2007 CAMARO

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

2007 CAMARO

Post by jeff024 »

[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Told you they were better than that crustang
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

yes it is much better than the stang
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I don't think it is better, yet. The Mustang is in production and can be seen first hand.

That artists rendering can change quite a bit once they "De-engineer" to make the doors light enough to be left open for more that a few seconds, and raise it enough to clear the maximum pot hole. Lots can change in the production vehicle.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

yes it can BUT its still a great lookin car :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:yes it can BUT its still a great lookin car :)
Agreed :D

But the 1999 Sema crew cab was good looking too, and you know what showed up on the lots ;)

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Ok, since I've been a total motor mouth all afternoon, I might as well get into this discussion too! I think the smaller pic looks more like a Camaro, especially the grill. The other one, with the extra lights and the bar going across that sloped back grill, just doesn't look right. I can't quite place what it is, but it just doesn't look Camaro-ish if you get what I mean. The Mustang looks like a Mustang.
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

No, the crustang looks like a terd with 4 wheels... :lol:
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Neither one is going into production. Those were both Popular Hot Rodding Magazine artist renderings of what they want a new Camaro to look like from a few years ago. Last I heard GM still had no plans to bring back the Camaro or Firebird.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Well thats weird because I didnt see it in a popluar hot-rod mag or tv show, i saw it in a few other magazines, both claiming that GM developed them...
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/featur ... r_5camaro/

Drawings were done by a teenager...Kris Horton...on his computer. Not affiliated with GM at all.

And here's his updated rendering...

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/featur ... _Reloaded/

He wants to work for GM, but last I knew he didn't.
Last edited by AZS10Crew on Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

*INSERT LOTS OF CUSS WORDS HERE*

THAT STINKS!
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

SomeCrew wrote:*INSERT LOTS OF CUSS WORDS HERE*

THAT STINKS!
Tell me about it. Ever since I bought my 99 Hugger Orange Z28 a few years ago (and then traded it in on the crew cab a couple years later) I've followed the F-Body community religously hoping for a 5th Gen. No luck so far... :?
[size=75]Mark
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

New camaro would be great!!!!!!!
Second grill on the first car sweet. :P
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

good newcomings to f-body dreams i cried when they put out the crappy ssr and retired the comaro
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

I have to agree with Rusty on this one. There is something about it that just doesn't look right. It's cool but it just doesn't seem to look like a camaro. It looks more like an Italian sports car rather than the good ole American muscle car look. I think the Mustang at least looks like a Stang. It would be nice if Chevy did come out with the camaro again and if they do, I hope they don't screw it up.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
Eric H
Crew
Crew

Post by Eric H »

You are correct, those are renderings done by Chris Horton, a regular over at camaroz28.com. There is a VERY strong rumor that the Camaro name could possibily be brought back for the the 2007 model year, however it more than likely be part of a different platform. R.I.P. F-Body. :(

-Eric H
[size=75][b]2001 Chevy S-10 LS Ext Cab 4x4[/b] -2" BL; US Wheel Stars; 30x9.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers; home made topper; RF 800a2; Two RF He2 12"
[b][url=http://photos.yahoo.com/negativez0]1995 White Camaro Convertible 3.4 A4[/url] -[i]TRADED IN![/i][/b] -RK-Sport Big Block Hood & Sport Wing; Black & Blue Pearl Racing Stripes; 17x9½" König Monsoons; Flowmaster w/ Quad 2½" Tips [/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

AZS10Crew wrote:Neither one is going into production. Those were both Popular Hot Rodding Magazine artist renderings of what they want a new Camaro to look like from a few years ago. Last I heard GM still had no plans to bring back the Camaro or Firebird.
I thought I saw that thing somewhere before! Just couldn't remember where. Come to think of it, I can't remember a lot of things these days. I'm geezin'.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Eric H wrote:You are correct, those are renderings done by Chris Horton, a regular over at camaroz28.com. There is a VERY strong rumor that the Camaro name could possibily be brought back for the the 2007 model year, however it more than likely be part of a different platform. R.I.P. F-Body. :(

-Eric H
Knowing GM...it will probably be a FWD 5 cylinder. :!:
[size=75]Mark
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I could see them building it on the GTO platform
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

jeff024 wrote:I could see them building it on the GTO platform

Having only seen one new GTO, I saw it within the last couple of weeks on I-75 while making a run to the Vet's office.

