FACTORY WARRANTY NOTICE ENCLOSED

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

FACTORY WARRANTY NOTICE ENCLOSED

Post by snocat1 »

Has anyone got one of these in the mail from Warranty Activation Headquarters. they are from St. Louis Mo.
How expensive is it and what does it cover? Any help would help because I think my a/c might be done. :shock: because it is not kicking out really cold air, and it is pushing about 95 out
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: FACTORY WARRANTY NOTICE ENCLOSED

Post by F9K9 »

snocat1 wrote:Has anyone got one of these in the mail from Warranty Activation Headquarters. they are from St. Louis Mo.
How expensive is it and what does it cover? Any help would help because I think my a/c might be done. :shock: because it is not kicking out really cold air, and it is pushing about 95 out
I got them alot for my '97. I originally checked on Consumer Reports (I paid for a months online subscription) and there are some pretty decent deals out there and most allow payments.

My warranty expired on my crew in early May with 9,300 miles on it. I got some platinum special with Guardian something or another for $963 on a 7yr/75k plan. It's basically the same as GMs if I have the work done at the dealership where I bought the plan and $100 deductible if worked on elsewhere. Hopefully it will pay off with my HVAC problem in the first 2 months.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

I've have a customer id and a 1-800 number to call? did you get one of these is the mail? also get a interest financing for it :?:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I am as suspicious of mail like that as I am spam emails. I never called them for a quote,

I would IMHO go to consumer reports and check out the extended warranties there. They have reseacrhed them them there. To the best of my knowledge I stumbled upon them while looking at car reviews when I was looking at COs and Canyons.

$10 - $15 bucks to access their research is well worth itt :D

I stumbled on my deal because a coworker's husband is over three dealership service departments and the financial guy thought we were big buddies. :lol:

When you start thinking about the cost of an AT or an ac compressor at their prices today it is a cheap investment. I almost didn't buy mine and now 2 months later I am in major trouble :o

There are various levels of protection and deductables. If you have access to a different rig to get to work then you do not need that option of a loaner vehicle. If you aren't travelling long distances like on a vacation then you do not need that feature.

Just shop around and decide what you need. If GM's quality and my luck was still like it was with my '97 ZR2 I'd say screw it. An alternator, front pads and a set of tires in 6 yrs was all I threw into it.

Now, I wouldn't go without an extended warranty!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

my wife gets those mailings about her colorado.....it has 12000 miles on it. she got her first one about 8 months after she had her truck. it's a aftermarket waranty.
i agree with reed.....check consumer reports,,,,or your dealer.
some dealers will not accept some aftermarket warantys!!!! something to think about!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

f9k9 wrote:When you start thinking about the cost of an AT or an ac compressor at their prices today it is a cheap investment.
another 3k miles and I'll have run out that extended warranty. I haven't had to replace my "AT or ac compressor". Glad I saved the thousand bucks. :wink:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

barch97 wrote:
f9k9 wrote:When you start thinking about the cost of an AT or an ac compressor at their prices today it is a cheap investment.
another 3k miles and I'll have run out that extended warranty. I haven't had to replace my "AT or ac compressor". Glad I saved the thousand bucks. :wink:
I'll remind you of that five years from now :roflmao:
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I'll be over 75k miles by labor day. five years from now... I'd be VERY surprised to still have this truck.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

barch97 wrote:I'll be over 75k miles by labor day. five years from now... I'd be VERY surprised to still have this truck.
My Blazer had over 222k miles when the motor went BOOM. I'm planning on the Crewcab going at least that far and then when it dies, I'll rebuild it and drive it some more, just like I'm doing with the Blazer. I figure that's still cheaper than buying any more of the overpriced stuff on the dealer showrooms! :!:

Besides, Mrs Rusty isn't going to let me buy any more cars or trucks anyway so I might as well keep them around forever! :?
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I was planning to do the same but then I saw this...

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Will melt quietly into the shadows wait my time.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

barch97 wrote:I was planning to do the same but then I saw this...

My wife has had the Solstice set as the background on her laptop for about 8 months now - and about a year after it comes out, she should be wrapping up school, and the Blaze will be paid off - I have the feeling I'll be buying a convertible Pontiac about that time.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

I called my dealer and said not too it might be a scam. He also said that my extended warranty is not over yet. :shock: because he bought his cc at the same time as I did. I'll pushing about 60,000 in a few miles.
Buy the way thanks for the info on here I'm much of a wrench head :mrgreen:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

snocat1 wrote:I called my dealer and said not too it might be a scam. He also said that my extended warranty is not over yet. :shock: because he bought his cc at the same time as I did. I'll pushing about 60,000 in a few miles.
Buy the way thanks for the info on here I'm much of a wrench head :mrgreen:
Just a "heads up" :D

Dealers sell extended warranties that are not GM. Pay no attention to Barch but, I bet if you PM him that he will give you an honest answer :lol:

Spend 15 bucks and look at the luck Barch has had and then look at mine.

It is a coin toss but, at least, walk into it with as much ammo as you can muster.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I finally saw one of these in person out on the road yesterday and it looks AWESOME!!!

The photos don't even come close. The coolest looking car for under $20k EVAR.

I've gotta have one :mrgreen:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

I like that car. There suposed to have quite a bit of performance goodies for them from pontiac also.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

$19,995 base - comes with the 18 inch rims, but no AC, floormats, or antilock brakes.

But you can add just about every option and barely break $25K.

I think theres plane for a smaller displacement turbo down the line - will put it in more of a $26-27K range, and about 220 hp I think. The standard 2.4Liter Ecotec is pretty stout - GM did those engines right - you supposedly can take a stock Saturn/Cobalt powerplant and add parts out of the GM Performance parts guide and easily build a 300-400hp motor.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

barch97 wrote:

I finally saw one of these in person out on the road yesterday and it looks AWESOME!!!

The photos don't even come close. The coolest looking car for under $20k EVAR.

I've gotta have one :mrgreen:
Somehow I can't picture your avatar pic and that car together. Anyone have photo shop? Thay is a sweet ride though.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]