Music?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Music?

Post by SomeCrew »

I figured I would start an off-the-wall topic just to get a taste of what kind of music everyone listens to.

Me personally, I listen to a lot of alternative, punk rock, and country. You all probably dont know who Our Lady Peace is, but they are my favorite band. After that I like:

Country: Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Gary Allan, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, Blue County, Montgomery Gentry, Brooks &; Dunn, etc...

Alternative and Punk: Trapt, Blink 182, Sum 41, Seether, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Story of the Year, New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Breaking Benjamins, Three Days Grace, Crossfade, Green Day, The Used, Switchfoot, The Ataris, Chevelle, Feul, Oasis, Disturbed, Evanescence, etc...
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

<
<
<
<
<
<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PARROT HEAD
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I would have to say there really isnt much I cant listen to just depends on my mood just dont care for classical.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

classic hard rock, not as much anymore. Started listening to country the last couple of years, don't know why used to hate it when I was younger. Toby Keith and Brooks & Dunn are some of my favorites.
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

SomeCrew wrote:You all probably dont know who Our Lady Peace is
I Believe Many Years Ago They Opened For Van Halen (w/ Sammy Hagar) When I Saw Them At The Nissan Pavillion.

I Listen To Country Myself Also, Also Used To Hate It When I Was Younger, I Listen To Everything In The Spectrum Except RAP....For some Reason I Cant Stand That, But I'll Listen To All Other Types Of Music.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I couldn't stand listening to country until I started college... Ever since then, that's pretty much all I listen to now-a-days. Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Brooks and Dunn, Brad Paisley, Diamond Rio, Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Lonestar, Tim McGraw, Nickel Creek, Toby Keith, Craig Morgan, and Phil Vassar are my favorites. I was lucky enough to see Kenny Chesney and Rascal Flatts live last year when they came to Cleveland! It was a great concert. ~ I'm also a Buffet fan!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

I listen to quite a variety, mostly classic rock, 50s and 60s jazz(Dave Brubeck), funk(Herbie Hancock), fusion, even some of the old school country like Johnny Bush. And no rap for me either......

Hooray for not having anything to do at work! :lol:
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

mostly country here!! with a little of the old rock and rool and occasionaly some jazz!! 8)

NO head banging, rap, jungle rock stuff!!!! leads to headaches!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

robert earl keen
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

somecrew, I listen to the same stuff as you man. I belive that I am a little older so I am not sure of some of those bands.-The Used-the Ataris- I am a 90's guy :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Oh, then you got to get into the new alternative/punk bands like The Used and The Ataris, and The Killers, and Jimmy Eat World and stuff, really good songs.
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

ya I like the killer and jimmy eat world cant realy name all the songs like some of the old stuff but i know the names :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

You gotta like Our Lady Peace, though...

Bubaloo, I KNOW you gotta like some Our Lady Peace, since they are from Canada!

Edit: here is pretty much all alternative/punk bands that I like..I may have missed one or two...

OUR LADY PEACE! (the best), Trapt, Blink 182, Sum 41, Seether, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Story of the Year, New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Breaking Benjamins, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, Maroon 5, Jet, Hot Hot Heat, Hoobastank, Finch, All American Rejects, 3 Doors Down, AFI, Audio Slave, Crossfade, Bowling For Soup, Green Day, The Used, Switchfoot, The Ataris, Chevelle, Shinedown, Feul, Oasis, Saliva, Disturbed, Evanescence, The Killers, The Strokes, Jimmy Eat World, Smile Empty Soul, Staind...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HJ?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:HJ?
:lol:
Sorry all , but I'm not even a little bit country ;)
You know what happens if you play a country album backwards, right? Your truck runs, your dog comes back to life and your wife doesn't run off to Vegas with the neighbor.
I'm suprised the suicide rate isn't higher for country lovers :roll:

:lol: Now that I have started a war that I can not win...

I like that old time "rock-n-roll" some of the '50's-'60's stuff like Jan and Dean, Beach Boys, etc. Add some Beatles tunes and lots of late '70's-mid '80's - Van Halen, Boston, Styx, Cheap Trick , The Cars, Journey, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Led Zepplin, Nazareth, Meatloaf ,Don Henley and soundtracks , Top Gun, Heavy Metal, etc.

Some of the newer stuff is ok too.

EDIT: Reed reminded me that I forgot to add the Eagles to my above list :roll: I'm sure that there are many more...

I guess you get the idea :D
Last edited by HenryJ on Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:
f9k9 wrote:HJ?
:lol:
Sorry all , but I'm not even a little bit country ;)
You know what happens if you play a country album backwards, right? Your truck runs, your dog comes back to life and your wife doesn't run off to Vegas with the neighbor.
I'm suprised the suicide rate isn't higher for country lovers :roll:

:lol: Now that I have started a war that I can not win...

I like that old time "rock-n-roll" some of the '50's-'60's stuff like Jan and Dean, Beach Boys, etc. Add some Beatles tunes and lots of late '70's-mid '80's - Van halen, Boston, Styx, Cheap Trick , The Cars, Journey, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Led Zepplin, Nazareth, Meatloaf ,Don Henley and soundtracks , Top Gun, Heavy Metal, etc.

Some of the newer stuff is ok too.

I guess you get the idea :D

Well, had to hear from you! Like a lot of the new Country and wetern, classic rock.

I saw joplin, the airplane Led Zepplin and hendrix in LA. Just like a lot of stuff but nothing really new. I passed up Buffett when I was in police school in Brunswick, Ga in '77 when he was playing in Jacksonville, FL.

