Want to put together a truck recovery kit

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Want to put together a truck recovery kit

Post by Walt »

Hey everyone, after selling my winch (that was never used) to Brule, I am again getting the urge to buy some type of "off-road insurance".

But instead of a winch, I'm going to get a Hi-Lift Jack and some accessories.

I've never used one of these, but I've been told that they can double as a winch in a tight spot, and will work fairly well if you don't mind taking time. This is exactly what I need, but I need some help in finding it.

I'm looking for the cheapest place to get one, as well as any recommened recovery accessories, like the wheel strap, curved bumper strap, truck bed mount, good towing straps, etc...

Here is what I have on my list so far (I'd rather find somewhere that sells for less than the prices listed here):
48" Hi-Lift Jack - $60
Hi-Lift Bed Mount for Jack - $30
Handle Isolator - $10
Hi-Lift Off Road Base - $40
Hi-Lift Wheel Lift - $35

I can pick up the other stuff locally (towing straps/chains, hooks, etc...).

Any information would be greatly appreciated :D

Peace out!
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Want to put together a truck recovery kit

Post by F9K9 »

wamason wrote:Hey everyone, after selling my winch (that was never used) to Brule, I am again getting the urge to buy some type of "off-road insurance"..................Hi-Lift Off Road Base - $40...........
Could give you treated piece of lumber (4"x!2"X12) for shipping costs but, no choice of colors :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Want to put together a truck recovery kit

Post by killian96ss »

wamason wrote:Here is what I have on my list so far (I'd rather find somewhere that sells for less than the prices listed here):
48" Hi-Lift Jack - $60
Hi-Lift Bed Mount for Jack - $30
Handle Isolator - $10
Hi-Lift Off Road Base - $40
Hi-Lift Wheel Lift - $35

I can pick up the other stuff locally (towing straps/chains, hooks, etc...).

Any information would be greatly appreciated :D

Peace out!
I carry everything you have listed above plus Hi-Lift's winching kit, and bumper lift kit. I also carry one 20' recovery strap, two 30' towing straps, 4000# come along, and a good shovel. :wink: I have used most of these items before, except the wheel lift. I bought everything at Summit, except for the isolator and shovel. Their prices were about $10 less on each item you have listed.

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Cool. I checked Summit but I guess I didn't look hard enough. Also, there is a separate kit to buy for winching?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

wamason wrote:Also, there is a separate kit to buy for winching?
It is called the Off Road Kit.

Image Image

Summit part # BLM-ORK $49.88. :)

Steve
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

tis a sweet setup