I was a little distracted and thought I was coming up on a Sunfire. Yep, I was speeding and sometimes an older cop will let you slide overlook a brother or retired brother for speeding as a small professional "perk" but, a rookie will nail you anyway.

I then noticed the dual exhausts and thought it was an "M6" (or M9) or whatever Ophra gave to that audience.

To make a long story, the kid saw my "school bus" looking CC coming up fast started to kick it in but, backed off and I never realized it was a GTO until I saw the side emblems and then the rear veiw mirror image of the retro hood scoops.

It may be a wonderful car but, still looked like a J-body pontiac to me
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Funny the GTO should come up. My roomates girlfriend has a new GTO. Well had as of last night. On her way home from work last night she decided to swap paint with a guard-rail head on doing about 20 or 30 or the speed limit. I was in the hospital all night with him and her, she is OK except for neck and back pains, but the car will no longer be among us.

Yes they are a j-body car, but with 500hp and 500fp of tourque, its a very fast j-body...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

SomeCrew wrote:Yes they are a j-body car, but with 500hp and 500fp of tourque, its a very fast j-body...
Was this one highly modified? The stock GTO's only have 400hp and 400 ft. lbs. of torque. Even the 2006 ZO6 with it's 427 doesn't have 500 ft. lbs. of torque. If you superchargerd a new GTO you could get pretty close to those #'s. :D

Steve
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

thats what i meant, 400/400...my bad....but it was bone stock and now its a little less than bone stock...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

SomeCrew wrote:it was bone stock and now its a little less than bone stock...
Is it going to be fixed or totaled? If totaled, it would be worth buying back for the engine & tranny alone. :)

Steve
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

SomeCrew wrote:thats what i meant, 400/400...my bad....but it was bone stock and now its a little less than bone stock...
400hp? :shock:

I really didn't think they had that much. I'm impressed! And to think the Vette is 500hp!
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

I am pretty sure its going to be fixed, there didnt seem to be any major frame damage or motor damage or anything, just cosmetic. Every panel except for the roof needs to be replaced...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Rusty wrote:400hp? :shock:

I really didn't think they had that much. I'm impressed! And to think the Vette is 500hp!
The 2005 GTO basically gets the same 400hp 6.0L LS2 as the base model Vette. The Vette will still handle better though. The 2006 Z06 gets the nice 510hp 7.0L 427 LS7. :drool: There is a guy in our Impala club who just placed his order for a yellow 06 Z06. Lucky SOB. :roll:

Steve
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Did they go to the 6.0 now? Last I knew it was still the 340HP LS1. Of course I haven't paid much attention to them since I got rid of my F-body.

I loved that LS1 engine though. Super strong. My Z28 dynoed at 305HP at the rear wheels with only a high flow intake and open exhaust (after cat) with an automatic tranny. They always underrated the F-bodies by a lot I think to keep the Vette owners happy thinking they had a much more powerful car. :)
[size=75]Mark
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

AZS10Crew wrote:Did they go to the 6.0 now? Last I knew it was still the 340HP LS1.
They made the switch this year with the new C6 Vette, GTO, and even the SSR. The new base model C6 is only 2 tenths slower than the 2004 Z06! I think the LS2 is like 364 cubic inches.
They always underrated the F-bodies by a lot I think to keep the Vette owners happy thinking they had a much more powerful car. :)
When the Vettes and Camaros came with the LS1 they were actually very very close in hp, but GM didn't want the Camaro to seem as fast as the Vette. :roll:

Steve
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

You guys are too funny :lol: , my wife's been wanting to get a Camero for awhile now and I told her we would only get one if they came out with a new one. So I showed her this thread, at first she only saw the pictures and she was like, oh that doesn't look like a Camero, then she said nah she didn't like it. Same as everybody else, the first picture was ok but the second one was over the top. We think that the 2005 mustang looks really good but just can't bring ourselves to do the ford thing. One good thing is if they do come out with the new Camero we won't be trading in my CC for it :!: . We would be trading in her Suzuki XL7 for it!! :thumb:

