How much longer....

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

How much longer....

Post by Justin »

Do you plan on keeping your crew? I think it will be one more year for me. GM plans on redesigning the sierra and silverado

http://www.gminsidenews.com/factsheet.htm

Allready agreed that I want a diesel 4door with a 6 or 8 foot bed..not sure
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

At this point, I'm keeping mine til the wheels fall off. Then I'll put 'em back on and drive it some more. Although with gas prices going up the way they have been, I have the most expensive "Farm Use" truck in the area. I never drive it anymore except to haul the trash to the dump on Saturday. Shame.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Well I traded mine in already..... ;) Don't think I would have done it if it weren't for the heavy rebates. After driving the AV for a while, I'm glad I got it over a 1500 Ext. cause it rides much better. They need to come out with a true pickup with a link or IFS style system in the rear instead of the leaf springs.

I am interested in the new engines that GM will be putting out in the next few years. The 4/8 engine is interesting(run on 4 when low torque is needed and gets 10-15& better MPG) and the Electric boost that's now available to Fleet Buyers. That's cool as the side bonus of an onboard generator is sweet. I think it was only a 5% gain but for only 2500buck option, very cool. I think for 05 all 5.3L engines will be flex fuel standard so you guys in the lucky states can get some cheaper fuel(I hear they have a promotion now for e85 gas for only 85 cents/gal). No e85 here in NY. :( We just got Ethynal which just replaced NTBE.

As for other vehicles, the G6 Convertable would be interesting and the Envoy XUV is cool too. Just a little strange styling(not a big fan of GMC styling). That Caddy CTS-V is sweet but at that price get a Vette.

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

everybody show get one like mine :D

http://www20.brinkster.com/a2ba213b/ford.html
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Well I don't drive a crew, but I will be keeping the truck and the wifes car for many years. After the payments are done, we would like to be free of them for a while.
The kid is 5 years away form college :shock:. Got to start saving for that.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

does anyone know of any links to images of what the 2006 silverado or Sierra will look like? I'm debating on waiting until they arrive (mid to late summer 2005) or take advantage of the huge rebates that GM will have on the 2005 fullsize at that time..Those rebates + GMS + my crew as a trade in will significantly lower my monthly payments

Problem is, I think they will have to order the truck i would like and I don't know when the cut-off date is to order a 2005
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Justin wrote:does anyone know of any links to images of what the 2006 silverado or Sierra will look like? I'm debating on waiting until they arrive (mid to late summer 2005) or take advantage of the huge rebates that GM will have on the 2005 fullsize at that time..Those rebates + GMS + my crew as a trade in will significantly lower my monthly payments

Problem is, I think they will have to order the truck i would like and I don't know when the cut-off date is to order a 2005
GM just upped the rebate wars with up to 5,000 rebate for current GM owners! So I don't see rebates disappearing anytime soon. But since the fullsize has been around for a while, it might be better to wait and see what comes around in a few years. What I would wait for is the DOD and the hybrid boost systems and I hear styling will change again(Seen some spy pics of the next AV and it's much cleaner styling). We will see.

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I will keep my crew till I pay it off .. then run it till the engine goes out which seems like a while.. after that put a nice v8 in it.. .. so short answer .. yeah shes mine forever.. 8)
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
BowtieZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BowtieZR5 »

Justin wrote:does anyone know of any links to images of what the 2006 silverado or Sierra will look like? I'm debating on waiting until they arrive (mid to late summer 2005) or take advantage of the huge rebates that GM will have on the 2005 fullsize at that time..Those rebates + GMS + my crew as a trade in will significantly lower my monthly payments

hey justin i think you and me are the only ones who know what GMS is. Are you a Dealership employee or a plant employee?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

BowtieZR5 wrote:

hey justin i think you and me are the only ones who know what GMS is. Are you a Dealership employee or a plant employee?
I get GMS too...only problem is I can't use my GM Card earnings with it. I'm debating whether or not to use the GMS next time I buy something.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]