Some stupid paper I was working on prevented me from seeing him and I finally saw him this past August some 25 yrs plus later.

Well worth it! I have my "wife's" Sony MP3 player stoked with it for my morning trail runs :D

I think she has used it once since a yr ago Dec :lol:

Seger and the Eagles are always my favorites, as well.
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Old rock is OK sometimes, I like Guns N Roses, ACDC, Metallica, Alice N Chains, and so on and so forth...
Hinch068
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Hinch068 »

HUGE Pearl Jam fan
2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

WOW no one added BEN HARPER, JACK JOHNSON, JOHN MAYER, DAVE MATHEWS, AND MY FAVORITE PINK FLOYD .... :D I really dont know what catagory they fall under, I used to listen to country cause it calmed me down.. After finding BEN HARPER thats all I listen to.. anyone else
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

I like me some John Mayer....forgot about him...
mattfu
Crew
Crew

Post by mattfu »

all you country guys looking for some 4x4 music look for a singer named Corb Lund or the Corb Lund band, get the cd with song "truck got stuck" , great country music about getting fords stuck in the mud. hes canadian so might be hard for some of you to find, but well worth a listen if you like rock but can stand some country.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Thanks for the heads up :thumb:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

SomeCrew wrote:Old rock is OK sometimes, I like Guns N Roses, ACDC, Metallica, Alice N Chains, and so on and so forth...
What he said. Don't forget Led Zeppelin.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

I mostly listen to the same stuff as somecrew....with a little pink floyd added.

Oh...BTW...I don't think Alice in Chains is "old" just yet.
Black '02 crew cab-30" BFG's, K & N FIPK, Go Rhino step bars, 2" body lift
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I keep my XM on the "70s" except when disco comes on and then I bounce around. BTW, I saw Led Zeppelin at the Hollywood Bowl (also the Airplane and Janice at different concerts there)Image
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Oldies from late 50's to early to mid 70's, country
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

f9k9 wrote:I keep my XM on the "70s" except when disco comes on and then I bounce around. BTW, I saw Led Zeppelin at the Hollywood Bowl (also the Airplane and Janice at different concerts there)Image

I never knew you where an old rock and roller. Even though my hair is only an inch long now, ( It was to my waist in the 70s) my son still calls me an old hippie. :lol: :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

1. HAWAIIAN! Ever watch that old mitsubishi commercial, Meet Joe Black or 50 first dates? The song at the end is by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (say that 5x's fast) - Over the rainbow/What a wonderful world. Beautiful song and the dude weighed >800#

2. Country, RNB, Motown oldies, techno, dance

3. Rap, reggae, oldies rock/country (Forrest Gump soundtrack is fricking awesome - vietnam era stuff)

5. rock, alternative, swing/jazz, some classical

That pretty much covers it. The only thing I cant stand is new age and gospel really.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:
I never knew you where an old rock and roller. Even though my hair is only an inch long now, ( It was to my waist in the 70s) my son still calls me an old hippie. :lol: :lol:

One just never knows one another, huh? :wink:

I saw the concerts wearing white walls :lol: I'd seriously look for a pic of me and my 69 Camaro but, don't think the site is ready for me in white bell bottoms and sandals. :lol:

Bob Seger is the MAN :thumb:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I've been in a country phase for a while now...Kenny Chesney is my favorite. Going to see him in Indy this weekend with Dierks Bentley and Carrie Underwood.

My overall favorite band is Korn. It's good venting frustration music. :rock:

All time favorite band is still, and always will be, Led Zeppelin.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Like Country and there is a good alternative radio station in Madison Wisconsin called wjjo and a decent web site www.wjjo.com.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

I Like country rock and alternative. If we are going web site routs, there is a good rock/alternative station out of Ft. Wayne Indiana that is great. www.989thebear.com check it out. Live streaming.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

AZS10Crew wrote:I've been in a country phase for a while now...Kenny Chesney is my favorite. Going to see him in Indy this weekend with Dierks Bentley and Carrie Underwood.

My overall favorite band is Korn. It's good venting frustration music. :rock:

All time favorite band is still, and always will be, Led Zeppelin.

My son likes Korn. I listen to it but I'm too old for the Mosh Pit. I'd have to take a bat or a gun to the pit. :lmao: :punch: :punch: :punch: :kick: :lmao:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

f9k9 wrote:

A little Bob Seger ................ You Tube is great for surfing music vids.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:
f9k9 wrote:

A little Bob Seger ................ You Tube is great for surfing music vids.
Great link to one of Seger's best tunes TURN THE PAGEImage
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

I listen to just about everything, except country. For some reason it deosnt fly well with my eardrums. I listen to anything from Iron Maiden to Snoop Dog.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

BADs Crew wrote:Don't forget Led Zeppelin.
Oh, I used to have all the Zeps in 8 track tape. Got my music collection stollen from me 2x. Now I don't collect as much as I used to. I was in Walmart this morning and bought the best of Megadeth and the latest from Nickle Back. I like it all though, some classical, country, bluegrass, folk, salsa, merengue. When I need to stay awake on the road, I slip in some Pantera or Linkin Park and jam.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I get everything free from Morpheus
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

jeff024 wrote:I get everything free from Morpheus
Do they speak english or is this just the only clip I find.
Morpheus .....They rock though.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

BADs Crew wrote:
jeff024 wrote:I get everything free from Morpheus
Do they speak english or is this just the only clip I find.
Morpheus .....They rock though.
sorry this is what I ment
MORPHEUS