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Camaro's are a dime a dozen. And there is noth'n more fund to drive.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

quickbiker wrote:Camaro's are a dime a dozen. And there is noth'n more fund to drive.
Dime a dozen? Where are you looking? Last I checked, the '67 I sold for $2500 about 15 years ago I would have to remortgage the house to buy today! Wish I'd kept it now! :(
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Rusty wrote:Dime a dozen? Where are you looking? Last I checked, the '67 I sold for $2500 about 15 years ago I would have to remortgage the house to buy today! Wish I'd kept it now! :(
Well, the third gens anyhow, and later ones. I got a buddy that has a 69 Firebird, sweet.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

quickbiker wrote:
Rusty wrote:Dime a dozen? Where are you looking? Last I checked, the '67 I sold for $2500 about 15 years ago I would have to remortgage the house to buy today! Wish I'd kept it now! :(
Well, the third gens anyhow, and later ones. I got a buddy that has a 69 Firebird, sweet.
I figured you were talking about something other than the 1st gens. Those are out of reach of all but Doctors, Lawyers and pretty much anyone else in the solid 6 figure income bracket! The only people like me (us po' folk) that have 1st gens are the ones that were smart enough to hang onto them 20 years ago. I wasn't! :(

I know someone who has a '67 or '68 (not sure which) Firebird convertible with the 400 motor and every option you could get that year. He's had it for ages and he ain't partin' with it either! Smart guy!
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

First Gens can be had for not too much money...if you don't mind working on them a little. :)
[size=75]Mark
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

AZS10Crew wrote:First Gens can be had for not too much money...if you don't mind working on them a little...
Yep, I have seen them in the $3000 dollar range, but they usually are not complete, need floorboards and lots of body work.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

HenryJ wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:First Gens can be had for not too much money...if you don't mind working on them a little...
Yep, I have seen them in the $3000 dollar range, but they usually are not complete, need floorboards and lots of body work.
That's half the fun, isn't it? :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

AZS10Crew wrote:...That's half the fun, isn't it?
Well replacing floorboards is not on the top of my fun list, but I can think of worse things ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:
That's better than what they cost where I am. I've seen what I would call not much more than a rusted bare body shell going for $5000. If it even runs and moves under it's own power? Triple that amount! :shock: I think about the all original '69 Z/28 I passed up 20 years ago for $1200 and... :cry:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rusty wrote:... I think about the all original '69 Z/28 I passed up 20 years ago for $1200 and... :cry:
I think everyone has one of those sob stories.
Mine is a 1970 Corvette convertible , the engine was not correct, and it needed a top and paint. $1500 was a lot of money then, but I should have bought it :cry:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

But, to panic with the oil embargo of 73 and trade a low mileage 69
Z28 for a '67 beetle and pay "boot"?

Where is that dag nabit duck, will drown it myself. :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Oh, I have many sob stories. Let's see, the '63 Impala SS409, the '65 Mustang GT notchback, the '66 Riviera, '68 Chevelle Nomad (wagon) with factory 327ci/350hp, M21 4 speed (with bench seat no less) and factory 4.11 posi 12 bolt rear, '70 Olds 442 W30, '70 Chevelle SS w/ 427 L88 swap, etc, etc, etc. The list goes painfully on and on and on!

Too many more to list and I'm just getting myself all depressed anyway! :(
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

:bump:

Well what do you know...the car actually is being produced...sort of.

Baldwin-Motion Camaro
[size=75]Mark
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

last i heard... concept to be debuted at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show in January... production models ready to be sold 2007 ... just a rumor though
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

This is a cool site to check out. Here are the Camaro's.

Camaro
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

kermit wrote:last i heard... concept to be debuted at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show in January... production models ready to be sold 2007 ... just a rumor though
This is true. :D The new Camaro concept car is going to be debued at the 2006 Detroit auto show in January, while the production version will be released in 2009. It will be based on either the Sigma or Zeta platform.

2009 Camaro

Here is another possible 5th gen Camaro.

Steve
Last edited by killian96ss on Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

How about this one?

back

Steve

100k limit. Link't-HJ
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I like the first one Jeff posted