friends got wind of it and it just kinda stuck..
Black '02 crew cab-30" BFG's, K & N FIPK, Go Rhino step bars, 2" body lift
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Kind of stupid...........but................you asked...............
A good 10 years or so ago, I was working at a mechanical design job shop. Our system/network administrator thought it would be a good idea to implement Windows NT 4.0 He took every person in the office and inverted their name. Viola, they had a user account. So my first ever user name of any kind was my name spelled backwards. Retep or Peter.
I told you it was stupid....You asked............
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I still like, and appreciated it Retep. I do not know if you remember but, I mentioned I grew up there and my closest friend is still living in Kettering
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

f9k9 wrote:I still like, and appreciated it Retep. I do not know if you remember but, I mentioned I grew up there and my closest friend is still living in Kettering
Yes, I do remember.... and I would like to meet you and wheel some day.

I am glad you started this thread. actually, it is a topic I have wanted to start but never did.

I have a new job now that keeps me busy. Unfortunately, I am unable to keep up with the forum like I used to. I used to do all my forum surfing at work. However, when at home, I just don't get online much. Sucks, kind of like moving far away from family....

Take care,
Pete.

P.S. If you ever come "home" to visit family or your friend, look me up. If I remember correctly, you told me the street where your friend lives. I am within walking distance.
Last edited by Retep on Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

PM anytime!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

HenryJ wrote:
BADs Crew wrote:B.A.D. are my initials
I bet the ladies give you a wide berth with a nickname like BAD sCrew :lol: ;)
Well you know how its used both ways " Dam thats one BAD truck" We have a super at work. His last name is Watt and all our users names are first initial and last name. his first name is Troy :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

I use Jim because I can...getting in on the forum early aloud me to do that. I'd rather not use nicknames given to me:
Slopper 17 year old Corvette restorer / detailer...I was always under a car on the lift with water and a scrub brush. This was before the time of body off restorations and back when the white glove treatment was more important than being correct, all the work was done overhead on the lift. Hours of cleaning, sanding, masking and painting.
Weisy High school...part of my last name.
Jimmy-d-mote When your a senior in high school with a factory 1969 427 COPO Chevelle you could expect a nickname like that. 8)
Feather Foot When you have the fastest car in the school but rarely get on it...because you feel you don't have to prove anything :D

I still tend to detail everything.

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:...Troy
OMG, that is funny :lol: There is always something worse isn't there?!? Years ago I worked for a company who's owners name was Richard Dick, calling him Mr.---- really seemed disrespectful. Thank goodness I never ran into his brother Harry. No way could I have kept a straight face.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

We have a chain of store here called WAWA. I don't know if you have them your way but if you ever get a coffee there look at the owners name on the side of the coffee cup. Its Richard Wood
LUVMY02CREW
Crew
Crew

Post by LUVMY02CREW »

Mine is just a little heartfelt shout out to the old chevy luv and the rest hopefully self explanitory(even though technically I should be LUVTHEBANKS02CREW :lol:

FYI...I just found this thread and I'm betting there has been a few members added in the 2+ years since the last post. And as a newbie, I'm just trying to follow the guidelines in the linked video from this announcement...Welcome new users
:lmao:
[size=75]ALWAYS pray for and expect the best, but be prepared for the worst! Life seems to operate a little smoother for me this way[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Wow, forgot all about this thread, LUVMY02CREW! :lol: This was actually my first forum venture and I almost freaked out over a few remarks made to me as a newbie and I wanted to actually bail out of the whole scene. :lol:

I am glad I had support and hung in here. :wink: