Exploring the usefullness of 4 Lo

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Exploring the usefullness of 4 Lo

Post by ludwis »

$20,000 Crewcab in 4 Lo
$20.00 Rope

Ripping a stubborn stump out of the ground in a matter of seconds...Priceless

2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Great, now my better half has seen you do it and now my mulch hauling duties have been expanded to lowly stump pulling.:lol:

To think I had her convinced that her unlimited needs for creek stone and used bricks killed my ZR2 and that is why I needed the ZR5 last year :!:

Now when I laugh out loud, she immediately appears over my rt shoulder to see what is so funny and witnessed your John Deere imitation :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I know exactly what this is like. Years ago I had an old eucalyptus tree stump in my front yard, it had been there years since I bought my house. One day I decided I wanted it out, so I started digging and digging. A couple of my neighbors from across the street, pretty old guys, in fact one has since passed, came over to help me. One of them brought over an electric chain saw and we were digging and sawing but the chain saw kept hitting dirt and dulling the chain. So I went and bought a big ole gas powered chain saw just to get the stump out of the front yard. The one guy from across the street would come over every day while I was at work and dig and saw and I felt bad for him because he looked like he was going to die! He said it had a tap root. So I said screw it I'm gonna yank this thing out with my truck and they said no way you'll never be able to pull this out with your truck. So I pulled right up to it with the front of my truck, hooked up a couple ropes to my front hooks, put it in 4 wheel drive low, put it in reverse and yanked that damn stump right out of there!! You should have seen the look on these old guys faces. That thing must have weighed about 500 pounds.

Steve

p.s. never under estimate the CC
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Our truck are good for pulling dumpsters too. Didn't need 4LO, but pulled it about 20 ft all the same. (Had to build a shadow box around the dumpster at work and needed room for the power auger). So in summary...anytime on the powered end of a tow strap or rope is a good time. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

ADA BOY!
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

A few weeks ago at school, somebody parked their Mid 90s Honda Accord about 6 inches away from my friend's driverside door of his Saturn Ion. (and it was not a parking spot...he parks on the end of a row in the parking garage) Also, he is a bit on the heavy side, coming close to 400lbs. There's no way he's crawling over from the passenger side and there's no way he can get in the driverside. We called parking services to get it towed, but they said that he would have to pay for it. So I decided to take it into my own hands :) I could have easily got in his passenger side door, crawled over, and backed it out for him, but what's the fun in that??? I pulled the ZR5 up, put it in 4Lo, attached my tow straps to my hooks and to the Accord, and yanked it right out, then pulled around front of it then and pulled it forward! It was pretty funny, we all got a good laugh out of it. :lol: I would have loved to have seen the look on the face of the Accord's owner when they noticed their car was sitting in the middle of the turn at the end of the row!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
badandy2003cc4x4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sounds like my wifes story

Post by badandy2003cc4x4 »

She comes home and finds a strange car in the drive way a couple of months ago ( just after we moved into the house) Her first intentions were to ram it , thank god she didn't. She called the police and the cars owners showed up when the officer did so the officer gave him his parking ticket in person. I told her she should have done what you did when she told me the story. Which brings me to the question how do I get my truck back? I think i lost the crew. My wife has been driving it almost exclusively in my absence so I may have just inherited her mazda 6. She says she likes he truck better and it is easier to put our son in.
[size=75]2003 Sonoma SLS Akimoto conical air filter, soft tonneauver[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

start with finding out who wears the pants in your house then that person gets the crew :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

jeff024 wrote:start with finding out who wears the pants in your house then that person gets the crew :)
OUCH! :poke:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

f9k9 wrote:Great, now my better half has seen you do it and now my mulch hauling duties have been expanded to lowly stump pulling.:lol:

To think I had her convinced that her unlimited needs for creek stone and used bricks killed my ZR2 and that is why I needed the ZR5 last year :!:

Now when I laugh out loud, she immediately appears over my rt shoulder to see what is so funny and witnessed your John Deere imitation :roflmao:

I told ya' :lol:

Came home tonight and the front yard was cut (she likes to mow with a push mower for the exercise) and nothing seemed out of place. I changed and did a little work on the CC :D

Finished up with the crew and went out back to work with the pup and discovered two new stumps of trees (under four inches in diameter), an ornamental bush stump and a brand new brush pile to burn. :shock:

Of course, she never mentioned it as we passed in the doorway as she was enroute to her job (7P-7A) in the emergency room.

She did it with a pruning saw, ain't never showing her a chainsaw :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]