Complete Overhaul

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Complete Overhaul

Post by Justin »

Here's what I did in the past 3 days

1) Jacked the truck up and took off all 4 wheels, pressured washed the inside to remove all brake dust.
2) Spent 4 hours under the truck with 3 wire brushes attatched to a drill to remove all rust on frame, suspension, axles, crossmembers etc. Then I purchased 4 cans of Truck bed coating from auto zone and re-sprayed everything on the frame
3) Degreased and removed all the salt from under the body and under the bed with T.S.P. Then used 2 cans of engine gunk on underside of motor and inside motor compartment.
4) brought the tires to be rebalanced then remounted with the 2 better tires on the rear (rotation)
5) Removed dash to expose vents to clean, removed cd compartment and coin compartment to clean...thoroughly washed all carpet, and cloth seats..accented with a vanilla air freshner
6) Dropped it off for an engine oil and filter change, grease all fittings, change the transmission fluid and filter, change the transfer case fluid then change the front and rear axle fluid

Next week i will redo the exhaust then try and have the dents removed along with a 6 hour exterior detail

I was complimented on how nice it looked and was offered $12,000 cash. I refused and told the guy to make me an offer in 9 months. What a difference the transmission feels with smoother shifts just after the fluid change :thumb:
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Did the new paint stick to the gummy undercoating? I want to detail the underside after my lift is installed.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I'll let everyone know next week. We are expecting alot of rain these next few days.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

the stuff is holding on pretty well but it is fading and after a couple of days on the jobsite, it gets pretty dusty/muddy. The front looks the best with the a-arms, etc. looking all black but I know that come winter, more rust will come.