i think all the h2 fans will love this

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

i think all the h2 fans will love this

Post by malkavian »

[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya, thats good. its steering cant handle that heavy of vehicle. there is also pics of a h2 floating around that is flipped on the con :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

What's funny (or sad depending on how you look at it) is the people who waste their money on H2's think they are buying the luxury version of a military tank. They don't understand all they are really getting is a rebodied Chevy Tahoe (with an obviously overloaded suspension and steering)! :lol:

There is a picture floating around somewhere of an H2 that got into a head-on with a Dodge Ram pickup. The H2 obviously got the worst damage in that one. I think the caption on the picture was "H2 - It only looks tough!" Pretty much sums it up!
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

I've seen that video before and laughed my @$% off when I saw it. H2s are strictly luxoury vehicles but the original Hummer looks pretty tough. Anyone know much about those or have any good videos. The only thing that I see about them is that they are long and look like they would be easy to high center. Those were based off of the original military Hum-V and were made mainly as a desert vehicle and most Baja vehicles are long anyway. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I know squat about Bajas.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Yellow Hammer wrote:I've seen that video before and laughed my @$% off when I saw it. H2s are strictly luxoury vehicles but the original Hummer looks pretty tough. Anyone know much about those or have any good videos. The only thing that I see about them is that they are long and look like they would be easy to high center. Those were based off of the original military Hum-V and were made mainly as a desert vehicle and most Baja vehicles are long anyway. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I know squat about Bajas.

I remember seeing the original H2 prototype. It was basically a downsized H1, complete with the same fully independent suspension and drivetrain design the H1 had. Now if they had stuck to that idea, but NOOOOO, somebody decided they had to cut corners (and cost) and now we have the H2 - POS edition they sell now! :!:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

OUCH!!
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

On a mildly related topic - Saw a H3 in the parkinglot at church the other day.

I like the overal asthetic of the H3, it's not as gaudy or bulbous as the H2 - while it still carries the general design scheme.

I have no idea what the pricing is on it, but I think the H3 is a much more pratical vehicle -- now just to see if it has any decent off-road ability, and/or a lift released for it.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

adrenalnjunky wrote:On a mildly related topic - Saw a H3 in the parkinglot at church the other day.

I like the overal asthetic of the H3, it's not as gaudy or bulbous as the H2 - while it still carries the general design scheme.

I have no idea what the pricing is on it, but I think the H3 is a much more pratical vehicle -- now just to see if it has any decent off-road ability, and/or a lift released for it.
Yeah! That was the picture I saw! :thumb:

I saw a review on the preproduction H3's. It's in the Feb '05 issue of "Four Wheeler" magazine. It's based on the Colorado, complete with the I5. Need I say more? :roll: Supposedly it was done on the Rubicon but nowhere in the article will you see any pictures of the H3's on anything other than hard packed dirt road! :lol:
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

they may not be all that tough but if you're lookin' for super pimp one...

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

WOW And It's Only $110,000.00......Hmmmm I Could Buy That Or I Can Buy 5 More Crewcabs To Go With The One I Got And It Would Cost Me About The Same Amount.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Hey, Yo! Check it dawg, you be pimpin'! :roflmao:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I always liked this one :)

This was one of the first shops to do a complete bodydrop on a H2. They got ahold of like 6 of them from GM that were damaged on a transporter. GM pulled the motor/tranny and some other running gear out of the H2's and sold the rest to this shop.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Lol, I challenge them to carry a spare tire. Considering another 50lbs would probably set it on the frame. :)

Trucks go up and cars go down but do they listen ? .....
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

with a well setup 4 link and the proper airbag setup - I think that truck could probably rival a stock crew for ground to frame clearance with the bags fully inflated.

And it is sitting on the frame in that pic, either the frame, or the floorpan has been cut and raised to make the rocker panels flush with the bottom of the frame. That's what is referred to as a bodydrop.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

If its a body drop, 99% chance its the frame thats cut...
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

One thing is for sure. I seriously doubt it goes off road, not that you would really want to 4 wheel a H2 anyway, after seeing the video that started this thread! :lol:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

SomeCrew wrote:If its a body drop, 99% chance its the frame thats cut...
Actually, with a BD you usually cut the floor and raise it, or channel it so that the frame can suck up inside the channels. That's why there's usually less headroom after a BD is completed.

There have been some shops scratchbuilding the frames and completely replacing them, but that;s not the most common way. (That's referred to as a "stock-floor bodydrop")

This first generation Blazer is bodydropped at least 3.5-4 inches - look at the floor....

Where this would be as low as a 2nd gen S10 can go without a bodydrop

Think bout it this way -- the S10 - 2wd or 4wd sits on top of the frame rails, just like most trucks. The Rocker panel is usually just flush with the top of the rail, or only slightly lower. Any way - to get your truck to lay the rocker panel flat on the ground - the bottom of the frame is as low as the truck will go. So you have to lower the cab/body down to match the bottom of the frame, or lower , depending on how low you want your roofline.

[/img]
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS