Those who have Tonneau covers

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Those who have Tonneau covers

Post by Steve2003 »

I just recently bought a soft Tonneau cover from ebay. I was just wondering what you guys use to take care of your cover? How to keep it nice and clean and shiny. I don't want to use ArmorAll as that stuff is sticky and just attracts dirt. Any advice is helpful.

Thanks

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

ArmorAll. :roll:

I use the "Low Shine" stuff though. Seems to make it look more natural than the glossy stuff. I haven't noticed the "attracts dirt" part but then I tend to put it on sparingly.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

If I have too, will go outside but it was in the cleaning topic and I think it was from Pauleo.....Mcquires(sp) natural shine. Used it last night. It is good
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:... it was in the cleaning topic ...
Detailing, wax, and super secret clean-up tips

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

The body shop guy that I know said not to use ArmorAll If you repaint the paint won't stick that good to the metal. That's if the truck get's rained on and it run's down the side of the truck and leaves streaks down the side. :x When I took it to a carwash I think they used WD40 on the Tonneau cover to make it shine :shock:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HJ is correct :thumb:

It's Meguiar's Natural Shine, vinyl $ rubber protectant :D

Absolutely zero streaks or runs :D

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Thanks for all the info! Have allways liked the Meguiar's products. Will pick some up this weekend.

Steve
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

hey steve...what'd you pay for you tonneau cover?? that is, of course, if ya don't mind me asking.

Gair
Black '02 crew cab-30" BFG's, K & N FIPK, Go Rhino step bars, 2" body lift
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

$99 got it from e-bay brand new, you can find them for that price once in awhile, just keep checking

click here

Steve
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I've been using armor all wipes and been very happy with them. Dunno about long term effects on the cover but they don't drip and run like the spray.

gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

Dumb Q....which do you use...dashboard...leather..what?

gair
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if you use armor all on your tires look closely after a few days they tend to leave a yellow tint to them in my opinion all armor all products are junk :)

this is great stuff for trim and covers
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

gairbear wrote:Dumb Q....which do you use...dashboard...leather..what?

gair
actually none of the ones in the picture. I couldn't find a pic of the ones I got at BJ's. It was a combo pack. One "cleaner" (purple) and one "protectant" (yellow).

Image Image
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

Thanks....
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

I used to use Extang Tonno tonic It left bad streaks down the side of the bed. Now I use soap and water. Still get bad streaks after a good rain on a week dirty truck. I think that fine particulates of dirt collect in and around the snaps on the tonneau and run down the side of the bed with the rain.
I will have to try the Meguiar's Natural Shine, vinyl rubber protectant.
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Retep wrote:I used to use Extang Tonno tonic It left bad streaks down the side of the bed. Now I use soap and water. Still get bad streaks after a good rain on a week dirty truck. I think that fine particulates of dirt collect in and around the snaps on the tonneau and run down the side of the bed with the rain.
I will have to try the Meguiar's Natural Shine, vinyl rubber protectant.
I think you will like it. My truck shows runs readily and I am Pleased with it.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

retep with snaps you will most likely always get runs as you said it collects around them
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]