Drug business really messes things up!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Drug business really messes things up!

Post by HenryJ »

Went gathering some more expedition supplies and came to the realization that the drug business is really getting inconvenient.

Ever try to find the old white tip "strike on anything" matches? Drug labs need the phosphorus from the tips, so you can't find them any more. Only "strike on box" matches are available, and the box usually wears out well before 1/2 of the matches are used.

OK, so I'll grab one of those butane micro torches. But I can't find them anywhere :?:
Finally my wife asks about one. It turns out that the crack and heroin users love them! All the torches are locked up in the electronics department.
Not even visible! :!:

We must have a real problem around here, since there were none of the micro torches available :mad: only large propane torches under lock and key.

It is bad enough when you have a cold , and have to seek the manager's permission to buy one capsule that MIGHT contain pseudo ephedrine, now they have taken fire away from us! :rant:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Your rant has it merits.

Nazi or bathtub meth is all over everywhere.. Consuming many a child :!:

The news is not good but "cyrstal or ice" is making a comeback and the bath tub crank is starting to go away for the time being.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

watch the news......every week some dumb#$%^ is making crack or meth in the house with the children there!!!!!
how stupid can they be!!!!! but they are!!!!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Drug business really messes things up!

Post by adrenalnjunky »

HenryJ wrote:....now they have taken fire away from us! :rant:
Take a look at what THESE morons are trying to accomplish.......
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Drug business really messes things up!

Post by HenryJ »

adrenalnjunky wrote:
HenryJ wrote:....now they have taken fire away from us! :rant:
Take a look at what THESE morons are trying to accomplish.......
OH GREAT! Now I am going to have to cut pizza with one of those stupid wheels?

I don't think so...I'm hiding my "Psycho" kitchen knife :lol:

Does this mean that when they outlaw kitchen knives, only outlaws will cook ;) Hmmm, come to think of it I won't be able to light the fire, so cooking is out of the question already :?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I was thinking more along the line that once they take our pointy knives, and blunt all the scissors like kindergarteners - the world goverments will require we all wear some sort of glove or prosthetic device that prevents us from forming fists that could potentially be used for ill doing.

then the big epidemic will be pimp-slapping raging out of control.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Well, here's another thought. Since the idiots in charge are busy banning any potential "weapons" and "drug related" stuff, you can kiss the great american sport of baseball good-bye! A Louisville Slugger makes a nice "weapon". Guess that'll be next on the list. :roll:
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Rusty wrote:Since the idiots in charge are busy banning any potential "weapons" and "drug related" stuff
Don't forget that the current President is a friend of the NRA so at least we'll be able to shoot the crap out of some stuff (er, I mean hunt some things)!! :D
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

coreylubahn wrote:
Rusty wrote:Since the idiots in charge are busy banning any potential "weapons" and "drug related" stuff
Don't forget that the current President is a friend of the NRA so at least we'll be able to shoot the crap out of some stuff (er, I mean hunt some things)!! :D
Ahh, but he's only gonna be there for a few more years and then we get to start sweating again that the next one that gets elected bans all the guns. I know the "Brady Bunch" (aka the anti-gun people) would love to see that. :x
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Yeah but it's kinda funny that when nothing is going on they (the Brady followers) make it seem like gun control is the most important thing in the whole wide world, but once something else goes on (a war, a minor recession, 9-11, Michael Jackson trial, whatever) you hear absolutely nothing about gun control....why? Because law-abiding citizens who purchase guns legally aren't going to blow up buildings, or mow down crowds of people (unless their child has a screw loose and takes the gun to school without permission..why no trigger locks?). Criminals aren't opposed to gun control...what do they care, the don't get them legally anyway...I still don't see what the "Brady Bunch" are so upset over. Maybe they should look into the problem with today's out of control teens, and the illegal gun trade if they want to stop gun violence...I don't plan on mowing anyone down anytime soon (but then again I buy all my guns legally...although at gun shows).
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I hope everyone knows that the assault rifle and high capacity magazine ban is a thing of the past. :thumb: :bounce:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

f9k9 wrote:I hope everyone knows that the assault rifle and high capacity magazine ban is a thing of the past. :thumb: :bounce:
I had my Mini-14 and 2 30-round clips way before the ban! :wink:

I have no idea why anyone ever considered a Mini-14 an assault rifle though. :?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rusty wrote:
f9k9 wrote:I hope everyone knows that the assault rifle and high capacity magazine ban is a thing of the past. :thumb: :bounce:
I had my Mini-14 and 2 30-round clips way before the ban! :wink:

I have no idea why anyone ever considered a Mini-14 an assault rifle though. :?
Ignorance as usual :twisted:

There was a Government model of the mini that had a dangerous folding stock, a lethal flash suppressor and a killer bayonet lug :D

Like you couldn't have taped a "preban kitchen knife" to it. :lol:
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

It was all about how the guns looked...."ooooh, these guns look like gangster guns so we better not sell them"....stupid people. It sucks that Brady was shot like he was....but it happens when you're in a high profile position like his (or if you're a drug runner and true gangster). My dad has a pre-ban AR15 (semi-automatic M16 for those that don't know) and a Chinese made Mak-90 (semi-automatic AK47) that he bought because he thinks they look awesome (I happen to agree) and also because they are very accurate, especially that AR15. But he also keeps them locked in a safe with trigger locks on them so if someone broke into the house they aren't getting his guns to sell on the open market or use to commit further crimes. I guess it's like they say "what some people think is gold others think is trash"...I love the look of those two guns...others think they look like gangster guns and therefore somthing only befitting a criminal. Oh well...some people are beyond help and rehibilitation.
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

OK waaaay of topic.... i think. But anyway, the best answer to most of the problems in this world is not the tools of violence is the users. Where does it all start? HMMMM The parents. People need to look inward toward themselves and think my 5 year old really shouldnt be roaming the town by themselves with his/her friends. Or Could I do a better job of being a parent? Most of the time its easier to say yeah go play, and get out of my hair than it is to keep them around. I could go on and on but i am sure 90% of yall get the idea.

...IMO...
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

RocK wrote:...People need to look inward toward themselves and think my 5 year old really shouldnt be roaming the town by themselves with his/her friends. Or Could I do a better job of being a parent? ...
I know that every parent feels that there is something that they could have done better, or at least those that care do.
That is just not going to fix it though.
Everyone that I have as friends and family are not the problem. My little world does not have these problems, yet I am affected by the actions of those that I protect them from. It is indirect, but affects us all the same.

How do we deal with it? Adapt. Do I really need a small torch for soldering? Yes, and I was able to get one. Even if it was not possible to obtain could I have found another option? Sure.
It is just frustrating when you are in your happy little world and someone slaps you upside the head with restrictions , put upon you by the actions of those who do not care for themselves, or others.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

I think maybe some people missed where i was going. If you can get past all the bull in my post it comes down to this. Better children means a better adults. Better values when they are young are to insure better values when they are older. Not to say that competent people are the ones to blame. I have two kids and I often worry if I am doing a good job. Then one day a buddy says to me "Parents that worry about doing a good job usually do a good job." It is our job to insure that our children are brought up with the values and morals necessary to live in the world. By the way when i say "our" i mean as a society (global). I am not saying your community is the problem HJ. If a child is prejudiced whos fault is it? It is not something that is born into as a part of someone, it is learned and taught. Just like violence.

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I see where you are going, but it just isn't working.

I will grant you that better children growing up to better adults is a nice dream.
Too bad that one good apple can't make the whole barrel better. I find that the bad apple tends to spoil the whole barrel.

I am not saying , give up. I guess we will have to deal with the inconveniences that others burden us with.

We all do our best to make a better world, and hope it will make some small difference.
This is alot like the reason that this forum exisits. Making things a little better :mrgreen:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

True about the bad apples. But if you have enough good apples the bad ones are harder to smell.

"Watch This"

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

RocK wrote:...if you have enough good apples the bad ones are harder to smell.
True, but big brother protects us and says if I smell a bad apple none of you can be in the barrel, hence my dilemma.

- ThunderII KE7CSK