Does 98-01=01-04 W/brush guards

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Does 98-01=01-04 W/brush guards

Post by Maximous »

howdy yall, little help hear, again, is there any difference between a 01CC and a 04CC Sonoma and between a 01CC Sonoma and a 01CC S-10, that would affect the part number for a grille guard brush guard? I am looking at the GoRhino 3000 series stepguard, and it has different part numbers for the chevy and the GMC, that doesn't really bother me i was just wondering why, but what does worry me is the fact that for the GMC it list from 98-01, is there any difference from 01-04 that would require a different brush guard? please say no, this is the only chrome brush guard i have found for our vehicles that is strong enough for actual use not just looks
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The only difference that I can think of would be the bumper and front valance profiles.

My 2001 has a thick rubber strip on it and I know that the front valance is different from the 2002 ZR5.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

so do you think a brush guard would fit an 04 if it says 01
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Maximous wrote:so do you think a brush guard would fit an 04 if it says 01
Will it bolt on? Yes.

Will there be modifications to the differences in the bumper/valance profile or voids? Maybe.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Does 98-01=01-04 W/brush guards

Post by kf6kmx »

Maximous wrote:howdy yall, little help hear, again, is there any difference between a 01CC and a 04CC Sonoma and between a 01CC Sonoma and a 01CC S-10, that would affect the part number for a grille guard brush guard? I am looking at the GoRhino 3000 series stepguard, and it has different part numbers for the chevy and the GMC, that doesn't really bother me i was just wondering why, but what does worry me is the fact that for the GMC it list from 98-01, is there any difference from 01-04 that would require a different brush guard? please say no, this is the only chrome brush guard i have found for our vehicles that is strong enough for actual use not just looks
Do you have a link to that brushguard??
I was looking at the GoRhino stepguard at a local shop and they told me it wasnt available for the S10 with the step...
The Police Department in Visalia has GoRhino's on at least some of their cars and they seem to hold up very well.

Thanks!
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

Maximous wrote::oops: www.GoRhino.com :roll: :lol: :lol:
interesting.. a few months ago that list wasnt there!

Oh well, I'll have to print out the 4wd S10 #'s and go back to the dealer and say :poke: "here, THIS one.. how much..."
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]