No fun getting parts & materials for my 2yr 22K mile DIY

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

No fun getting parts & materials for my 2yr 22K mile DIY

Post by Jim »

service.
1. At the dealer they couldn't sell me just the thermostat
gasket...only comes with the thermo. $14.26
2. Trans filter for the deep pan cost me $62.00 :shock:
3. They want $ 21.00 per gal. for dex cool. what? This isn't my
wifes German car It's a Chevy! :x
4. Rear cover gasket. $7.18
5. Locking diff oil gave me two bottles only one on the slip. :D

6. Went to Autozone for some simallar Dex stuff, Zerex Dex...
one gallon on the shelf one case at the bottom of a
stack of oil cases in the corner of the store. :x Left with only
CRC di-electric grease to soothe my dry cracked weatherstripping.
7. Same deal with the Dextron III empty shelf... Where is
that manager...Is he in the ZONE. :x

Maybe some other day I'll get the items together. :roll:

:) Just venting thanks :)
Last edited by Jim on Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You need to vent a little more...you will need three of those bottles of gear lube. If you read the fine print they are only 23 ounces each, and you need four pints , or 64 ounces to fill it :mad:

I'm betting that they will charge you double for the next one to make up the difference ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:You need to vent a little more...you will need three of those bottles of gear lube. If you read the fine print they are only 23 ounces each, and you need four pints , or 64 ounces to fill it :mad:

I'm betting that they will charge you double for the next one to make up the difference ;)
I may not do the diff when I do the other stuff. I changed it at 600 miles. I'm looking for an aluminum cover. I'll change the cover when I understand the drain/supply axel hole thing.
Are the Dex compatable coolants Dex or only formulated to be compatable.
Do you know if anyone has tryed the coolant that is used in my wifes Audi it's orange & is suppose to be far superior to anything from the US.
Anti-phosphate, anti-amine - Pentosin red GO12A8D
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jim wrote:...Do you know if anyone has tryed the coolant that is used in my wifes Audi it's orange & is suppose to be far superior to anything from the US.
Never heard of that. I have only used Havoline's extended life coolant, and Caterpillar's. I don't know if they are any better or worse.

Have you ever run into the blue coolant? I hear rumors that Ford may be considering that. I sure hope it is not the same stuff that they use in the port-a-potties ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:
Jim wrote:...Do you know if anyone has tryed the coolant that is used in my wifes Audi it's orange & is suppose to be far superior to anything from the US.
Never heard of that. I have only used Havoline's extended life coolant, and Caterpillar's. I don't know if they are any better or worse.

Have you ever run into the blue coolant? I hear rumors that Ford may be considering that. I sure hope it is not the same stuff that they use in the port-a-potties ;)
The blue was 95 back VW / Audi the red is 96+ judging by the technolegy my wifes 7 year old audi is still way more advanced than a 2004 chev. I like the windows & sunroof close feature with the turn of the key.
Best Regards, Jim
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

HenryJ wrote: Have you ever run into the blue coolant? I hear rumors that Ford may be considering that. I sure hope it is not the same stuff that they use in the port-a-potties ;)

blue coolant , blue oval, blue radiator hoses, blue windshield washer fluid, blue engine blocks, all we need now is ford new BLUE gas.. wait some gas looks blue..
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]